Aaron Rodgers 'I still own you'

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All I know is it’s a bad look for the nfl to call all these taunting penalties and then glorify when one of its main stars taunts fans of all people.
They claim the taunting penalty is to keep things from escalating between players and its penalized on both sides. Really cant compare the two.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Well, I thought it was pretty funny.

And as long as fans keep accepting and supporting the incompetent bullshit this organization does, (and they will no matter what) it's well deserved.

The NFL is literally video game Madden most of the time and this team still can't field an offense that can score just 20 consistently.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
K63TwSGt3HPq3avBdrs2D_xM-6JGfaI1RpmS5eWxE9c.png

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Oh, he did. He was one of the best and most feared during his time at C for the Bears. Mean and twitchy, he had that offhand all over the place before snaps, dude was a warrior. Guess he accidentally threw Drew Brees against a wall also... miss him.

We need more oline like him, large and with anger issues.

Yes he did good things.
I'm not saying he was horrible OL. I just couldn't co-sign on him injuring a teammate. I'm just not cool with that.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
All I know is it’s a bad look for the nfl to call all these taunting penalties and then glorify when one of its main stars taunts fans of all people.
They even tweeted it! On the official NFL Twitter.

I agree with you, have no problem with Rodgers doing it, but the NFL glorifying it and promoting it?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Someone gonna take a cheap shot at Rodgers next game. Probably a scrub so if he is ejected it’s no big deal.

Reactions: DC

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Oh, he did. He was one of the best and most feared during his time at C for the Bears. Mean and twitchy, he had that offhand all over the place before snaps, dude was a warrior. Guess he accidentally threw Drew Brees against a wall also... miss him.

We need more oline like him, large and with anger issues.
Olin wasn’t particularly large - 6’2” 290 lbs.

Dent9585

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Boston Bruins
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Someone needs to cheap shot this guy 30 years of losing to GB and just maybe change the vibe between these teams.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
The entire city of Chicago should boycott State Farm if they don’t fire him for this. That’ll teach him.

Reactions: DC

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I am about to put a stake in the Packers and tell him I own him too. We will see who is championship belting then suckah.

In all honesty, no lies told. Homie really went there though lol. Respect.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
I think you missed my point

Aaron seems to think 'owning' the Bears is something he needs to scream about to kids in the stands - but he's played with better squads than the Bears have had during his illustrious career and has one Super Bowl win to show for it - the same as our third string QB.

He seemed to be very triggered by the Bears fans which is kind of odd. Much like his outburst - but, as I said, maybe this is the highlight of his career (beating poor Bears teams) and its what he feels he will be remembered for in the future??

The Bears have one SB win in their entire history, not exactly one to criticize Rodgers for 'only' having one so far. Also, I think Rodgers is pretty confident he will get another, likely this season.

Your third string QB has as many as your entire franchise lol.

Rodgers embracing our rivalry isn't an overcompensation on his part lol. You would never say that about a Bears player or coach doing the same.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
It was classless. And lacked grace.

Lost respect for him with that move (albeit accurate and he certainly doesn't care what we think).

Packers will do well this year cause he is a gamer, but then he'll dump them for the Broncos.

Rodgers is only on his way out because the Packers chose to move on.

He has no say in who we trade him too.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
The Bears have one SB win in their entire history, not exactly one to criticize Rodgers for 'only' having one so far. Also, I think Rodgers is pretty confident he will get another, likely this season.

Rodgers embracing our rivalry isn't an overcompensation on his part lol. You would never say that about a Bears player or coach doing the same.
Mouthing off to opposing fans isn't "embracing our rivalry", it's simply petty.
The guy's talent is fun to watch, but he obviously is battling inner demons cause he can be quite the douche.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I think you missed my point ....again

The Bears aren't running up to kids (or apparently, as Aaron has confirmed, a woman) in the stand shouting about winning one Super Bowl. In fact, I would say the Bears, see it as a major failing on their part (which is understandable, given the history of the franchise). I certainly haven't met a Bears fan, or heard a current player, say it's a good return since the 1980's

Foles has as many Super Bowl wins as the Bears and Aaron - no argument there. but again, only one of those is shouting into the stands about 'owning' anyone - again, I should clarify, shouting at a woman in the stands who apparently triggered him by responding to his weird celebration.

I do think it's good that Rodgers embraces the rivalry - but a pro player on a multi million pound contract shouting at a lady in the stands because she flipped him the bird may be one of the saddest and lamest things I've seen in a while - and I spent last season watching our O line!!!

So to make my point again, he made himself look a bit of a dick by taunting the fans, when he himself has been mostly 'owned' by the league for not being particularly successful over the years in terms of taking his team to Super Bowl wins - he has the same as Nick Foles in that respect - who, I think we can all agree, is regarded as a bit of a disappointment (hence him being the Bears third string QB).

But I do love the fact the lady in the stand clearly lives rent free in Rodgers head - in that respect, there is clearly only one person being 'owned', and more power to her!! ; )

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

VTxBgkw0xlY63BAuXnfKHnZpvGZevRr2MiTJaC2qskU.jpg

raw

Interesting what preceded it:

Following a 6-yard touchdown run that helped the Packers clinch another win at Soldier Field, Rodgers said he looked into the stands and saw a Bears fan in the front row giving him two middle fingers. At that point, Rodgers screamed, “I still own you. I still own you!” to the crowd.

“Sometimes you blackout on the field, in a good way,” Rodgers said. “I looked up in the stands in the front row and all I saw was a woman giving me the double bird. I’m not sure exactly what came out of my mouth next.”

At 22-5, I guess he does. Still, he didn't have to say it.

No one is questioning, however, whether or not he's right.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Recipe for sounding absurd:

Insist that Aaron Rodgers would not dominate the Bears if only Olin Kreutz were still on the team, er, or something like that...

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
THIS is the correct way to handle the scenario, NOT hugging the bitch after the game, our players are soft and keeping one eye on their next job opportunity because they know they're playing for a lame duck coach because ownership didn't have the courage to make the right call. The second he did that someone should have immediately jacked his shit up....this is fucking tackle football not flag, take some pride in your city .....even though your offensive guru can't score points with ANY fucking QB. Do we need Ozzie Guillen to consult with this team? If there is no retalitation in Green Bay against this punk bitch I will forever be disgusted with this soft bunch