Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Mike McCarthy was an idiot but make no mistake it was Ted Thompson that royally fucked the Packers. As much as we talk about how bad our GMs have been at drafting...Ted was on a whole different level of bad for what seemed like forever. Matter of fact I just had to look it up, he was their GM for 12 years and nearly singlehandedly wasted Rodgers' prime.

Funny thing is, I remember after they won the SB in 2010 that a lot of Bear fans were praising Thompson and said they wished he was the Bears GM.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know why you think that means anything to me. Rodgers could very well go on to have a healthy MVP-esque season and it wouldn't change history. He still would have had the same lackluster years we are talking about right now on his record. Go ahead. Pull up this thread this time next year.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Funny thing is, I remember after they won the SB in 2010 that a lot of Bear fans were praising Thompson and said they wished he was the Bears GM.
They said you passed away. WTF

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why are you so fixated on MVP? This thread is about whether or not he’s a top 5 QBs. Since you don’t me to “put words in other people’s mouths” I’ll ask you straight up. Are there 5 other NFL QB you would rather have on the Chicago Bears? If the answer is yes please name them.
What the fuck does it have to do with the Bears?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What the fuck does it have to do with the Bears?
Would you want him to be the QB of tour favorite NFL team? If the answer is yes he’s obviously still good, I don’t think anybody disagrees there. However if you can’t name 5 QBs you would rather have on the Bears then he’s still top 5.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.... Surround him with more talent and he may get back to that level. Assuming he isn't being a bitch to his head coach and said coach isn't a potato at play calling.

I see what you did there. "COACH POTATO" :smug2:

Meanwhile Bears are trying a kicker named Fry. :isee:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Absolutely untrue. You can take a look at Rodgers' stat sheet and see he dropped off in passer rating and completion percentage compared to when he actually was a top 5 quarterback...which he isn't anymore until he proves otherwise. And that is if you can somehow manage to ignore the fact he pisses everyone off around him and is injury prone.

I look at the situation he was in and take it with a grain of salt.
He was the entire team for many years and had most of his prime wasted.
an injury year and a down year suck put side by side, but down years happen to all the greats.

That said, his injury year I would toss out and last year wasnt that bad- after all, brady had a lesser year in 2013 and that obviously didnt signal a downslide... same td total, 9 more ints, 100 less yards, and 2% less completion percentage.
It wasnt a story because brady had a complete team around him and he wasnt coming off an injury year.

Luck is a great parallel here as well... he sucked absolute ass before his injury in 2015, and struggled in 16. Bounced back just fine in 17.

Bottom line for my own personal opinion on Rodgers is that his strength is in his decision making and smarts.
Break him down physically and he still would be great- Manning and rivers combined dont have a tenth of Rodgers athletic ability.. But Rodgers has comparable football smarts.

Dude has a quite a few good years left. I am just thankful he never had a decent coaching staff to take full advantage of what he had all those years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have enjoyed the McCarthy era very much, and the fact that they went behind Aaron and acquired a coach he hates already...

hahahahahahahaha

As for the guy himself...I've never seen anything like him in terms of timing + scrambling + arm + accuracy.

The eye test says he is a fucking god. Following their history closely as a Bears fan says McCarthy was an arrogant fuck who held the GOAT back immeasurably.

I fear the present Aaron Rodgers with an actual running back for the first time in a long time, ALOT.

However, his dedication to yoga and flexibility and being a fragile little cock sucker is hilarious. I aspire to both power lifting and yoga....and I don't understand why he found yoga and turned his back on mass and power. He has been a fragile little girl since dating Olivia.
Oh for shit’s sake. Every year we are to fear their latest great running back, only to come back a year later making excuses because they had no RB.

First of all, GB running more and having Rodgers throw less would be good for us, not bad.

Secondly, Rodgers has long been both terrific and his own worst enemy. He just has to go for the highlight play rather than take easy completions. He could be unstoppable if he didn’t stop himself.

People here keep answering the question of his CURRENT status with comments of how great he has been.

The fact is, his recent performance is not at a level of his career best or even his career average.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Yeah, imagine that. Team wins SB and GM gets praised.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For fun:
Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Luck
Brees

Staying away from this whole Aaron Rodgers/overrated issue until we're 2-0 against them this year. I will say that's not a bad list. As a tangent, I wanted to highlight the Colts- apparently Colts 1st Round pick Parris Campbell is lighting it up in TC. The Colts are a team to watch. That division is going to be brutal.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Staying away from this whole Aaron Rodgers/overrated issue until we're 2-0 against them this year. I will say that's not a bad list.

Tier 1: A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure passing situations.
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Luck
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Wilson

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tier 1: A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure passing situations.
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Luck
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Yeah, that's a pretty good list.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Until Rogers retires, he will be better than any QB we have every had, except maybe Sid, but that was a completely different era.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
so what QBs do you take right now over Rodgers?
Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Luck, Brees, Rivers. These are QB's better than Rodgers right now. If you want to ask who I would take over Rodgers in 2019, the list is much longer

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Luck, Brees, Rivers. These are QB's better than Rodgers right now. If you want to ask who I would take over Rodgers in 2019, the list is much longer

If I could see Rodgers play with Rivers toys for a few games...I feel like I could weigh in. Mike Williams could barely get on the field last year, while Rodgers is throwing to Geronimo Allison and a washed up Graham. It took them 5 years to find Lacy seemingly, and 5 years to find Jones though that seems like an exaggeration.
Their o-line has been solid, but only because they get away with murder. Talent wise they seem to break down and get injured...team has been decimated several times..
The defense puts him in an up hill battle the last few years, and ever since he stopped lifting and switched to yoga he gets his collar bone broke. No mass.

Dude still scares me if they get a modern offense and another receiver or two. They would be another team that might poach a Hall or two were we to expose them. Let them have Gentry.

(Gentry is seriously this generations Tom Waddle...will get cut every year...and will find the field at some point down the road for a game or two, all he is missing is an epic meaningful catch or two at the end of this journey but it don't look like it will come here)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Luck
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Wouldn't be surprised if Brees wasn't on that tier at the end of the year

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No