Aaron Rodgers not expected at mandatory minicamp

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The simple answer is millions of dollars.

If he retires, he loses the 2021 money owed him, he is still under Packers control (the 2021 season does not count for his contract) and the whole thing goes one more year before something happens.

If he shows up and is "injured" after 6 games, the Packers have to pay his 2021 salary, the 2021 season is taken off his contract and the Packers already are into year one of playing Love. He is one step closer to being gone and is millions of dollars richer.
Again, I don’t think Rodgers is worried about millions of dollars. He is already set for life. He seems more set on leaving the Packers than worrying about money.

I know he is still under control, but it will force the Packers to still move on from him. This situation for Rodgers and the Packers is already messy. You know how much worse it would get if Rodgers is suddenly “injured” after 6 games.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Again, I don’t think Rodgers is worried about millions of dollars. He is already set for life. He seems more set on leaving the Packers than worrying about money.

I know he is still under control, but it will force the Packers to still move on from him. This situation for Rodgers and the Packers is already messy. You know how much worse it would get if Rodgers is suddenly “injured” after 6 games.
You seem to be missing the big point.

If Rodgers is so upset with the Packers, he is in a great position to make them suffer. He doesn't need the money, like you said. He is also an a-hole, so getting even is the type of thing he would do.

If the Packers force him to stay, he can do exactly what I said he could. How is that going to hurt him? If he moves on to another team next year, how is that going to hurt HIM? It sure will hurt the Packers as his value drops because of his "injury".

He can give the Packers the middle finger by having an "injury" filled season. I believe that he can get hurt game 1 and still get his full salary and the accrued contract year. He can literally play one snap in game 1 and take himself out for the rest of the season because of "injury".

Remember, this has nothing to do with the money in the bank for Rodgers, but fucking the Packers over as much as possible.

Basically:

A. trade Rodgers and get what you can for him this year.

B. have Rodgers sit for almost the whole season and trade him in 2022 for less assets.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Rodgers is so upset with the Packers, he is in a great position to make them suffer. He doesn't need the money, like you said. He is also an a-hole, so getting even is the type of thing he would do.

If the Packers force him to stay, he can do exactly what I said he could. How is that going to hurt him? If he moves on to another team next year, how is that going to hurt HIM? It sure will hurt the Packers as his value drops because of his "injury".

He can give the Packers the middle finger by having an "injury" filled season. I believe that he can get hurt game 1 and still get his full salary and the accrued contract year. He can literally play one snap in game 1 and take himself out for the rest of the season because of "injury".

Remember, this has nothing to do with the money in the bank for Rodgers, but fucking the Packers over as much as possible.

Basically:

B. have Rodgers sit for almost the whole season and trade him in 2022 for less assets.
I agree with everything you say with the exception I think he would be worth more next offseason that he is now. How many teams can truly afford him this year? Auction prices rarely go very high with only one or two parties bidding.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything you say with the exception I think he would be worth more next offseason that he is now. How many teams can truly afford him this year? Auction prices rarely go very high with only one or two parties bidding.
If he doesn't play or sits with an injury for most of the year then his value definitely goes down.

Also with a player like him if a team needs a qb and wants him, they will make the salary cap work. There is always a way to make the money work.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The Denver Broncos would be an immediate SB contender with Rodgers.
Washington would too. Also San Francisco maybe isn't interested anymore, but they are a sb contender even without him. Giants could be a contender with him.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Might be a good year for Rodgers to break his collarbone again. Where is Shea?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he doesn't play or sits with an injury for most of the year then his value definitely goes down.

Also with a player like him if a team needs a qb and wants him, they will make the salary cap work. There is always a way to make the money work.
I disagree, that is why you seen players sign so many one year contracts this year.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Washington would too. Also San Francisco maybe isn't interested anymore, but they are a sb contender even without him. Giants could be a contender with him.

SF could win multiple SB's with Rodgers instead of hoping that Lance develops into a good QB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yes, there is that.

My price was more of him being older and "injured". Injury and age drop prices, but you are right, some teams will sell the farm.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Basically:

I get where you are coming from but how do you know he wants to get even or fuck them over as much as possible? Why couldn’t it be as simple as what the reports are saying and he just doesn’t want to play for the Packers anymore?

He can also give the Packers the middle finger by not showing up/sitting the season/retiring. Forcing the Packers to play Love and losing almost any hope of making the playoffs.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I get where you are coming from but how do you know he wants to get even or fuck them over as much as possible? Why couldn’t it be as simple as what the reports are saying and he just doesn’t want to play for the Packers anymore?

He can also give the Packers the middle finger by not showing up/sitting the season/retiring. Forcing the Packers to play Love and losing almost any hope of making the playoffs.
Having played for them for an eternity, why would he want to leave?

Probably because he is pissed off at them.

Tell me what Rodgers gets out of sitting the season?

There has to be something.

After all, he is giving the Packers a discount because he is off the books in 2021 in your scenario. Not much of a middle finger. And when he returns, he still has as many years under contract because 2021 did not count for anything.

So sitting out a year is anything but a middle finger.

A middle finger is making the Packers pay and basically not playing for them in 2021 due to "injury".

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Having played for them for an eternity, why would he want to leave?

Probably because he is pissed off at them.

Tell me what Rodgers gets out of sitting the season?

There has to be something.

After all, he is giving the Packers a discount because he is off the books in 2021 in your scenario. Not much of a middle finger. And when he returns, he still has as many years under contract because 2021 did not count for anything.

So sitting out a year is anything but a middle finger.

A middle finger is making the Packers pay and basically not playing for them in 2021 due to "injury".
Well he’s obviously unhappy with the organization but that doesn’t mean he wants revenge or needs to stick it to them.

Once again, the middle finger is going from a guaranteed playoff spot with Rodgers to falling in the division without.

You are right, when he returns he would have the same amount of years in his contract. Rodgers missing time, not playing, etc is sending a clear message that “I will never play for you again”. He would be the top free agent going into the 2022 season. If your the Packers GM are you going to refuse to trade him again and not gain a lot of compensation? It was a stupid move not to trade him this offseason and would be even more stupid next offseason.

Making the Packers pay by faking injuries is childish and disrespecting the NFL and game of football.