Aaron Rodgers unhappy with Packers wants out

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Sounds like it's time to retire, marry your celebrity fiancee and ride off in the California sunset Rodgers......please?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
These are the 3 possible scenarios:

-Rodgers doesn't accept contract extension; Packers don't win SB; Gets traded next off-season
-Rodgers doesn't accept contract extension: Packers win SB; Rodgers signs extension and retires a Packer
-Rodgers accepts contract extension and retires a Packer

Anything short of acquiring the #1 pick + other major assets would not be maximizing the value you could get from Aaron Rodgers. There's no way they trade him to SF, so they can select the potential 3rd best QB in this draft.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
These are the 3 possible scenarios:

-Rodgers doesn't accept contract extension; Packers don't win SB; Gets traded next off-season
-Rodgers doesn't accept contract extension: Packers win SB; Rodgers signs extension and retires a Packer
-Rodgers accepts contract extension and retires a Packer

Anything short of acquiring the #1 pick + other major assets would not be maximizing the value you could get from Aaron Rodgers. There's no way they trade him to SF, so they can select the potential 3rd best QB in this draft.
Interesting thought there. Would Jacksonville trade the #1 pick for Rodgers so the Packers can take Lawrence? It'd be a way for Jacksonville to put themselves on the map right away but you would be passing on a once-in-a-decade type QB talent.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The timing is so weird. Anyway, this will be all anyone will be talking about today.

I'm wondering if this is Wisconsin Diva's way of ensuring the Pack draft players that help him this year?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Rodgers have a no trade clause? PRetty sure yes, but where would he even want to go?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Are we so beaten as fans that we're happy the only chance our team has of winning is if the other QB retires or gets traded? How bout we man the fuk up draft better hold accountable the fuktards who's salary yall pay to put a winning product on the field. I'm not excited they may draft the NEXT AR ...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Saw rumors that they already tried
And is this latest leak to Schefter and Glazer an attempt by Rodgers to force the Packers' hand?

I think it comes down to the cap hit and the fact that the Packers front office knows Aaron Rodgers isn't going to actually retire or sit out the season and walk away from all that money.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Are we so beaten as fans that we're happy the only chance our team has of winning is if the other QB retires or gets traded? How bout we man the fuk up draft better hold accountable the fuktards who's salary yall pay to put a winning product on the field. I'm not excited they may draft the NEXT AR ...
Rodgers was the ultimate Bear-killer. Favre by comparison was light duty, the odds they find another guy that good who causes that many problems for the beloved are near zero.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Rodgers wants a new contract. He has no more guaranteed money on his deal that runs through 2023. This is an attempt at leverage.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Rodgers was the ultimate Bear-killer. Favre by comparison was light duty, the odds they find another guy that good who causes that many problems for the beloved are near zero.
Ah we forget they are a better run organization at this point so that zero becomes at least 25%. If we were them we wouldn't have picked Mitch that says alot. I would trust a team with b2b HoF QBs before our shit show. I loath the sack but why we haven't modeled the Bears head office after there organization yet I don't know.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
As much as I want a top qb in Chicago, not him. Fuck that guy! I could never cheer for him.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's what I thought when Favre's career at GB was nearing its end.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Ah we forget they are a better run organization at this point so that zero becomes at least 25%. If we were them we wouldn't have picked Mitch that says alot. I would trust a team with b2b HoF QBs before our shit show. I loath the sack but why we haven't modeled the Bears head office after there organization yet I don't know.
They are run like shit. They had Rodgers in MVP form with an average defense and a stud offensive line...and what did they spend their draft picks on? A developmental quarterback and a back-up runningback. Their coach is actually worse than the last guy, who himself was a stick in the mud so unwilling to innovate that it actually made Rodgers look like he was in decline.

Without number twelve that team wins maybe four games every year. They are terrible at drafting, they are terrible at free agency and managing the cap and they have a shittier history of head coaches than even the Bears. But they have a legitimate god at quarterback and also are imbued with the good sense to put a decent offensive line in front of him, though they actually neglected that for a couple years and quickly learned their lesson.

Liked Posts:
Would they really? Maybe they'd recoup a later 1st rounder?

Would you want the Bears to trade #20 for Jordan Love?
I think it might be worth a shot if they can't get one of the top 4-5 QBs this year. Love appears to be a really good prospect, but I doubt Packers would make that trade inside the division.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That's what I thought when Favre's career at GB was nearing its end.
The Bears did manage to best Favre every so often though. Rodgers has just owned the Bears every year he's been in Green Bay except 2018.