According to PFF.com ...

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Braxton Jones is the highest rated rookie tackle in the league. He's significantly ahead of the 1st rounders ... not too shabby

Tevin Jenkins is the 6th ranked guard.

We just need 3 new starters :(

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the post. Jones was looking very overpowered early in the year so that is great. Even just a swing tackle is awesome.

What are grades for borom and whitehair?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He hasnt been great in pass protection, but he also hasnt been bottom of the league bad in that regard. He's already one of the best outside zone run blocking OTs and that synergizes well with Fields Skillset. His biggest issue in pass pro appears to be strength/power from his base - usually thats something that can be improved, at least more reliably than something like foot speed. I think the arrow is pointing up for a guy like Jones, i see him hopefully developing to his ceiling of elite (zone) run blocking OT who is still capable in pass protection. I would bet even just 1 full NFL offseason to strength train will do wonders for his ability to anchor.

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the post. Jones was looking very overpowered early in the year so that is great. Even just a swing tackle is awesome.

What are grades for borom and whitehair?
Jones is 26th out of 80 and Borom is 42nd out of 80.

Whitehair was once ranked as high as 8th but is down to 23rd

I don't have a subscription so I can't tell how they grade in passing vs blocking. These are summary grades

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Jones is 26th out of 80 and Borom is 42nd out of 80.

Whitehair was once ranked as high as 8th but is down to 23rd

I don't have a subscription so I can't tell how they grade in passing vs blocking. These are summary grades
Mustipher is ranked 16th so take these with a grain of salt ... no way he's not the worst center in the league

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
A move to right tackle may be in his future. His run blocking has been very good but his pass blocking needs a lot of work.
I feel like he should have started there to develop.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't whiff or blow assignments but he has no answer for a good bull rush - either gets pushed back like a sled or stood up and bent over backwards. Maybe time, effort, coaching and experience erase that weakness and maybe not. I know they have many needs on both sides of the ball but if Poles takes an LT in round one next year I won't quibble.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He doesn't whiff or blow assignments but he has no answer for a good bull rush - either gets pushed back like a sled or stood up and bent over backwards. Maybe time, effort, coaching and experience erase that weakness and maybe not. I know they have many needs on both sides of the ball but if Poles takes an LT in round one next year I won't quibble.

All things being equal I'm fine with Jones at LT going into next year. I wouldn't be upset with a 1st round tackle but I'd much prefer D-line or WR at the top of the draft. If Orlando Brown is available and the Bears want to spend a kings ransom on him, ok. But Jones is out playing every tackle drafted before him, and he has plenty of upside(he was an "upside" pick afterall).

Rookie LTs are going to struggle. It's the nature of the position. The Bears have given Jones very little help this year-which says a lot about their confidence in him. I've said this before but I honestly don't think the o-line needs as much as people think. There are pieces there. Great offensive lines are generally offensive lines that have played together and played as a cohesive unit. Not saying they don't need to upgrade but I'm fine with at least Jones, White hair and Jenkins.