Acid Trip: Solved Line-up Helix

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, just like the DNA spiral ladder, it came to me in the mist between dreaming and waking.

Suter-Toews-Cat
Kubalik-Strome-Kane
Janmark-Dach-Shaw
Walmark-Carp-Kampf

13. Smith

I cant solve the defensive double helix. Those guys fit together as 6 like oil and water.

If Suter isn't the man, I think alternatives stem around...

Cat/Shaw/Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Suter/Nylander/Pirri/Cat-Dach/Strome-Kane
Janmark-Strome/Carp/Dach-Cat/Shaw/Suter
Walmark-Kampf-Smith-Carp

(Note: I haven't actually tried acid yet, surprising even to myself)

Peace and love; out.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats what gets me about this team...
it might actually be good if they had a goaltender. I like the forward group well enough.

Suter/Shaw/Janmark-Toews-Kubalik
Janmark/Cat/Suter-Dach-Kane
Cat/Shaw/Janmark/Nylander-Walmark/Carp-Shaw/Cat/Walmark/Kampf/HIghmore
Smith/Janmark/Nylander-Carp/Walmark/Kurashev-Kampf/Shaw/Highmore/entwhystle/hogan

I just don't like the idea of Suppan/Delia. For any team.

I think they look at the defense more optimistically than we do...so they say...."worst best-case scenario Seabrook/Murphy are your third pairing with loaded youth pushing upward. maybe you move one if possible for the right offer that benefits longterm.

worst case scenario Seabrook/Murphy is your second pairing. So...I think they think they can be okay with more from DeHaan and the youth, plus Zadorov.

They might have a chance to test that theory with a proper netminder. Where is Nalimov in all this? I guess if Nalimov emerges as the dark horse secret and takes over for 4 years I will have to shut-up, which I should do anyway. For a long long time and process. The end.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If Seabs/Murphy is your third pairing, that means Boqvist and Mitchell are superstars.

The jury's still out on Boqvist, and I don't think too highly of Ian Mitchell. I think Carlsson is a better fit for this team then both of them. He's good in his own zone and doesn't over think or force plays. In Rockford, he's a man among boys but that's really not saying too much considering the Hogs have nothing in terms of quality depth.

That being said, they're invested in Boqvist. He is going to get every opportunity since,as a Blowman pick, and I really get the feeling Stan is gonna force his picks into the NHL so he can proclaim himself a draft guru, and a high pick at that, Stan needs him to be a big time player. But to me, there's just something off about the kid. I see the total skill set, but I also see a kid who's currently playing over his head. He shouldn't be playing in the NHL, he should be down in Rockford.

As for Mitchell, he's really small. They have him listed at 5'11 and I think that's with his skates on. For the draftnicks saying he's the second coming of Duncan Keith, he's not.

At all.

Seriously.

He's more a Leddy type without being a bricklayer in his own zone. Altho Leddy currently isn't that bad as he was during his tenure as a Hawk.

But it brings up the question, if the Hawks are moving towards being a grinding type team, which they are, why so many puck movers?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strome or no strome, Shaw or no shaw? Smith? What will Suter be? How high will Janmark and Walmark go up the lines?

Janmark/Suter/Shaw?-Toews-Kubalik
Suter/Cat/Pirri/Nylander-Strome/Dach-Kane
Janmark/Suter/Nylander-Dach/Walmark/Carp-Shaw/Cat/Kampf/Wahlmark/Highmore
Smith/Nylander/Wahlmark-Carp/Walhmark-Carp/Kampf/Smith/Highmore/Shaw

13. Entwhistle/Barrett/Hogan/Smith/Nylander/Highmore

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...this became a "bad trip" rather predictably and ironically given the title. Fucking hell. At least now we can't blame the goalie. Maybe Toews called and screamed at them and they told him to take a few weeks off and they will get him a goalie if its as bad as he fears? Who knows?!!

So here is the article about loaning Kurashev to Europe...also ironically...I think to Swiss League so he can compare himself to Suter and Kubalik.

But I doubt they do this if they know about the Center position collapse?

Pirri and Morrison might be the guys you see more of in performance competition with Quinneville and Evan Barrett early on , if I had to guess. I think you find some points there and rotate with a gritty Highmore or Entwhystle when you need a warm body that will play hard for you. The sky opened up for Barrett...they like his size and probably asked him to leave school.

So...without the Swiss Dream team Kurashev line that will have to wait until 2021-2, Strome and Kane to the top. I think that is a given...just for starters to get a feel for some guys...JC might want to keep things simple with so many new faces learning.

First Mess
Cat/Suter-Strome-Kubalik
Shaw-Carpenter-Kane
Janmark-Soderberg-Pirri/Morrison/Cat
Kampf-Wallmark-Barrett/Quenville/Shaw

Keith-Boqvist
Zodorov-Murphy
Seabrook-De Haan/Mitchell

Its really not that bad, imo, due to the new additions and versatility of Hawks/Bowman guys. We got a little bit small there for a couple years but I don't think it will be a huge deal among the FWDS...one or two more trades to beef up the defense which keeps Seabrooke valuable to us actually, I don't have a huge problem with the team anymore, but I do have a probelm with the goaltending unless Nalimov steals the show.

can Barrett play center?
I don't think so, but what he can do...is be the guy that saves Cat. I suspect the forwards are a better group than we are realizing right now.

So thats alot of names even without Toews/Dach/Kurashev. I'm gonna smoke the rest of my weed and bust out two lines on the acid helix...one for week 2 quick filtering, and one to move toward just before Toews return, but Helix inspired style.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Helix 1...Early Competitions...Harry Potter Glasses
Shaw-Soderberg-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Janmark-Carpenter-Pirri/Morrison
Smith-Wallmark-Kampf

Helix 2...Rask matrix vision...the sift out( toews back)
Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Suter-Strome-Cat
Janmark-Soderberg-Wallmark
Barrett-Carpenter-Kampf

2022(Kampf to Seattle)
Suter(re-sign)-Dach-Kane
Cat-Toews-Kubalik
Barrett-Strome(re-sign)-Rachal
Morrison/Pirri-Kurashev-Wallmark(re-sign)

Keith-Boqvist
Mitchel-Beudin
Seabrook-Murphy

SURPRISE CHAMPIONSHIP.

This will be my final Blackhawks post. May it be so.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JC did some good things. Real tough situation right now, anybody can weigh-in

Surviving the Covids....Look...I think we should stop asking Kane to carry people and give Kane the best we have.

Kubalik-Strome-Kane
Janmark-Suter-Kurashev
Kampf-Carp-Hagel
Barrett-Soderberg-Shaw

13. Highmore

Keith-Caarlson
Murphy-Zadorov
Mitchell-De Haan

7. Beudin

After Covids

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Janmark-Strome-Suter
Kurashev-Soderberg-Wallmark
Kampf-Carp-Shaw

13. Barrett (versatile and should be often deployed on the left)

Murphy-Zadorov
Keith-Seabrooke
DeHaan-Mitchell

7.Boqvist

I think Dehaan and Boqvist are little guys that could benefit from splitting games.

Caarlson should be played the minimum to also qualify for a pro-rated expansion draft.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JC did some good things. Real tough situation right now, anybody can weigh-in

Surviving the Covids....Look...I think we should stop asking Kane to carry people and give Kane the best we have.

Kubalik-Strome-Kane
Janmark-Suter-Kurashev
Kampf-Carp-Hagel
Barrett-Soderberg-Shaw

13. Highmore

Keith-Caarlson
Murphy-Zadorov
Mitchell-De Haan

7. Beudin

After Covids

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Janmark-Strome-Suter
Kurashev-Soderberg-Wallmark
Kampf-Carp-Shaw

13. Barrett (versatile and should be often deployed on the left)

Murphy-Zadorov
Keith-Seabrooke
DeHaan-Mitchell

7.Boqvist

I think Dehaan and Boqvist are little guys that could benefit from splitting games.

Caarlson should be played the minimum to also qualify for a pro-rated expansion draft.
Is there ANYTHING Shaw can do to keep you from seeing him as nothing more than a 4th liner?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there ANYTHING Shaw can do to keep you from seeing him as nothing more than a 4th liner?
No, but he is my most beloved 4th liner. I feel like he gives scoring teeth to that group and doesn't commit as many penalties or turn his line mates into targets there. Its expected there.

Its when he acts like a tough guy for Kane or Cat's line that we get in trouble and atract the wrong attention to the wrong places.

In a situation like this...I'm fine with him about anywhere and thats a huge credit to who he is. But in ideal circumstances, he makes for a great 4th line, and my personal favorite is Shaw-Carp-Kampf because they are absolutely dangerous together and give nothing easy or free.

To Martini's credit, that can just as easily be our 3rd line if you want to build another checking line around Soderberg and like Janmark or something.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, but he is my most beloved 4th liner. I feel like he gives scoring teeth to that group and doesn't commit as many penalties or turn his line mates into targets there. Its expected there.

Its when he acts like a tough guy for Kane or Cat's line that we get in trouble and atract the wrong attention to the wrong places.

In a situation like this...I'm fine with him about anywhere and thats a huge credit to who he is. But in ideal circumstances, he makes for a great 4th line, and my personal favorite is Shaw-Carp-Kampf because they are absolutely dangerous together and give nothing easy or free.

To Martini's credit, that can just as easily be our 3rd line if you want to build another checking line around Soderberg and like Janmark or something.
Why do you see a player who's averaged over .2 golas a game and .45 points a game for his career as nothing more than a 4th liner and NO WORRY.........Kane and D-Cat have NO ONE on their lines who'll stick up for them now.......wonderful!
Shaw had more goals and points his last full season than the other fourth liners have for their careers.....just a fact.
Carp has 33 assists and Kampf has 31.......for their careers,Shaw's ONLY chance to score will be on the PP but those F'n Euros will always get the top six spots whether they deserve em or not.
Shaw turns his linemates into targets? Where TF do you get that from? If anything Shaw will direct opposing physicality toward himself and away from guys like Kane or D-Cat.
Hawk fans are so fucking used to having small,perimiter players in the top six,they automatically see any physical forward as a 4th liner...............LOFL.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you see a player who's averaged over .2 golas a game and .45 points a game for his career as nothing more than a 4th liner and NO WORRY.........Kane and D-Cat have NO ONE on their lines who'll stick up for them now.......wonderful!
Shaw had more goals and points his last full season than the other fourth liners have for their careers.....just a fact.
Carp has 33 assists and Kampf has 31.......for their careers,Shaw's ONLY chance to score will be on the PP but those F'n Euros will always get the top six spots whether they deserve em or not.
Shaw turns his linemates into targets? Where TF do you get that from? If anything Shaw will direct opposing physicality toward himself and away from guys like Kane or D-Cat.
Hawk fans are so fucking used to having small,perimiter players in the top six,they automatically see any physical forward as a 4th liner...............LOFL.
Shaw isn't the guy to ask to do that. He ends up concussed. Let him roll with the tough guys and he gives you more than expected, while bringing a scoring threat and scrappy goal threat to those lines.

Shaw can play the possession and Corsi game, so its always tempting to play him top 6, but he never fit Kane well. Toews a little better with like Hossa. Shaw-Toews-Hossa did some things.

I hear ya...I'll try to be more open about it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shaw isn't the guy to ask to do that. He ends up concussed. Let him roll with the tough guys and he gives you more than expected, while bringing a scoring threat and scrappy goal threat to those lines.

Shaw can play the possession and Corsi game, so its always tempting to play him top 6, but he never fit Kane well. Toews a little better with like Hossa. Shaw-Toews-Hossa did some things.

I hear ya...I'll try to be more open about it.
When did Shaw get a chance to play with Kane?
Shaw's not playin' as physical as he used to in an attempt to stay healthy but he still wouldn't stand by and watch a linemate get abused like the rest of the guys in the top six would.
Why should the player who scores more goals,has more assists,wins more FO's and more puck battles get fewer opportunities than LESSER players? Because you just see him as scrappy? HE'S A LOT MORE THAN SCRAPPY MY FRIEND.
Shaw goes as hard or harder then any of the untalented bottom six guys he's out with and he has more talent than some of the guys slotted ahead of him but any physical player here is looked upon as unworthy to play with the few good players and it's terribly unfair.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be nice to bring Janmark back. Probably a year early for Reichel but maybe not. Hoping Strome is gone

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...my 2022 was correct about alot. Maybe want to re-sign Janmark instead? Tough to say with Wallmark battling the covids.

Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Reichel-Toews-Kurashev
Janmark-Strome-Suter
Barrett-Kampf-Hagel

How about that for a 4th line? Whats Carps contract? Will Seattle poach Kampf?

Keith-Mitchel
Zadorov-Murphy
Beudin-Kalynuk/Boqvist/Vlasic

Lahtenan
Nalimov

This is probably where I see things now. How about you guys?

This is before trades and acquistions. If we can move Seabrook we might surprise soon. This team is fairly deep again.
Did you trade DeBrincat?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hagel-Kubalik fit is interesting in that the speed and forecheck has some Saad elements and that was the fit before.
That means

Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome/Dach-Kane
Janmark-Dach/Strome-Kurashev/Suter
Reichel-Carp-Kampf-Kurashev/Suter and a lost fwd to Seattle or Janmark replacement no worries.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan must know 2022 is his last if he doesn't produce. He is going to go with a top ten pick super attack.

Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borgstrom-Kane
STROME-Dach-Nylander
Boqvist-Gaudette-Connolly
(all top ten 3rd and 4th line)

Zombie replacements

Reichel, Kampf, Kurashev, Hagel to insert speed anywhere in lineup on any night.

This shit is hilarious Stan! I think my jaw is stuck open. The fucker built his dream 3rd and 4th line!!! I love it. Even if you flip Dach and Borg, both former #4 picks that can carry the puck.

Your 2022 Blackhawks ladies and gents. Count em, that's 9 top 12 picks among the fwds if Boqvist makes the logical move for his abilities. The other 3 are your best scorers actually outside Kane.

Keith-Mitchell
Murphy-Kaluniov
Zadorov-Beudin

Vlasic

Lankenen
Rask

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stan must know 2022 is his last if he doesn't produce. He is going to go with a top ten pick super attack.

Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borgstrom-Kane
STROME-Dach-Nylander
Boqvist-Gaudette-Connolly
(all top ten 3rd and 4th line)

Zombie replacements

Reichel, Kampf, Kurashev, Hagel to insert speed anywhere in lineup on any night.

This shit is hilarious Stan! I think my jaw is stuck open. The fucker built his dream 3rd and 4th line!!! I love it. Even if you flip Dach and Borg, both former #4 picks that can carry the puck.

Your 2022 Blackhawks ladies and gents. Count em, that's 9 top 12 picks among the fwds if Boqvist makes the logical move for his abilities. The other 3 are your best scorers actually outside Kane.

Keith-Mitchell
Murphy-Kaluniov
Zadorov-Beudin

Vlasic

Lankenen
Rask
I assume you are counting Kane and Toews in those 9 top 12. Take those out and you have 7 of 10. How many of those 7 were Hawk picks? Not a dig, just asking. Trying to figure out some of the stuff you post is harder than trying to figure out why you post some of the stuff you post at times. Dach is 1. Boq 2.?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I assume you are counting Kane and Toews in those 9 top 12. Take those out and you have 7 of 10. How many of those 7 were Hawk picks? Not a dig, just asking. Trying to figure out some of the stuff you post is harder than trying to figure out why you post some of the stuff you post at times. Dach is 1. Boq 2.?
Huh?

Borg, Strome, Dach, Kane, Toews are all top 5 picks I believe.

Boqvist, Reichel, Connolly, Nylander also firsts.

Cat should have been, and may have been if Hawks had a selection. 2 Swiss MVPs makes 12.

FiFY(25 deep)

Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borg-Kane
Reichel-Dach-Nylander
Boqvist-Strome-Connolly

Speed ZOMBIES
Kurashev, Kampf, Hagel

(Obviously boqvist is defender, we lose one to kraken, and the other makes 13 in real life)

Keith-Mitchel
Murphy-Boqvist
Zadorov-Beudin

Kalinov, Vlasic

Lankenen
Rask

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Huh?

Borg, Strome, Dach, Kane, Toews are all top 5 picks I believe.

Boqvist, Reichel, Connolly, Nylander also firsts.

Cat should have been, and may have been if Hawks had a selection. 2 Swiss MVPs makes 12.

FiFY(25 deep)

Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borg-Kane
Reichel-Dach-Nylander
Boqvist-Strome-Connolly

Speed ZOMBIES
Kurashev, Kampf, Hagel

(Obviously boqvist is defender, we lose one to kraken, and the other makes 13 in real life)

Keith-Mitchel
Murphy-Boqvist
Zadorov-Beudin

Kalinov, Vlasic

Lankenen
Rask
I think I was just reading what you were trying to say wrong, especially because you were counting Reichel but not including him in the 12 deep. 9 Top 12 picks is nice, but I mean Strom, Borg, Nylander, Connolly, are all players that have found themselves there after not living up to the top 12 pick potential and being traded. Coming to a team coached by someone who his practically younger than them.