Adam Hoge: If not home to horses, Arlington Park should be home to Bears

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Can the city even come up with enough incentives? In reality nfl owners don’t pay for their toys they use the tax payers to get richer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just need a Billionaire with Chicago roots to buy the team after she passes and anything is possible. Mr. Walmart made it happen in LA. Need our Billionaire.

that family is just going to slowly milk the Bears.......They are not dynamic, forward thinkers.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Why does Chicago have the dumbest writers? Can't remember but decades ago wasn't there talk about the White Sox moving up there. Some days I had to work up in that area, isn't the traffic just crazy?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does Chicago have the dumbest writers? Can't remember but decades ago wasn't there talk about the White Sox moving up there. Some days I had to work up in that area, isn't the traffic just crazy?

Making more money and bringing the Bears into the 21st century doesn't seem dumb.

Reactions: 1ke
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you saying that the Bears aren't making money? Their only worth $3.5 billion. Modo do you live in a million dollar house, drive a Lexus, never worry about and fiance in life but you care about these 1%ers? Use to attend Bear games but can't afford it. Soldier Field was fixed up by the State not the Halas family. Shoot just going to the movies now cost an arm and a leg. Can't see how teenage boys can take a girl there any longer. But your worried about profits for a sports team. Plus would they even spend any more money for players? Plus I was calling Hoge dumb...which he is.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you saying that the Bears aren't making money? Their only worth $3.5 billion. Modo do you live in a million dollar house, drive a Lexus, never worry about and fiance in life but you care about these 1%ers? Use to attend Bear games but can't afford it. Soldier Field was fixed up by the State not the Halas family. Shoot just going to the movies now cost an arm and a leg. Can't see how teenage boys can take a girl there any longer. But your worried about profits for a sports team. Plus would they even spend any more money for players? Plus I was calling Hoge dumb...which he is.

I assume you were calling Hoge dumb for the article...not just a random thought.

The Bears fans deserve a better experience at Bears games...I'm not worried about the McCasky's finance

Have you seen the Vikings Stadium? Chicago deserves to be able to host a SuperBowl.

This isn't about the McCasky's. It is about Chicagoland in general.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I cant agree with this more....

Put up a crazy modern stadium for the ages and make it a year round venue for all kinds of things.

There is an opportunity. A big one.

Its what they should done when they decided to renovate Soldier Field

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awe man, fond memories of the Arlington Race Track. Dad lost me there when I was a child, I have remembrances. Not sure Mom allowed him back at the track until I was much much older. Also, the 4th of July, 1976 Bi-Centennial fireworks at the track were amazing.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’ll sell you mine if it happens

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Rams stadium was build with 100% private funds. Only way Chicago gets a state of the art 3-5 Billion stadium is with new owner and private funding.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My thoughts both positive and negative-

1) This would be perfect for me. MUCH easier to get to and around. The 1-2 Sundays when there is enough Christmas traffic to matter probably is somewhat mitigated by being on the other side of 90 and 290 and wouldn't compare to the traffic cluster near the stadium on game day or when anything else is also going on.
2) Arlington is far enough from the city that it would detract from the connection.
3) It would also be a pain for people who come to Chicago for the game because they would likely need to choose between a Chicago weekend and staying in the suburbs for the game
4) Traffic - I actually think this would be better than the cluster fuck near the stadium on roads that are designed to hold far fewer people.
5) Personally I see the possibility of a retractable roof as a big deal. I currently hate to attend games in the winter. The whole concept of Bear weather seems soooo fake tough to me.
6) A bigger stadium should drive down the ticket prices on the secondary market (though single game and season tickets will go up and PSL funding may be required)
7) Hosting whatever events would be neat I guess. Not personally a big deal to me.

#6.....LMFAO.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it’s true though. There have to be better locations than Arlington Heights. Adding an hour of travel time for many fans isn’t the way to go....in my opinion. There is land in Chicago

You are also reducing travel time for a lot of fans

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You are also reducing travel time for a lot of fans
Not really. Where SF sits now is fairly central for the suburbs. It's going to be great for those in Rolling Meadows, Wheeling, and Mt. Prospect. Not so much for those in Orland Park or Joliet.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Everyone wants something new and shiny and just forget about the past. Except for the urinal troughs at Comiskey Park, I enjoyed watching games there. To think that Babe Ruth and other greats played there. I know that everything about the new park is much better, the view (no post in the way) food etc, but it was the nostalgia of being there. Do you think Cub and Red Sox fans want a new stadium? I love the Greek columns of Soldier Field. Plus Arlington Park is closer to Wisconsin than the South Suburbs. I just recalled talk of the White Sox moving way out west at one time. Been so long I forgot where it was. But it was around where the outdoor concerts were held which is now closed. Popular something.
Soldier Field has trains, buses , cabs from downtown, pizza place where you can get a ride just across LSD, expressways up the butt to get there. Plus bars and restaurants all over the place. But this Hoge guy says up north is the best place to build. I respect your opinion on this matter, but in this age of cancel culture, even Abe isn't safe any longer, sometimes I like the pld better. Wouldn't you rather live in an old Brownstone?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Everyone wants something new and shiny and just forget about the past. Except for the urinal troughs at Comiskey Park, I enjoyed watching games there. To think that Babe Ruth and other greats played there. I know that everything about the new park is much better, the view (no post in the way) food etc, but it was the nostalgia of being there. Do you think Cub and Red Sox fans want a new stadium? I love the Greek columns of Soldier Field. Plus Arlington Park is closer to Wisconsin than the South Suburbs. I just recalled talk of the White Sox moving way out west at one time. Been so long I forgot where it was. But it was around where the outdoor concerts were held which is now closed. Popular something.
Soldier Field has trains, buses , cabs from downtown, pizza place where you can get a ride just across LSD, expressways up the butt to get there. Plus bars and restaurants all over the place. But this Hoge guy says up north is the best place to build. I respect your opinion on this matter, but in this age of cancel culture, even Abe isn't safe any longer, sometimes I like the pld better. Wouldn't you rather live in an old Brownstone?
WTF?!?!?!?!

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
#6.....LMFAO.
The worst seat in the house will cost less on the secondary market. That's all that's saying. Any level of affordability for low to moderate income individuals left a long time ago and would probably need a 200,000 (obviously unrealistic) seat stadium to return.