Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass catching threat with great hands. Proven legit red zone threat. He was not a good run blocker early in his career, but I’ve read that he’s improved that tremendously. Biggest asset is catch radius. He can adjust to and catch anything in his vicinity. Give the QB a greater margin for error.

v0jlqw.gif

2S0TMz.gif

01dkHt.gif

bY6jAj.gif

3Si3Af.gif

Signed a big contract after the 2017 season and then he just kinda disappeared. I’m not sure if OJ Howard just took all his snaps or he’s been playing injured or what happened to this dude. In the past 2 seasons, he’s had one game with 10 catches and then a total of 55 catches in the other 31 games combined.

EDIT: I completely forgot that Bruce Arians is the TB head coach. That pretty much answers it. Arians is a Mike Martz clone (7 step drops/blocking TE’s).

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Jahns cites league sources who doubt the Bears will be a team willing to spend big money on a pass-catching tight end. Instead, veterans like Baltimore's Hayden Hurst, Tampa Bay's Cameron Brate and Tennessee's Delanie Walker were listed as potential trade targets."

Sounds like Pace isn't going to draft a TE. This reinforces the idea he'll use one of our picks at WR.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I like this idea better than overpaying for Hooper.

Brate was underutilized the past 2 years as they gave more target share to O.J. Howard, but he was productive when given a chance.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Not sure the pick to give up, but Beats would do well with the Bears scheme. Living in Tampa and watching a lot of Bucs football, he was always impressive before the new coach and since you can just tell he was used differently/less.

He is devalued by Tampa due to fit, maybe a 6th?

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Two MAJOR differences between him and Burton:

1. Plays Tough - not Finesse (but still has athletic ability)
2. Reliable/Durable

Would be an upgrade with potential to flourish and grow into more.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"Jahns cites league sources who doubt the Bears will be a team willing to spend big money on a pass-catching tight end. Instead, veterans like Baltimore's Hayden Hurst, Tampa Bay's Cameron Brate and Tennessee's Delanie Walker were listed as potential trade targets."

Sounds like Pace isn't going to draft a TE. This reinforces the idea he'll use one of our picks at WR.

Sounds like the exact opposite to me. If you don't spend money on a TE, then you have to draft one if you want to improve the position. Those trade targets are pure speculation at this point.

I do think they will add another Y TE and trading for Brate was one of the things I had in mind. Again, you're talking about a Day 3 pick. 6Mil cap hit, no guaranteed money. You could even renegotiate and get a couple mil extra dollars if you trade for him.

But all signs are pointing to them drafting an heir apparent to Burton, and probably early. Came out and said Glennon was the man, drafted Trubisky. Came out and said Mike Davis was the guy, drafted Montgomery w/ their first pick. Said they are good with Burton as TE1, they're probably going TE in the 2nd.

A TE group of Cameron Brate, Trey Burton, Demetrius Harris, and Brycen Hopkins would look pretty nice. Going w/ Hopkins as he's the top U TE, IMO.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears shouldn't be trading ANY picks for anyone right now.
Not sure I follow the logic. Pace knows he is going to grab a TE in the draft. Now it is a bit of a crap shoot, aka Shaheen. Instead he opts to trade the pick for an established professional. Now unless you're saying, we need the salary cap...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Two MAJOR differences between him and Burton:

1. Plays Tough - not Finesse (but still has athletic ability)
2. Reliable/Durable

Would be an upgrade with potential to flourish and grow into more.
The other major difference - One has a penis, the other has a vagina

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pass catching threat with great hands. Proven legit red zone threat. He was not a good run blocker early in his career, but I’ve read that he’s improved that tremendously. Biggest asset is catch radius. He can adjust to and catch anything in his vicinity. Give the QB a greater margin for error.

v0jlqw.gif

2S0TMz.gif

01dkHt.gif

bY6jAj.gif

3Si3Af.gif

Signed a big contract after the 2017 season and then he just kinda disappeared. I’m not sure if OJ Howard just took all his snaps or he’s been playing injured or what happened to this dude. In the past 2 seasons, he’s had one game with 10 catches and then a total of 55 catches in the other 31 games combined.

EDIT: I completely forgot that Bruce Arians is the TB head coach. That pretty much answers it. Arians is a Mike Martz clone (7 step drops/blocking TE’s).

Glad to see you back.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears shouldn't be trading ANY picks for anyone right now.

This is lunacy.
A known commodity is worth more than a draft pick. The Bears should be cautious in trading picks for a player but if the right situation arises, they should make the trade.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure I follow the logic. Pace knows he is going to grab a TE in the draft. Now it is a bit of a crap shoot, aka Shaheen. Instead he opts to trade the pick for an established professional. Now unless you're saying, we need the salary cap...

This. All things have to be taken into consideration. What I don't want to see is more Pace trading up in the draft to get "his" guy

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

v0jlqw.gif

2S0TMz.gif

01dkHt.gif

bY6jAj.gif

3Si3Af.gif

It's odd that Arians wants Bridgewater, as Arians loves to throw deep and Teddy is a check down QB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

v0jlqw.gif

2S0TMz.gif

01dkHt.gif

bY6jAj.gif

3Si3Af.gif

I see one major flaw in his game that will kill his chances in Chicago: he gets very little separation which means that Trubisky will never throw him the ball.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pace is on the hot seat. A TE in the draft will not help the team as much as getting someone with experience.

Brats is still young enough and would cost 6m against the cap.

I’d be interested to see what his value in trade is. Probably will be a cap casualty in TB.

Maybe a 5th rounder.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Pace is on the hot seat. A TE in the draft will not help the team as much as getting someone with experience.

Brats is still young enough and would cost 6m against the cap.

I’d be interested to see what his value in trade is. Probably will be a cap casualty in TB.

Maybe a 5th rounder.

I doubt it's even a 5th.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Been mentioning him for awhile, this would be an ideal pickup.