Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He literally picked the Lions over the Bears... that says a lot.
I heard he responded to the kneecap eating speech and hates club music, so not totally unexpected.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Duce is in a tough spot. He's regarded as a great 'leader of men' type coach, but not an X's and O's type guy.

That makes it hard to hire him for a coordinator position. You either hire him as the HC or same thing he's doing (RB/assistant HC).

I know many of the players love Duce and wanted him to get HC looks. The issue I think that came up was he doesn't have a plan to build a diverse coaching tree beneath him. He's a great rah-rah guy, but after that he's not planned how things will look in 3-5 years. Totally understandable for someone who's never been a HC, but that's a skill he'll have to develop in time.

I will add, I'm not sure where he fits with Dan Campbell. They are both rah-rah guys, so eventually you'll need some substance people to fill those gaps.
Hey, correct me if I am wrong, the know nothing substance-less rah rah guy has panned out well in Chicago. I mean 2 playoff berths in 3 years and zero losing records. I think the Bears missed the boat with the DC hire, Tony Little or the Sham Wow guy would have fit well with the Bears staff.

1611599480551.png1611599662857.png

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Here's another look at Sham wow guy, the hooker he beat up and his face after the altercation:

attachment.php

If the McCaskey family doesn't want that PR battle Tony Little already has a thing for Bears, so you are 1/ 2 way there:

images

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here's another look at Sham wow guy, the hooker he beat up and his face after the altercation:

attachment.php

If the McCaskey family doesn't want that PR battle Tony Little already has a thing for Bears, so you are 1/ 2 way there:

images
Well,beating a hooker is definitely a strike in the "Con" column. He could at least have offered her a Sham Wow to mop that blood out of her hair.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He literally picked the Lions over the Bears... that says a lot.
The way I'm reading that situation is the Lions are in full rebuild, so he and Dan Campbell should get 2-4 years to build something. With the Bears if things go south it could be new GM/coach next year, so there's a lot more unknown.

Also with the Eagles hiring their HC, DC, OC and passing game coordinator in a short time I'm wondering if Duce was left without a job? He's been an interesting holdover in that he was hired by Andy Reid, but stuck around through Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson. It's very rare for a position coach to stick that long AND not get picked off by another team.

Anyway, I wish Duce all the best. From all I know he's a stand up guy and I hope he gets the right opportunity.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Duce is in a tough spot. He's regarded as a great 'leader of men' type coach, but not an X's and O's type guy.

That makes it hard to hire him for a coordinator position. You either hire him as the HC or same thing he's doing (RB/assistant HC).

I know many of the players love Duce and wanted him to get HC looks. The issue I think that came up was he doesn't have a plan to build a diverse coaching tree beneath him. He's a great rah-rah guy, but after that he's not planned how things will look in 3-5 years. Totally understandable for someone who's never been a HC, but that's a skill he'll have to develop in time.

I will add, I'm not sure where he fits with Dan Campbell. They are both rah-rah guys, so eventually you'll need some substance people to fill those gaps.

Spielman
Campbell
Staley

The Detroit Meatheads

This should be a fun train wreck to watch.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one wants to join this bush league bullshit coaching staff working for Bald Julius.

Bears promote Tony Medlin to RB coach is the next one lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears making big moves on the coaching front. Plucking them from the Trestman tree of the CFL.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
well...when your lame duck status, you have to pluck guys who are either unemployed or in a shittier job

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Working for the Bears now is like banging the last girl left in the bowling alley bar at closing time.

Bort

Liked Posts:
There's no such thing as a 'dead end job' in the NFL (I suppose a possible exception is offensive coordinator for KC, if your name is Eric Bieniemy). These guys move all the time, all over and have connections from many years back. Every season there are 6 or seven major coaching changes with staffs being remade. You get fired because you suck - no problem. What's the worst that can happen? You end up at a college (Alabama?!) like Mel Tucker or Bill O'Brien. How long was Marc Trestman out of work after the Bears canned him - 3 weeks?

Remember Gary Crowton?

That guy washed out of the NFL, then washed out of the NCAA, and he's coaching for a high school now (as an OC, not even a high school head coach).