Adam schein predicts a Bears win, double digit wins, and the playoffs

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My first thought when I saw this thread: I have never seen anyone misspell "Shaheen" so badly. :D

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I buy it.

I wouldn't have bought it when they were 3-3, even with the Jets, Bills and Lions coming up. I fully expected them to drop at least one, because even good teams frequently under-perform over the course of multiple games.

But now, a 6-3, and seeing what we see out of the NFC, I think the stats guys are saying the Bears have a 71 percent chance of making the playoffs.

The biggest thing is that the Bears have set themselves up for so many potential roads to 10 wins:

--Win the next two games (they'll be favored in both), going to 8-3, so you only have to win 2 of your last 5 games against the likes of the Giants, 49ers, Packers, Vikings, Rams.

--Lose the next two games, but beat the Packers at home, and the Giants and 49ers. Then pick one off against the Vikings or Rams.

--Split the next two games, but beat the Packers, Giants and 49ers. (this seems most likely to me)

--Heck, you could even drop the 49ers or Giants game if you somehow figured out a way to either sweep the Vikings or beat the Rams (seems unlikely, but still...)

Point being, the Bears have a better path than most to the playoffs because they've largely taken care of business against lesser teams. But they're still going to need to flash and show they belong with at least one win against a good team. I think they will.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I buy it.

I wouldn't have bought it when they were 3-3, even with the Jets, Bills and Lions coming up. I fully expected them to drop at least one, because even good teams frequently under-perform over the course of multiple games.

But now, a 6-3, and seeing what we see out of the NFC, I think the stats guys are saying the Bears have a 71 percent chance of making the playoffs.

The biggest thing is that the Bears have set themselves up for so many potential roads to 10 wins:

--Win the next two games (they'll be favored in both), going to 8-3, so you only have to win 2 of your last 5 games against the likes of the Giants, 49ers, Packers, Vikings, Rams.

--Lose the next two games, but beat the Packers at home, and the Giants and 49ers. Then pick one off against the Vikings or Rams.

--Split the next two games, but beat the Packers, Giants and 49ers. (this seems most likely to me)

--Heck, you could even drop the 49ers or Giants game if you somehow figured out a way to either sweep the Vikings or beat the Rams (seems unlikely, but still...)

Point being, the Bears have a better path than most to the playoffs because they've largely taken care of business against lesser teams. But they're still going to need to flash and show they belong with at least one win against a good team. I think they will.

The Dolphins and Packers losses hurt so much right now. Win just one of those games, and they'd nearly be a lock for at minimum, a wildcard right now.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He’s a smart motherfucker!

Actually he's not.

In fact if Schein said it, it's probably not going to happen now.

Dude has made awful predictions for YEARS.

I'll never forget absolutely OWNING him live on the air one time on the Sirius show...it was back in 2010, we had just beat the Viqueens in what happened to be Favres last ever game at Soldier. He was acting all shocked and shit and I said "Brad Childress (BTK...the resemblance is uncanny) is the problem and he'll be fired before seasons end for Leslie Frazier." He totally buried me saying Childress isn't going anywhere and Frazier wouldn't be the coach if he was.

2 weeks later everything happened EXACTLY as I told him.

He's a yutz who's knows football about as well as a possum knows quantum physics.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually he's not.

I'll never forget absolutely OWNING him live on the air one time on the Sirius show...it was back in 2010, we had just beat the Viqueens in what happened to be Favres last ever game at Soldier. He was acting all shocked and shit and I said "Brad Childress (BTK...the resemblance is uncanny) is the problem and he'll be fired before seasons end for Leslie Frazier." He totally buried me saying Childress isn't going anywhere and Frazier wouldn't be the coach if he was.

He's a yutz who's knows football about as well as a possum knows quantum physics.
Link to podcast?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Actually he's not.

You should start a podcast.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Schein has always been on the Bears wagon. Take him with a grain of salt when he predicts high and mighty things. Isn't exactly objective with them.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Dolphins and Packers losses hurt so much right now. Win just one of those games, and they'd nearly be a lock for at minimum, a wildcard right now.

Very true—those hurt a lot. Hopefully it won’t matter in the end, but if the Bears finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs by one game, I’d feel pretty terrible about those two games.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I predict the Bears will split with MN, beat DET-GB-NYG-SF and lose to LA. Regular season record 11-5

That said, they are improving each game and are on a roll. If they can keep the trend going it isn't ridiculous to think they could beat LA at home in Dec and finish strong with a win at MN. That would put them at 13-3 and peaking at the right time to make a serious run in the playoffs.