Adams at #3, Watson at #36

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
unlikely but he might drop to the 20's at which time the Bears do have ammo to move back up and get him if they want him.

And I would be cool with that, but I'd be pissed at passing on him earlier until he was actually drafted by the Bears.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I dont see this happening...someone would take Watson. If anything, maybe Pace trades back into the 1st round for Watson

This is actually my biggest gripe with the new setup. If a guy like Watson falls out of the first, every team has time to contact Cleveland about a trade, whereas a few years ago, there wasn't much time. A trade back into the first will almost certainly be necessary.

If Watson was to fall, and we get him with our second pick (plus) instead of #3, that would be ideal.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well if teams know that Pace wants Watson he will not be a Bear. Someone will pick him in the top 20 out of panic.

A team that was going to pass on him, will take him because they see the Bears taking him in the 20's?

So this team had thought he'd be aroundfor their second, and learned others might be interested?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if you want Watson, but not at 3, you have to trade up into the top 20. Depending on cost I'd be in favor of doing such.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you imagine how many teams are hoping for the same scenario? I bet there's about six. Going to be some drama tomorrow night.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
You do realize all this draft talk is nothing but a high stakes poker game, right?

Of course.... and thats why all things are on the table... regardless of how probable or inprobable. Every draft has it's share of surprises and drama.... all you can do is hope that a few surprises turn out good for your team.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Would be ok, but I'd much rather have

[3] Watson
[36] Melifonwu/Maye/Jones

Of course, but it looks like it's not happening. Still hoping, especially if we manage to trade down.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Of course.... and thats why all things are on the table... regardless of how probable or inprobable. Every draft has it's share of surprises and drama.... all you can do is hope that a few surprises turn out good for your team.

It's going to be pretty exciting compared to previous years I think.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
well duh. top 3 pick. duh

But not only that... this year even the #1 pick is still a mystery. It 'should' be Garrett.... but will it? And after that... it just gets murkier. Haven't been so many potential top 10 players in years.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
You want to trade up into the high 20's, be prepared to give up next years 2 and probably more. Don't like it.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is more likely to drop to #36 but even that is a stretch. Adams and Mahomes would be good with me. We've ignored spending high picks on these 2 positions for YEARS and look where it's gotten us.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adams
+
Kizer

...would be great! More realistic

Teams have historically reached for FAR lesser QB prospects than Watson.

While his measurables aren't world-beating, there will very likely be a team if not several who will clamor simply for his leadership and winning makeup.

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd, and perhaps that's where he actually grades out, maybe lower? Surely a few owners will want him, and some GMs will too or at least cater to the owner to keep their jobs. Not all front offices have self-control or even have their heads on straight.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if he was guaranteed to reach 36, they'd still be better off trading back into the first due to the fifth-year option.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Vegas over-under on Watson is #12, so it doesn't seem likely he'll be there late in the first.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yeah ok keep smoking that medical marijuana

I still wouldn't take Adams. I would take Allen or Thomas if this pipe dream was anywhere close to a reality

So you think Demps is the answer to our secondary? Allen is a very good prospect but he is a down lineman, and Thomas is a good pass rusher (good value at 3), well hell I might have just talked myself out of the argument...Carry on.

But seriously, Adams seems like the safest pick, at a huge area of need. I would not be upset with any of the three, even though I want Fournette.

MeanMikeBrown

Liked Posts:
This is actually my biggest gripe with the new setup. If a guy like Watson falls out of the first, every team has time to contact Cleveland about a trade, whereas a few years ago, there wasn't much time. A trade back into the first will almost certainly be necessary.

If Watson was to fall, and we get him with our second pick (plus) instead of #3, that would be ideal.

Interesting point... I hadn't considered this, but you're 100% right. Goodell has messed up everything, including the draft. I remember back in the days when the draft was a nerd thing that only us nerds got into. The TV coverage was great, Mel Kiper talking about every single pick and showing highlights rather than fluff side stories by Suzy Kolber...

MeanMikeBrown

Liked Posts:
So you think Demps is the answer to our secondary? Allen is a very good prospect but he is a down lineman, and Thomas is a good pass rusher (good value at 3), well hell I might have just talked myself out of the argument...Carry on.

But seriously, Adams seems like the safest pick, at a huge area of need. I would not be upset with any of the three, even though I want Fournette.

After watching some tape on Adams, he reminds me of the Bear's Chris Harris. I wouldn't draft Chris Harris #3 overall. Hooker is allergic to contact.