Adams at #3, Watson at #36

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
As per http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

"No team we've spoken to has Deshaun Watson as a first-round prospect. One high-ranking personnel man in the NFC told me he has Watson as a third-round prospect. ....
....This is what I think will happen here. The Bears could move into the back end of the opening round to select Watson. He'll almost certainly be there, and I expect Chicago to do it because general manager Ryan Pace has taken a strong liking to him."

If something like this happened, would Pace be considered a hero?

Liked Posts:
I dont see this happening...someone would take Watson. If anything, maybe Pace trades back into the 1st round for Watson

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah ok keep smoking that medical marijuana

I still wouldn't take Adams. I would take Allen or Thomas if this pipe dream was anywhere close to a reality

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Well if teams know that Pace wants Watson he will not be a Bear. Someone will pick him in the top 20 out of panic.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yes. 0.001% chance of happening of course but would be my dream start. Hell we could take five kickers after that and it would still be a win.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be some pinpoint accurate drafting and I'd be thrilled, even more thrilled with Fournette @3 or a trade down, buy yeah, happy happy happy.

Ping-pong-ball-flying-at-high-speed-breaks-the-end-of-a-cucumber.gif

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They just said on NFLN that there is a 1% chance of Watson lasting until 12.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Yeah ok keep smoking that medical marijuana

I still wouldn't take Adams. I would take Allen or Thomas if this pipe dream was anywhere close to a reality
Dont like Allen or Thomas.... Adams or Hooker are the way to go .. IMO. But It is very possible, I really don't believe teams have these guys rated as high as media or fans do. Been paying attention to draft trends for years and QBs in reportedly sub par drafts slide like greased pigs on a hot sunny day. The Bears may have to move back into the tail end of the 1st to be sure they get him... if he is thier target. But there is a good chance of him not going top 20.. as well as a good chance he he may at best be the third QB drafted.

Alternatively.. I strongly believe Kizer will be there regardless and would make a good consolation prize...IMO.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can't see him reaching 36.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
#BlackBradyQuinn

brady-quinn-draft-o.gif

Reactions: DC

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Dont like Allen or Thomas.... Adams or Hooker are the way to go .. IMO. But It is very possible, I really don't believe teams have these guys rated as high as media or fans do. Been paying attention to draft trends for years and QBs in reportedly sub par drafts slide like greased pigs on a hot sunny day. The Bears may have to move back into the tail end of the 1st to be sure they get him... if he is thier target. But there is a good chance of him not going top 20.. as well as a good chance he he may at best be the third QB drafted.

Alternatively.. I strongly believe Kizer will be there regardless and would make a good consolation prize...IMO.

[3] Adams
[36] Kizer

I'd be OK with that.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Yep, I'm sure teams are 100% honest with Walter.... :facepalm:
Don't knock 'em.... the mock drafts at his site have been pretty darn accurate year after year. For instance.. they properly guessed most of the first round including to who and the order the QBs were going.. and even more notable... while every one thought Floyd was a reach... they predicted him going #9... only difference was Bears moving up to #9 to take him.

Not saying this site has the inside stuff persay.... but they do be pretty much on point with a lot of predictions.

They just said on NFLN that there is a 1% chance of Watson lasting until 12.

Of course everyone has thier opinions and thier 'sources' blah blah blah.... nothing is fact until the picks are in. I just like this twist the most... esp since I've never bought into the notion that any of this years QBs were wroth top picks.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As per http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

"No team we've spoken to has Deshaun Watson as a first-round prospect. One high-ranking personnel man in the NFC told me he has Watson as a third-round prospect. ....
....This is what I think will happen here. The Bears could move into the back end of the opening round to select Watson. He'll almost certainly be there, and I expect Chicago to do it because general manager Ryan Pace has taken a strong liking to him."

If something like this happened, would Pace be considered a hero?

Smoke if you gottem