Adrian Wojnarowski Slams Bulls Organization

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Woj is considered by many as the most respected & most trustworthy sports writer out here, so here are his present views on the Bulls.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmel...he-should-never-leave-new-york-054123184.html

"Chicago is much more in play for him than L.A.," the source said.

The Bulls traded Luol Deng for draft picks and are leaning strongly toward using the amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer. They could create a maximum contract slot for Anthony, pairing him with Derrick Rose. For Anthony, it is leaving a cap-strapped team through 2015 for a Chicago proposition with significant risks of its own. No one can be sure of Rose's return to his MVP greatness, but everyone can be sure of one thing: The franchise's mandate isn't winning championships, but sidestepping luxury and repeater taxes to turn the fattest possible profits for the owner.

As the Bulls have let talented player upon talented player leave because of money – Omer Asik and Kyle Korver and Deng – they've shown themselves to be a big market franchise with small-market sensibilities.

There's something else, too: Between the 22 combined championships in Chicago and Los Angeles, there's no adulation for a star who fails to deliver a title. The Knicks have gone 40 years without a parade – and could go another 40 without one – and still Anthony would forever be treated with a level of reverence in New York. There are no beloved ex-Hall of Famers like Patrick Ewing and Bernard King in L.A. and Chicago – just players who won championships, and just those long ago forgotten.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Woj is considered by many as the most respected & most trustworthy sports writer out here, so here are his present views on the Bulls.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmel...he-should-never-leave-new-york-054123184.html

I can understand and appreciate what Woj is saying, but no owner in their right minds would subject themselves to the harsh penalties of the luxury tax, especially for repeat offenders, if they don't feel like the roster can challenge for, at worst, a conference championship. Thibs can spin it any way he wants, and I truly appreciate his passion and candor -- but let's be real, guys. Even with Rose, this team had a conference finals as it's ceiling. And that's if the Pacers or Heat suffered some kind of major setback.

I'd really like Thibs to have a chance to coach a competent roster that wasn't ravaged by injuries, but when you're franchise saving grace is a score-first point guard with two major knee surgeries, that's wishful thinking. My only hope is that the team continues to make savvy moves to further themselves below the luxury tax and eventually the salary cap. Not only do the fans deserve it, but guys like Noah, Butler, (and Gibson and Boozer if they aren't traded) deserve it, as well.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
The Knicks have gone 40 years without a parade – and could go another 40 without one – and still Anthony would forever be treated with a level of reverence in New York. There are no beloved ex-Hall of Famers like Patrick Ewing and Bernard King in L.A. and Chicago – just players who won championships

Pippen and Rodman aren't beloved HOF'ers? Jordan Pippen and Rodman are the only bulls HOF'ers that have a chip, and they're pretty "beloved" here. What about Gilmore and Gervin? I agree with him on the Bulls being cheap assholes, but i don't agree with him about how the city treats its players.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I can understand and appreciate what Woj is saying, but no owner in their right minds would subject themselves to the harsh penalties of the luxury tax, especially for repeat offenders, if they don't feel like the roster can challenge for, at worst, a conference championship.
I agree.

Pippen and Rodman aren't beloved HOF'ers? Jordan Pippen and Rodman are the only bulls HOF'ers that have a chip, and they're pretty "beloved" here. What about Gilmore and Gervin? I agree with him on the Bulls being cheap assholes, but i don't agree with him about how the city treats its players.
The city of Chicago still loves those players, but I think Woj was more-so speaking about the organization's lack of love shown for those players.

Pippen wasn't hired as an ambassador until after D-Wade made negative comments about our FO not taking care of former players. The most damning example is the fact that Michael Jordan is not involved with the Bulls.

Fair or not, this is the league-wide perception of our franchise.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Reinsdorf said he would pay the tax if he thought he had a contender. He thought he was going to have one this year. He also paid the tax last year... so the way I see it, he's lived up to his word, the team didn't work out, so why pay the tax for a team thats never going to contend for a variety of reasons, most being health.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree.

The city of Chicago still loves those players, but I think Woj was more-so speaking about the organization's lack of love shown for those players.

Pippen wasn't hired as an ambassador until after D-Wade made negative comments about our FO not taking care of former players. The most damning example is the fact that Michael Jordan is not involved with the Bulls.

I'm actually EXTREMELY happy he isn't.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I'm actually EXTREMELY happy he isn't.
I don't see how it would have hurt JR & the other investors if they would have allowed MJ to purchase a piece of the team. A part of me understands it from a business viewpoint, though.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Bulls wanted MJ to stick around in some capacity, but MJ wanted more than that. Plus he's still pissed at Jerry about allowing the team to break up the way it did.

MJ has yet to demonstrate any acumen when it comes to owning or operating an NBA franchise, so no big loss. In the end, money talks. If you want FAs, spend the money.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wade had nothing to do with Pippen getting a role with the Bulls. Pippen going broke had everything to do with him getting a role with the Bulls. Wade's comments were completely wrong and he even admitted to it, after the large group of ex-Bulls attacked him for being wrong. But hey, he never played for the Bulls, so of course he's an expert. Funny, I don't remember a single ex-Bull coming out and agreeing with Wade. I don't even think Horace Grant ran to his rescue.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Bulls wanted MJ to stick around in some capacity, but MJ wanted more than that.
MJ felt that he deserved to be a part-owner.

Plus he's still pissed at Jerry about allowing the team to break up the way it did.
So is Phil Jackson.

MJ has yet to demonstrate any acumen when it comes to owning or operating an NBA franchise, so no big loss.
JR would have been there to teach him.

Anytime, the GOAT is not a part of your franchise, it's a big loss.

In the end, money talks. If you want FAs, spend the money.
I guess you're too young to remember our FO begging Tracy McGrady & Tim Duncan to take a shit-load of money from us. Because of our bad reputation, they turned us down.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Wade had nothing to do with Pippen getting a role with the Bulls. Pippen going broke had everything to do with him getting a role with the Bulls.
Was Pippen hired for the ambassador position before or after Wade's comments?

Wade's comments were completely wrong and he even admitted to it
The damage was already done. his mission was accomplished.

after the large group of ex-Bulls attacked him for being wrong.
Which players?

But hey, he never played for the Bulls, so of course he's an expert. Funny, I don't remember a single ex-Bull coming out and agreeing with Wade. I don't even think Horace Grant ran to his rescue.
Whatever man. If you want to believe the Bulls are viewed highly around the league, go right ahead.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It was a Krause or Pippen situation, and the Bulls picked Krause. That was all of the drama, and the team united around Pippen. That's why 98 was the end.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Was Pippen hired for the ambassador position before or after Wade's comments?
He was hired in many positions with the front office BEFORE the Wade comments, and in positions AFTER the comments. If you want to base a conclusion on one role, then by all means. I guess since I drink tea now, instead of coffee, I'll attribute that to Wade's comments too, because my switch happened afterwards.

The damage was already done. his mission was accomplished.
To Wade's rep. Yes.

Which players?
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-b...ormer-bulls-leap-to-the-defense-of-franchise/

That's not all. Jordan and Pippen also, but those search queries on google come up with a lot, and I don't have time to sift.

Whatever man. If you want to believe the Bulls are viewed highly around the league, go right ahead.
My point was that Wade's comments were wrong. How the Bulls are viewed is subjective and of course4 they have problems. But guess what? I can put every single thing on earth under the microscope and find a lot of issues.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Agreed. They are just as bad as the Cubs. We had a championship window and they let it go by because of the luxury tax while teams like Brooklyn, who want to win have no regard for said tax. Now that strategy isn't working for them but that's not the point.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
He was hired in many positions with the front office BEFORE the Wade comments, and in positions AFTER the comments. If you want to base a conclusion on one role, then by all means. I guess since I drink tea now, instead of coffee, I'll attribute that to Wade's comments too, because my switch happened afterwards.
In the link below, you will see that his first "official" position was the ambassador position:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/pippen_ambassador_100715.html

To Wade's rep. Yes.
In NBA locker rooms, Wade's reputation is viewed in a better light than the Bulls organization.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-b...ormer-bulls-leap-to-the-defense-of-franchise/

That's not all. Jordan and Pippen also, but those search queries on google come up with a lot, and I don't have time to sift.
The most important name from that link was Phil Jackson & it's not like he attacked Wade in his quote. As Phil stated in your link, he felt that Wade's comments were more about MJ & Scottie. Here's his quote below:

"(Wade) made a statement about the Bulls not being loyal," Jackson told NBA Fanhouse. "However, he forgot there are about six or seven people there still with the Bulls like Bill Wennington and Stacey King and John Paxson and on and on, Pete Myers and so forth and so on. But I guess he was looking at Pippen and Jordan. I guess that was just the front of the Bulls."

I don't remember MJ giving a ringing endorsement of the Bulls & Pip needed a job at the time.

My point was that Wade's comments were wrong. How the Bulls are viewed is subjective and of course4 they have problems. But guess what? I can put every single thing on earth under the microscope and find a lot of issues.
I was pissed at Wade for making those comments at the time. I felt that it was done to keep free agents away from the Bulls & steered towards the heat during the summer of 2010.

That being said, our FO/ownership has a horrible reputation around the league. As a Bulls fan, that should trouble all of us.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sorry Biggie. I think I would just be repeating the same things I already said. Same things apply.

Pippen returned to the Bulls as a player, and as an analyst. I don't know what makes one thing more official in this argument, but I don't see how it's even debatable. Pippen was brought back, given jobs by the organization BEFORE Wade's comments. Jordan called Wade, told him he was wrong. Thats the two PJax talked about, and they both said Wade was wrong.

But yeah, Wade is well respected around the NBA. :rolleyes: Between his choices off the court that put him in the spotlight, his poorly made comments(like this one), and a good portion of the league and fans thinking(another debate) that he uses/used HGH, oh man, Wade is swimming in respect. Sorry, no the Bulls are FAR more respected as an organization than Wade. Not that it would matter, because the fact of the matter is, and my whole point, is Wade was 100% wrong on the comments of loyalty. He was proven wrong, he admitted that he was wrong. If you want to debate it, go ahead.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade had nothing to do with Pippen getting a role with the Bulls. Pippen going broke had everything to do with him getting a role with the Bulls. Wade's comments were completely wrong and he even admitted to it, after the large group of ex-Bulls attacked him for being wrong. But hey, he never played for the Bulls, so of course he's an expert. Funny, I don't remember a single ex-Bull coming out and agreeing with Wade. I don't even think Horace Grant ran to his rescue.

Right now Wade is my least liked player in the NBA and has been for some time. I think he is a punk and one of the dirtier players in the NBA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree.

I think that when Jordan and Jackson left after their rift with Krause, Pippin kind of got sucked into things and the feud caused him to be sort of an outcast for awhile. I also do not think that the Bulls are or have been a cheap organization. Jackson and Jordan bad mouthed them continually and the result was a derth of free agents. More than anything I blame Jordan and Jackson for the years after the championship run.

A lot has been made of the feud between Thibs and the FO but that isn't a rare thing in an organization. I like where this team is positioning itself and I think that the turnaround to a championship run will occur this coming off season. To me their future looks bright.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yet hueheffna thinks im talking nonsense and am only mad at the organization because they let Ben Gordon walk

i believe Jerry when he says he'll pay for the tax for a contender...but the majority of players and fans look at the Bulls as cheap

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Sorry Biggie. I think I would just be repeating the same things I already said. Same things apply.
Yet, what you've said is not 100% accurate.

Pippen returned to the Bulls as a player, and as an analyst. I don't know what makes one thing more official in this argument, but I don't see how it's even debatable. Pippen was brought back, given jobs by the organization BEFORE Wade's comments.
Pip made cameo appearances for the Bulls. He was not hired at an official position until after Wade's comments. You have yet to disprove that.

Jordan called Wade, told him he was wrong.
Is this what Jordan told the media?

Thats the two PJax talked about, and they both said Wade was wrong.
Like I said earlier, I don't remember MJ defending the Bulls organization against Wade. Regarding Pip, you even admitted earlier that he was broke, so I would think he'd be quick to defend JR. He needed a job.

But yeah, Wade is well respected around the NBA. :rolleyes: Between his choices off the court that put him in the spotlight, his poorly made comments(like this one), and a good portion of the league and fans thinking(another debate) that he uses/used HGH, oh man, Wade is swimming in respect. Sorry, no the Bulls are FAR more respected as an organization than Wade.
Wade is playing alongside superstars, while winning multiple championships.

What has the Bulls organization done since the Dynasty?

Not that it would matter, because the fact of the matter is, and my whole point, is Wade was 100% wrong on the comments of loyalty. He was proven wrong, he admitted that he was wrong. If you want to debate it, go ahead.
His mission was accomplished.

Woj just wrote this article less than 24 hours ago and it's confirming what D-Wade stated years ago.