Advice For A Sprained Ankle

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I was playing basketball last night,went in for a layup after getting past everyone and when I was near the rim I was going to throw it right and kick it to my friend who was at the 3 point line instead of laying it in and then my ankle just twisted so crazy. Once I finally could,I walked it off and then sat down only seeing moments later that it looked like there was a tumor on my ankle. So now I can barely walk on it walking slower than an old man and can barely rotate it and such and I was wondering if anyone had any advice if this has happened to them. The doctor said it wasnt broken and gave me an air splint to wear. I was wondering also how long it might be able to take for it to heal.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rice ftw.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:

wrap it in a hustler mag. yea

lots of ice, try to stay off it.

once you get to the point where it looks healed but still tight, start doing toe lifts to loosen it up and strengthen the ankle. did you "roll" the ankle or actually twist it?

Alfonso Soriano

Liked Posts:
My sprained ankle turned into torn ligaments because my doctor cleared me before it was healed. Don't rush back even if you doctor says your fine.

My air splint blew. So uncomfortable.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
grow a pair

lol jk but rice helps...dont try to rush back quickly..make sure you're comfortable before doing activity that would stress that area

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put a heating pad on it. It'll help the swelling go down.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright thanks for all of the advice guys!!!Yeah I've been using RICE the past couple of days like you suggested. Just got a call back from the docs as well and it isn't fractured either so I'm good on that as well.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Alright thanks for all of the advice guys!!!Yeah I've been using RICE the past couple of days like you suggested. Just got a call back from the docs as well and it isn't fractured either so I'm good on that as well.

doc probably didnt give you shit either in terms of painkillers. what did he give you? some of that norco bullshit

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
doc probably didnt give you shit either in terms of painkillers. what did he give you? some of that norco bullshit

He gave me nabumentone. Basically a stronger aspirin to reduce the swelling and pain.

Last edited:

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
might wanna consider investing in some ankle braces once you get back on the court

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sprained ankles suck bro...GOTTA stay off it for a while.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sprained ankles suck bro...GOTTA stay off it for a while.

Yeah man I know. I've been trying to walk a little bit just to get a little bit of motion but not much. I'm just hoping I can walk a little bit better by Friday since I had plans. Thank God it isn't my driving foot because I'm going to test drive this car tomorrow I might be getting if I like it.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
might wanna consider investing in some ankle braces once you get back on the court

Yeah I had one that I haven't used in awhile because I didn't need it really anymore and it looks like it has a use again lol.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've got a cousin that I play ball w/ relatively regularly...his ankles are shot to hell...he's a tall-ish (6'3?) lanky guy, and he's sprained both his ankles multiple times...He wears braces every time we play, and there's still almost always once a night of ball that we have to stop so he can hobble to the bench and stretch it out.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
since everyone already told what I would have said...

I suggest you BREAK the other ankle so the other one that is sprained feels like heaven.

It wouldn't hurt to try.... actually it would, but still....

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
since everyone already told what I would have said...

I suggest you BREAK the other ankle so the other one that is sprained feels like heaven.

It wouldn't hurt to try.... actually it would, but still....

I've actually heard that a broken ankle doesn't hurt as bad nor takes as long to rehab as a severely sprained ankle. :shrug: