Aesopian Mock Off Season

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Personnel

Bears hire Ed Dodds as GM [Assistant GM/VP of Player Personnel Colts]

“It may sound arrogant … but I knew I could work harder than a lot of people. You see laziness every day. But if you just get up and do your job, good things are going to happen. It might take longer than you want sometimes, but it will happen,” - Ed Dodds

Bears have requested to interview him and is a hot commodity in the GM candidate search. Dodds works with Chris Ballard as the assistant GM/VP of Player Personnel who should of been the hire for the Chicago Bears over Ryan Pace, he's one of the most respected talent evaluator in the NFL.

vkawcndzy9r4rh5nufzo

Bears hire Brian Flores as Head Coach

Flores overachieved in Miami and was not fired for coaching reason as he did a great job turning that franchise around but due to issues with the GM and the QB position he was let go. It's rumored he wanted Herbert over Tua in the draft. The Dolphins deployed the heaviest RPO offense of any team this year, maximizing Tua’s quick release and shrewd decision-making while protecting him from long dropbacks behind their suspect offensive line and deep throws with his average arm strength.

Brian-Flores-Miami-Dolphins-Fired-NY-Jets-Hired-Patriots.jpg

Bears hire Jerod Mayo as DC

He's currently the inside linebacker coach for the New England Patriots and overdue for a promotion and even already getting some head coach consideration as a ILB coach. He's worked with Flores before with the Patriots and comes from the same tree.

Mayo_Jerod_GettyImages-1183400866.jpg

Free Agency

• Roquan Smith – 5-year extension for $100 million
  • Bilal Nichols – 3-year deal for $24 million
  • Sam Mustipher – 1-year ERFA tender for $895,000
  • DeAndre Houston-Carson – 1-year deal for $1.035 million
  • Alec Ogletree – 1-year deal for $1.12 million
  • Marquise Goodwin – 1-year deal for $1.12 million
  • Elijah Wilkinson – 1-year deal for $1.035 million
  • Alex Bars – 1-year deal for $965,000
  • Jesper Horsted – 1-year ERFA tender for $895,000
  • Pat O’Donnell – 1-year deal for $1.75 million
  • Patrick Scales – 1-year deal for $1.035 million

Cuts:

• Nick Foles – $3 million saved
  • Danny Trevathan (post-June 1st) – $3.5 million saved

New Contracts

Bears sign WR DJ Chark to 3 years 42 million 25 guaranteed

Same contract the Bears gave Allen Robinson when he was injury prone coming from the Jaguars.

https%3A%2F%2Fblackandteal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1175807436.jpeg

Bears sign C Ryan Jensen to 4 years 40 million 16 guaranteed

Jensen has been the leader of a Tampa line that has been the unsung hero of the team’s recent success turning 31 years old soon but still capable center that veteran depth to the offensive line.

r805156_1296x729_16-9.jpg
I like Dodds as GM and Eberflus as HC. Both guys are no nonsense and discipline which is very much what this team needs.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
That's weird cause you go to Spotrac and it shows many vets who made like 500k this last year.

Either way my point is if we need to sign anywhere from 7-10 players or whatever then we can do that anywhere from that 750k to right around 1m if we need to.
If they signed midseason you prorate the minimum based on how many games are left, but they are "bumping" another player for that spot so you cant limit the cap hit for that rsoter spot to that low.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like the Jensen signing I think he's going to get more than $10M /yr though, he's one of the top C in the NFL. I am willing to pay the man. I would also cut Cohen and Goldman

You're probably right but he us getting older.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flores is a D coach. Need an OC.more than you need Mayo. Doubt BB lets Mayo leave anyway as you are not required to let guys go unless it is for HC.
They changed that. Position coach to coordinator can’t be blocked either.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree a solid veteran center will go a long way. But good luck making that happen with 10 mil a year

Bears need at least one guy close to elite on the line everyone is kinda average at best.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who is the OC? I honestly don't hate this and signing Jenson could buy Sammy boy some time to bulk up and back up all IOL spots. I would also ask if the Bear have the money for all these singings?

They'll have to make some cuts but Jensen is the main priority get WR in draft.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is the OC? I honestly don't hate this and signing Jenson could buy Sammy boy some time to bulk up and back up all IOL spots. I would also ask if the Bear have the money for all these singings?

Matt Nagy of course. Can you imagine how good he'd be if he didn't have to focus on game management, the defense, clock management, development of players and the injury report?

Dude can FINALLY fly.