After his Pro Day, Trey Lance is now being compared to Josh Allen......

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Allen made a lot of awesome deep throws on his pro day. The compare is velocity, strength and movement but we all knew that ahead of time. Josh is also about 2" taller and has a full 1" larger hands.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If he's Josh Allen, then sure, go after him. HOWEVER, I seem to recall Allen having a rough rookie season. So, if my memory of his rookie year is correct, is this fucking fan base going to be as patient as maybe the Bills Mafia was?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
If he's Josh Allen, then sure, go after him. HOWEVER, I seem to recall Allen having a rough rookie season. So, if my memory of his rookie year is correct, is this fucking fan base going to be as patient as maybe the Bills Mafia was?

Patient? They'll be booing him after the first bad pass!! Christ they booed Mitch b4 he even stepped on the field lol

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Two pretty rough years, no? Definitely not going to get that sort of patience in Chicago. Just can’t see Pace/Nagy pinning their jobs on him either.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

We’ve been waiting since 1985

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Allen shockingly turned it all around his third year. Thats as long as im willing to give a QB.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Patient? They'll be booing him after the first bad pass!! Christ they booed Mitch b4 he even stepped on the field lol
They booed him because he was a terrible pick and they proved correct. Once Mitch got the starting nod did they boo him after his first bad pass? Im asking this honestly because i dont remember but this seems like hyperbole.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Allen shockingly turned it all around his third year. Thats as long as im willing to give a QB.
Yup, need to show up in year 3. After a few games in year 3, I jumped ship.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like the Lance to Allen comp. It's not my favorite comp for Lance (I like the Steve McNair comp) because of size and Allen has a freaking cannon, but I like it in the sense that I could see a similar career path. Especially like the comp if the team that drafts Lance can hire Brian Daboll next year (love this for the Bears).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yup, need to show up in year 3. After a few games in year 3, I jumped ship.
Week 2 ‘19 I was done with Mitch. Looked exactly the same since the year prior and looks the same today. Not enough flashes to merit confidence.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Allen had a good year, but was pretty much a dud in the playoffs. I think this past season was an outlier for him and will be his best season of his career by a good margin. But I'm biased as I've never been high on him. So who knows.