After NBA suspends their season, what odds MLB starts on time?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think the main issue is if it blows up like the flu. From what they know we are talking about 10x the mortality rates.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think the main issue is if it blows up like the flu. From what they know we are talking about 10x the mortality rates.

Yup, that's why everything is getting shut down. I've heard anywhere between 10-20x mortality rate. 25 million people catching this virus could equal 250,000 deaths.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yup, that's why everything is getting shut down. I've heard anywhere between 10-20x mortality rate. 25 million people catching this virus could equal 250,000 deaths.

I have my opinions on it all. Could just be a culling to lower the world population.

To be honest here 100% this is not unique at all. And sense the black plague we have not even figured out how to stop the common cold. It was just a matter of time that a bad ass virus came around and gave a wrecking ball effect.

garapp

Liked Posts:
That could almost be an interesting/fun way to handle this. Let every team keep a 40 man roster, maybe even 50. Plan on normal regular season opening up middle to late May, say Monday before Memorial Day. Start the season on 4/13 and play as the ST facilities, even still having double header or split squad games.

SIDE NOTE: What do you think of the idea of booking more double headers for like June and July? Give teams expanded rosters of say 35 players but have a list of players, maybe 8, who aren't eligible to be in the first game but can't be on that list for the 2nd game. A non-double header day would have the regular 26 man roster with 9 exempted players. You get in 6 a month and you could shorten the season by 2 weeks. Which means they'd try to expand the playoffs.
Be I an older fan (69 in April) I loved the scheduled double headers where the 2nd game started 30 minutes fate the west
Let's do it!!

Castor76

Liked Posts:
This disease has a worldwide death rate of maybe 4% and that's not good but it's not 10% either.

People are going to get bored fast and want their entertainment back. I say within 2 weeks the clamor gets big. Within two weeks of that, we get games back

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This disease has a worldwide death rate of maybe 4% and that's not good but it's not 10% either.

People are going to get bored fast and want their entertainment back. I say within 2 weeks the clamor gets big. Within two weeks of that, we get games back

7,770,853,208 * .04 310,834,128 peeps dead global. perspective: USA total pop 327.2 million (2018)

So that would pretty much take out the whole country.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
7,770,853,208 * .04 310,834,128 peeps dead global. perspective: USA total pop 327.2 million (2018)

That would require everyone in the world to get the disease. It's nowhere near that. The worst projection I saw was 1/3 and that was "no one do anything to prevent the spread and it just ran its course." The measures had already been taken to reduce that down to 5 million when the article was published, much less what's been accomplished since then.

It's going to suck, but people pay too much money to be entertained and we will want it back soon.

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
There wont be a season this year...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Be I an older fan (69 in April) I loved the scheduled double headers where the 2nd game started 30 minutes fate the west
Let's do it!!
yeah, but those used to be two for one tickets, not clear the park, sweep up, then let the next sheeple in.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

That is the whole problem with sicial media nowadays, 4% of those who get it, not total population. When will we be able to buy toilet paper again?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That is the whole problem with sicial media nowadays, 4% of those who get it, not total population. When will we be able to buy toilet paper again?

Just snag some rolls from work.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But I was thinking on it some. If it ends up like the flu. Around 10% of the population got it. But you have to take into account of flu shots.

But seeing how that they don't have a immunization plan for (COVID-19) it is really hard to predict how well it can be stemmed .

From what I've seen most stores like Target etc have been picked clean like vultures. My wife works at a hospital and it was dead for 2 days then last night it was a mad house. I took my niece to another hospital for a ear infection check up and they did test her for it but it was a low priority case as they pretty much know the symptoms.

I just see this as we were not prepared as a country to deal with this. Sad bit is Trump's admin dissolved the department that did deal with it and he had no clue about it.

#sad

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:

I was lucky, went on a Costco run about a month ago, so I am stocked up on paper products for quite a while. I'm glad to see that toilet paper and hand sanitizer seem to be the only things that have sold out to where it's hard to find any. I can still buy bread and milk at my close-by convenience store, for example.

Being retired, I really can't go the route of stealing toilet paper from work. I couldn't even do that for the last 10 years of my work career, since I worked from home. Stealing anything from work was not just like stealing from myself, it was literally stealing from myself... ;)

-New Doug

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Who needs toilet paper when you can just step in the shower?

On a real note, you monkeys are disgusting to smear your shit on some paper, to only get most of it off. We are not in the 1800s anymore. #bodilife

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Was weird seeing the bread asile bare today. People are such weird creatures. Create a panic and watch the monkeys go.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLB seems to be eyeing a return in May. Reports are the federal health officials are saying they should be able to play games in May. The one big hold up is the instant testing. That will go a long way in getting things started. They need to have enough for MLB without hurting the rest of the country from getting tested. Games would be played in Arizona to start the season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks