After the Bills run in the post season, I am all in on DaBoll

Rise

Liked Posts:
If Daboll wants to go to New York and ruin his career nothing we can do about it. Huge red flag to me honestly, says he has an ego and thinks his system can win with anyone.

Bears need to hire a leader not a system.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Daboll wants to go to New York and ruin his career nothing we can do about it. Huge red flag to me honestly, says he has an ego and thinks his system can win with anyone.

Or they have plans post-Daniel jones? They said they're committed to a complete restructuring of how they do things. Outside of me believing in Fields, i dont see any reason why Chicago would be much of a better opportunity than NY. They have the extra draft capital if they want to trade for Wilson. They can tank for a year, chalk it up to rebuilding and pull from the QB pool next season.

NYG has been a shit show but you know whats worse? Thats one of the ownership groups George said he goes to for advice. Fucking yuck.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Or they have plans post-Daniel jones? They said they're committed to a complete restructuring of how they do things. Outside of me believing in Fields, i dont see any reason why Chicago would be much of a better opportunity than NY. They have the extra draft capital if they want to trade for Wilson. They can tank for a year, chalk it up to rebuilding and pull from the QB pool next season.

NYG has been a shit show but you know whats worse? Thats one of the ownership groups George said he goes to for advice. Fucking yuck.
Tanking in year one of your first coaching job is a really big risk to your future career if you don't end up with the franchise quarterback you were hoping for. If you don't rebound in year 2, you're probably toast.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tanking in year one of your first coaching job is a really big risk to your future career if you don't end up with the franchise quarterback you were hoping for. If you don't rebound in year 2, you're probably toast.
All of this is based on the assumption that there's a collaborative(hate that word now) vision with Daboll and Schoen. They already work together and its not like this random arranged marriage of GM/HC. They're already a dogshit team with the extra picks. They could potentially move back with one of the picks this season and set themselves up for next year. win a few games and still have the ammo to make a move.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Of course George does. I’ll just say NY is not a patient place, I’m sure Judge thought he had time as well. Better be winning quick or they will turn on him and say it’s all Allen.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Lol you could say the same about coming to CHI. Which city/team won a SB more recently again…?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For the record, I don't think Daboll ends up with the Bears. I just would be very excited for the plan for Fields if he did.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Tell you what…Allen could probably make nagys dumbass offense work. Buffalo did a good job giving him weapons, but he makes something out of nothing more often than probably any other QB.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I agree that it's dumb to base who you're hiring and not hiring off of one or two games in the playoffs, but the counter to his statement on Bowles is that you have 4 years of failure with the NY Jets to convince you that he's probably not a good HC. The track record of success for 2nd time HC's who were bad at their first stop is not great. Bill Belichick is a clear outlier.
And even Belichick wasn't that bad, it was more of Modell's willingness to move the team.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is what a wide net gets you, leftovers.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Watching that game tonight made me realize just how much that offense is put on Josh Allen. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence especially considering Daboll's track record of failures at previous stops. Maybe he can work magic with Fields, idk. Seems meh.
Plus there is some question about whether he is largely responsible for the growth and development of Josh Allen. Many put that on Ken Dorsey who works for the Bills and is considered a QB guru of sorts.

I am not totally against him but I don’t get any of the enthusiasm for him. Josh Allen is carrying that team and a lot of the Bills fan base wants him gone — they say he is too conservative and lacks imagination.

It also bothers me that he is up in a booth. A Head Coach has to see and view the game from the sidelines. It’s a totally different feel, look and perspective with lots of things coming at you at once on the sideline.

In truth, I see a lot of Nagy in him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But did you watch the other BILLS playoff game where Josh Allin played every single little bit as good as he did in tonight's second playoff game because if you watched BOTH of these two games you too might be literally all in because that's literally two games in a row that were perfect from the Qb position not just one game but two of them so maybe perhaps if you had a bigger sample size you would literally climb aboard the Dabbol band wagon and not be such a hesitant Harry about going all in.
I would be all in on the Daboll bandwagon if he could bring Allen along with him.

Seeing that he can't, if he does come to Chicago (big IF), I will be hopeful, not on his bandwagon.

I am tired of, "In _____________ we trust" or "_______________" never sleeps.

The "________" has always turned out to be someone who is inept at his job and "______" should have slept more because he would probably have made better decisions if he weren't so tired.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

It's not the wrong move to go to New York. The Giants are a better franchise than the Bears, and they have two high first round picks with which to start building. Meanwhile, the Bears have the oldest defense in the league and a bunch of bloated contracts, most of which have to stay on the books for at least another season because of dead cap hits.

It's all about how a prospective coach feels about Fields. If they believe he can be a superstar, take the Bears job. If they don't, take one of the other jobs.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Even though they lost I liked the way Leftwich called the end of the TB game, the run to the outside on 4th and 1 with the game on the line was gutsy but smart. He went for it but didn’t give that LA DL a chance to get to Brady by putting it in his hands, even though he’s the GOAT. Absolute certainty Nagy passes there.

The problem with all these guys is it’s hard to tell how much of it is them and how much is the QB. And we are really judging them as OCs rather than HCs.

I think the Bears inability to find a great OC and develop an offence is more of a historic failing than anything. Lovie was a good HC, Fox was a good HC. I even think Nagy could be a good HC - none of them could run or find anyone to run a successful offence.

The only guy who managed to put together a good offence for a short while was the worst HC of all, which is such a Bears thing to happen.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
But did you watch the other BILLS playoff game where Josh Allin played every single little bit as good as he did in tonight's second playoff game because if you watched BOTH of these two games you too might be literally all in because that's literally two games in a row that were perfect from the Qb position not just one game but two of them so maybe perhaps if you had a bigger sample size you would literally climb aboard the Dabbol band wagon and not be such a hesitant Harry about going all in.
Twice better than Rodgers last two years.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Their offense is good but dangerously erratic. They risk the health of their QB WAY too much.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Daboll DEVELOPED Josh Allen, from raw-bust-rookie, to what he is now...that's why he's the right guy for Fields and the Bears. He's been an OC and called his own plays for 10 years...that's another reason. To say he's just a system and nothing more...well he's NOT Nagy, the system in Buffalo is all Daboll's, not someone else's. Nagy was a fraud, took credit for developing Mahomes. We all saw that that Nagy couldn't develop a Polaroid. Daboll is what the Bears thought they were getting when they signed Nagy. The Bears had the right idea at the time, just the wrong guy.

If we go defensive HC, or CEO HC, and get lucky enough to get an OC that does well with Fields, he'll be gone the next year. Adam Gase coaxed ONE, not-terrible season from Jay Cutler...and, bam he was gone.

But they are the Bears, whatever.