Albert Breer: Scouts on Redraft - Fields goes No. 2?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think the only conclusion you can reach so far is Mac Jones is totally killing it. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields have not been good, but Fields has shown some improvement in the last couple. The other guy basically hasn't really played yet.

Mac Jones would go first if there was a redraft tomorrow.
No chance!

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't think it gets talked about enough how badly the Jaguars messed up in hiring Urban Meyer. They had a prime head coaching spot. They had won the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, cap was in a good position, Jacksonville itself is a nice enough play to live, etc....and they hire Meyer out of retirement and from day 1 have just had bad look after bad look.

IMO, the Jets was always the hardest landing spot for any of those guys. Jets were also a mess, but with the spotlight of New York on top of everything else and Wilson coming from BYU was always going to be a bit of odd fit there. I will say though that at least Wilson was a multi year starter. He really had the one great year, but at least he did have a lot of snaps in college.

But yeah, it was crazy to me how it was always Lawrence #1, Fields #2 and at one point even some talk he could be better than Lawrence while they were actually playing during the season...he destroys Clemson in the college playoffs...and then drops in the draft evals and the actual draft. Never made any sense to me. But I'm happy as hell that the Bears somehow landed him.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think it gets talked about enough how badly the Jaguars messed up in hiring Urban Meyer. They had a prime head coaching spot. They had won the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, cap was in a good position, Jacksonville itself is a nice enough play to live, etc....and they hire Meyer out of retirement and from day 1 have just had bad look after bad look.

IMO, the Jets was always the hardest landing spot for any of those guys those. Jets were also a mess, but with the spotlight of New York on top of everything else and Wilson coming from BYU was always going to be a bit of odd fit there. I will say though that at least Wilson was a multi year starter. He really had the one great year, but at least he did have a lot of snaps in college.

But yeah, it was crazy to me how it was always Lawrence #1, Fields #2 and at one point even some talk he could be better than Lawrence while they were actually playing during the season...he destroys Clemson in the college playoffs...and then drops in the draft evals and the actual draft. Never made any sense to me. But I'm happy as hell that the Bears somehow landed him.

Chris Simms is actually a undercover agent from the bears scouting department.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry but @aaronitout has told me he believes Fields is atrocious and Jordan Love had the greatest debut since Jesus Christ.
Jesus is actually delaying his resurrection because he saw love’s terrible play

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the only conclusion you can reach so far is Mac Jones is totally killing it. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields have not been good, but Fields has shown some improvement in the last couple. The other guy basically hasn't really played yet.

“Killing it” is strong. Mac does well with his limitations imo

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Florio goes Fields #1. Simmons takes him #2.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Does what he's asked to do, which isn't very much. Bears and Jags asking for much more from their QBs than Pats asking from Jones.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't 1/2 of all GMs or scouts (I forget) confidentially admit they had Fields valued as #1 overall per that one reporter's anonymous survey? Many were overruled by their owner/coach or their team already had a QB. As has been discussed at least 6 teams shoulda coulda woulda picked him but passed.

Fields legit was 1b / #2 for most of last year until a few months or month before the draft when crap came out about seizures in his past & BS about work ethic n such.

Lance - seems 49s thought they found the next Mahommes - a raw talent with even less experience...more of the Trubisky level in all reality. Insane they paid such a price to move up for him. Brass ballz &/or craziness to think they can mold him into Mahommes 2.0.

All 3 combined: #BearsLottoFTW

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Didn't 1/2 of all GMs or scouts (I forget) confidentially admit they had Fields valued as #1 overall per that one reporter's anonymous survey? Many were overruled by their owner/coach or their team already had a QB. As has been discussed at least 6 teams shoulda coulda woulda picked him but passed.

Fields legit was 1b / #2 for most of last year until a few months or month before the draft when crap came out about seizures in his past & BS about work ethic n such.

Lance - seems 49s thought they found the next Mahommes - a raw talent with even less experience...more of the Trubisky level in all reality. Insane they paid such a price to move up for him. Brass ballz &/or craziness to think they can mold him into Mahommes 2.0.

All 3 combined: #BearsLottoFTW

It was pretty much the non QB picking teams. Apparently Denver and Atlanta liked Trey.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I would even add Ryan Day to that list. Nagy’s buddy comes and takes over haha.

He has a vertical passing game, but loves running the ball and knows Fields already and Fields understands his offense so it might limit the learning curve for a new playbook.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never said Jordan Loves debut was great, I said it was better than Fields first three games combined, which is true.

Fields is atrocious, yes. Look at his awful play this season.

so if teams had a choice to pick between Fields and Love, who would they pick?

:peppers:

10veitout

Liked Posts:
so if teams had a choice to pick between Fields and Love, who would they pick?

:peppers:

GMs who want upside would take Love, considering his arm is significantly more natural and has a significantly faster release.

GMs who wanted a closer to immediately ready prospect would take Fields, but he hasn't been able to live up to that billing whatsoever.

Thank you for conceding that Love first game was in fact better then Fields first three combined.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lions @nc0gnet0 , Broncos, falcons, panthers., I’m sure I’m missing a few are all ignorant for letting Fields get out of the top 10 and the regret will be real next season

anyone happen to know the financial implications of that? Is it possible the bears couldn’t afford him if the giants were, say #9? Am I giving Teflon too much credit?

still can’t believe he made it past the Broncos