Albert Breer: Scouts on Redraft - Fields goes No. 2?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TL, Mac and Fields all had the skins on the wall in big time college programs. TL was the "full package". Mac had the insane accuracy. Fields had the insane physical traits. These three should have gone 1,2,3 in the draft in any order.

Drafting Lance that high still just blows my freaking mind. I didn't get it then. Don't get it now. Wilson I'm a little more understanding on that.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agree with you completely on Lance. Small school and only one season? Then they traded away alot to get him. He probably would have slid out of the top 10, but if not, you can't put that much draft capital into such an unknown. I said when it happened it may be considered one of the worst tradeups of all time.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Fields was always 1B and it's obvious to anyone who was paying attention. It's hilarious that there's "oh if we could re-do the draft today he'd be the #2 pick." You mean scouts and execs outsmarted themselves, again, for the 352nd year in a row?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TL, Mac and Fields all had the skins on the wall in big time college programs. TL was the "full package". Mac had the insane accuracy. Fields had the insane physical traits. These three should have gone 1,2,3 in the draft in any order.

Drafting Lance that high still just blows my freaking mind. I didn't get it then. Don't get it now. Wilson I'm a little more understanding on that.
This but to be fair, it's difficult for lance to be highly regarded with the amount of play he's had and wasn't expected to be all that this year. That said, on draft day, I said the #4 and 5 could turn out the top 2 in this draft as easily as any combo of the top 3. They are very hard to project and situation matters.

As much as Pace fucked up with Trubs, we need to remember that. The bigger issue was using additional capital to get Mitch since Pace himself should also understand that they are difficult to project and take what's left at 3 when the prospects are that close.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree with you completely on Lance. Small school and only one season? Then they traded away alot to get him. He probably would have slid out of the top 10, but if not, you can't put that much draft capital into such an unknown. I said when it happened it may be considered one of the worst tradeups of all time.
Lance may turn out but the capital given for that much unknown was whacky.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
It is good to be on this side of things for a change lol

Always baffles me that Watson and Fields dropped. The talent evaluators are a joke. Stop overthinking this. The best part is the next class looks like shit. Good on you Denver and Carolina, etc.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
With production on the field thus far, then Jones should be #1, but the reality is nothing will be completely clear until those rookie contracts are done.

Hell we are only half way through the first season and people are already making these predictions....too near sighted for me.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Fields will go #1 overall once he wins the Super Bowl this year. Just you watch.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only conclusion you can reach so far is Mac Jones is totally killing it. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields have not been good, but Fields has shown some improvement in the last couple. The other guy basically hasn't really played yet.

Mac Jones would go first if there was a redraft tomorrow.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think the only conclusion you can reach so far is Mac Jones is totally killing it. Lawrence, Wilson and Fields have not been good, but Fields has shown some improvement in the last couple. The other guy basically hasn't really played yet.

Mac Jones would go first if there was a redraft tomorrow.
I don't think so. Scouts don't draft on production alone. Jones has the potential to be very good but he's also system dependent. Not as pliable as some of the other QBs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t t see any skid marks in here

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think so. Scouts don't draft on production alone. Jones has the potential to be very good but he's also system dependent. Not as pliable as some of the other QBs.

Zero way mac jones goes over lawrence.

You could make a case that he goes 2nd in a redraft, but not every NFL team values his traits the same. He's perfect for the scheme that the pats run.

Im fairly certain you could drop him on the jets and he'd look like poopy. Very happy for the young man tho, it was literally the ideal landing spot for his career success.