Aldi Wednesday Standing Rib Roast $ 6.99 lb. ( prime rib )

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I been getting them at Aldi for a couple years now, they are good. Reverse sear on the pellet grill for Easter.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I been getting them at Aldi for a couple years now, they are good. Reverse sear on the pellet grill for Easter.
I pick up several every time they sell them. They'll probably have boneless leg o lamb again too.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They don’t sell edible food for humans

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe but my dad was bragging about how cheap he found filet mignon a couple years ago and didn’t tell me he got it from there. We were chewing on that shit like it was old bazooka gum lol. Shit wouldn’t break down! I’m like you don’t buy shit from there ever again lol

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe but my dad was bragging about how cheap he found filet mignon a couple years ago and didn’t tell me he got it from there. We were chewing on that shit like it was old bazooka gum lol. Shit wouldn’t break down! I’m like you don’t buy shit from there ever again lol
That's probably the same crap that they have at all grocery stores that they stock all the time. But they have tons of good gourmet and organic stuff on the really cheap. They even have grass-fed beef at most of the stores around me.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe i dont know , i know whats good there and know whats not, i'm a season veteran when it comes to shopping at Aldi.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe i dont know , i know whats good there and know whats not, i'm a season veteran when it comes to shopping at Aldi.
I once got catfish nuggets there. I couldn't even eat them in a fish curry.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I once got catfish nuggets there. I couldn't even eat them in a fish curry.
I dont recall ever seeing catfish nuggets there. My regular Aldi list is , butter, milk, vegetable oil, salt , pepper , flour , cookies for the kids. Sausage patties maple flavored which taste like Mcdonalds sausage on a biscuit and a few other items . But the standing rib roast bone in is great. It's choice also not select but it has a great marbling.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They don’t sell edible food for humans

It depends on the specific item, their knock off version of campbells chunky chicken and dumpling soup is not as good as the real thing, Aldi's version of campbells chunky chicken noodle soup tastes exactly the same and costs 1/2 as much. Can you imagine someone choosing to pay more for the name on a label?

The guys here told me about Aldi pistachios, sure enough they are great and cheap, If you hear about specific good products at Aldi, like a rib roast, I believe them.

There are a ton of places on line that review Aldi vs name brand. I disagree with a few things on this list, I don't like their yogurt, but it's a good example of picking out the good stuff and avoiding the questionable stuff.

https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2015/11/16/aldi-buying-tips/

https://www.aldireviewer.com/category/food/

Butter, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, hard salami, sliced provolone, mama cozzi fresh pizza is great, frozen is good. Mama cozzi fresh pizza is 16" with everything for $7 and better than some restaurant pies I've paid $27 for. They have great produce, Costco also has great produce, but maybe I don't want 5 Avocados or 16 apples, just one or two are good. A few weeks ago actual Kelloggs breakfast cereal appeared on their shelves, halve of what they charge at Jewel. Between Costco and Aldi I buy very few things at Jewel these days.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aldi has been expanding in the Des Moines market. There isn't one near where I live currently tho so I'm hopeful it will be soon. Shopped there a few times when I lived on the other side of town

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe things have changed cause they have opened up three near me and not to sound smug never thought I would see an aldi open up in my neighborhood. And I’m surprised it’s always jammed every time I pass by.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The guys here told me about Aldi pistachios, sure enough they are great and cheap, If you hear about specific good products at Aldi, like a rib roast, I believe them.
I told you about the pistachios at Aldi

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope....you confirmed my endorsement of Aldi pistachios
It depends on the specific item, their knock off version of campbells chunky chicken and dumpling soup is not as good as the real thing, Aldi's version of campbells chunky chicken noodle soup tastes exactly the same and costs 1/2 as much. Can you imagine someone choosing to pay more for the name on a label?

There are a ton of places on line that review Aldi vs name brand. I disagree with a few things on this list, I don't like their yogurt, but it's a good example of picking out the good stuff and avoiding the questionable stuff.

https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2015/11/16/aldi-buying-tips/

https://www.aldireviewer.com/category/food/

Butter, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, hard salami, sliced provolone, mama cozzi fresh pizza is great, frozen is good. Mama cozzi fresh pizza is 16" with everything for $7 and better than some restaurant pies I've paid $27 for. They have great produce, Costco also has great produce, but maybe I don't want 5 Avocados or 16 apples, just one or two are good. A few weeks ago actual Kelloggs breakfast cereal appeared on their shelves, halve of what they charge at Jewel. Between Costco and Aldi I buy very few things at Jewel these days.
The bacon at Aldi i like , it says premium sliced on the package. Its strange though because sometimes its cut too thin, but more often its good, and the price is good. Also lots of canned tomatoes, stewed,diced or diced with green chilies. Macaroni and cheese for the kids and Jasmine rice for the wife, ha ha ha .Bananas are usually .39 a lb. Load up with bananas ,dog loves em .
Assorted color peppers, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower onions and potatoes. Sanderson Farms chicken thighs, " no added salt or preserves" .79 a pound. Breakfast stuff for the kids, pancakes, waffles,breakfast sausages. Canned Tuna or Salmon. Kraft american cheese slices. Bread hamburger and hotdog buns, blah,blah,blah............Every now and then they have like Oscar Meyer hot dogs.
The Jasmine rice is a great value.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I do the majority of my grocery shopping at Aldi, have one right in my neighborhood. Produce isn't always the best (never bad either), but most everything else is. Eggs are usually less than half the price of Kroger, and just as good. Really cheap snack food, great huge bar of dark chocolate for $1.49. Never got meat there that wasn't fine. Their frozen pizza is awesome.