Alex DeBrincat and Adam Boqvist added to NHL’s COVID-19 protocol list and won’t be available for the Chicago Blackhawks until cleared

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

What is most likely not the last time they will deal with covid this season.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Just what we need, more faces out of the lineup. Then again, maybe some time off will do Boqvist some good.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Losing Cat hurts.

Boqvist on the other hand.....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, this can mean 3 separate things here which will impact his return.

1.) he tested positive and they are waiting a confirmation with PCR.
2.) He has to quarantine because of confirmed contact with a person who has it
3.) He's got a confirmed case himself and must isolate.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Highmore , Carlsson in . Heard high risk contact for one but since they spend alot of time off ice they are both in protocol but who knows. maybe PS moves to wing and Soderberg centers him and Kane

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...as someone on the interwebs brilliantly pointed out: the headline should have been, "Cat Scratched with Fever".

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...I'm not sure what the NHL is doing. Are they spreading Covid while other leagues are trying not to?

Detroit played Carolina who had 5 guys out, and they got it, and had 5 guys out and were saying our game should be postponed...they didn't and now the Hawks have the Covids?

Coincidence? I think the NHL needs to realize they don't have 7 days between games like the NFL, and while 52 was hopeful, they should expect only 45 or 48 will be squeezed in even with make-up games.

Your going to have some quarantine situations and need to postpone more teams when these outbreaks occur beyond a guy or two. 5 guys means an internal contamination of some kind.

2 or 3 seems closer like a number where you start to consider locking down a team. Even with the hawks...common sense tells you we just had an exposure with Detroit and then some guys got it...so a few day lock down would not be an overreaction.

Lets see if Nashville gets it now?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NHL is not like baseball because its indoors, fans are closer to the field, its in a cold room with potential ice shavings and water droplets, and guys are breathing full force and sprinting, then congregating heads down in the bench area.

The NHL without a bubble may not make it a full season, but I'm guessing the expiration on interest in these divisions is only 2-3 more months anyway.