dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anyone watch the E:60 they did on A.Smith? I'm watching it now and it's crazy what he's gone through and how he almost lost his life or leg with all he went through.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone watch the E:60 they did on A.Smith? I'm watching it now and it's crazy what he's gone through and how he almost lost his life or leg with all he went through.

I haven't yet, but intend to.

I always have respected Alex Smith and think he's pretty damn tough and has been through a lot, and he keeps on "ticking".

Between Zack Miller's injury and Smith's those are two with more devastating - or potentially devastating - effects than any I can recall in years of watching the NFL. There have been some - like Stingley - that obviously stand out, but these are surprisingly dangerous.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I haven't yet, but intend to.

I always have respected Alex Smith and think he's pretty damn tough and has been through a lot, and he keeps on "ticking".

Between Zack Miller's injury and Smith's those are two with more devastating - or potentially devastating - effects than any I can recall in years of watching the NFL. There have been some - like Stingley - that obviously stand out, but these are surprisingly dangerous.

You should definitely watch it especially after saying you've always thought he was pretty damn tough cause him being tough seems to come up in it quite a bit.

One of the injuries that always comes to my mind was the Super Bowl Cincy was in and Tim Krumrie broke his leg and i can remember it flopping around while he was rolling and of course the Joe Theisman bone coming out his sock basically.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
This board is obsessed with Alex Smith for some reason it's so strange....he will be having that thing amputated by 50. Some people here seriously think he will play again.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
This board is obsessed with Alex Smith for some reason it's so strange....he will be having that thing amputated by 50. Some people here seriously think he will play again.
Thanks for brightening my mood.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Just watched this. Totally moving and absolutely amazed that he is walking and cutting with any degree of complexity. The state of the art rehab as helped significantly. The part where he's having a group therapy session with the soldiers was my favorite part. I am glad they put that in there

As to anything resembling an athletic career, what in the world does Alex Smith have left to prove? He's 36. He's been a successful QB in the NFL. He's had a long playing career.

No team would or should sign him. Maybe what they do for him, as a touching moment, is that he checks into a game for a play and the defense decides to redshirt him for that play. Outside of that, I cannot imagine a future where Alex Smith touches a football again in an NFL game. Even in the best of circumstances, the leg will never be what it was. His reactivity, ability to handle stress/force. It just will not be there. Sending him into a huddle would be a gross example of negligence. In some cases, you have to protect ultra competitors from themselves. In some scenarios, it may be warranted to let them try, but in Alex's case there is no reason to put that man's life in danger again. Imagine if something happened and you were the one that let him take the snap? How could you live with that after knowing what he just been through.

There's life after football. There are new challenges for Alex Smith to conquer. Perhaps Alex works in coaching. Maybe he tries to find football success on that side. He's been a leader of men before so coaching is not necessarily a bad avenue for him. But, he's an extremely intelligent individual and he has the means to do many viable things with the next 40 years of his life.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smith is the perfect smoke screen for a draft move.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Here's a list of 5 amazing surgeries. My personal fav is putting a tooth in the eye to gain sight.

Just as an FYI, like Alex Smith, I wouldn't recommend any of those successful surgery patients to be your starting QB in 2021....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i saw a guy go low on him last year and it pissed me off, even his wife looked away when they put him in the game. Imagine having him and foles....both of them may end the year in the hospital