All The Damn Rumours Thread

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What would happen to Cam Newton in that scenario? Camp battle? I doubt the outcome of that would really be in doubt at all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
All these teams are making last minute desperation trades for qbs.

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
So now the Panthers could be in play for a QB at 8 and Denver not so much at 9.
If the Patriots trade for Jimmy G that takes them out at 15.
So QB's go
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Mac ( Newest projection)
8. Lance or other position
9. Lance or other position

That leaves possibly Lance and Fields with the next 2 QB needy teams being the WFT and the Bears.

Is it possible one falls to 20? Could tale a shot and not have to give up anything besides other first round talent that could be had?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Den already went Teddy

If Pats do take Jimmy, It means SF went with MAC because hes more ready day one than Lance?

That means its more than likely Lance and Fields as QB 4/5. Given that Den went after Bridgewater. The Bears only really need to concern themselves with WFT. . In reality, the Bears probably wouldnt have to move up to land a QB if they were okay with letting one of the 2 fall to them. They could possibly have both sitting at 20 if WFT addresses other needs and are Fine With Fitz and Taylor Heinicke this year

But Pace would Pace and jump WFT and every other team not interested. wasting extra draft capital to guarantee his choice. Then in reality, Pace picks the wrong guy and the 5th that drops to WFT becomes a star if they take him.

Jumping WFT to say 16-18 to bypass WFT wouldnt be bad. But Pace would jump to like 7-10

Anyway, hope NE gets Jimmy and you QB table pounders will have a really good shot.

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't want Lance. He is either Boom or Bust. There is no between. Fields is a safer option or draft Mills or Mond. Less risk w/2nd round.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All these teams are making last minute desperation trades for qbs.

I guess teams are more enticed to add a pick days before the draft and more willing to part with their players. So it makes sense.

But also part of me wonders if teams are starting to drop one or two of the top QBs off their board.

Also, maybe they are hearing things that ate wirrything them about one of the top QBs falling.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
San Fran is going to draft Trey Lance.
They have a good coaching staff to develop him. I think SF trades Jimmy G to Pats. Have a competition with Lance, Rosen, and Sudfeld. More likely Rosen will win. That team is loaded can win 10-11 gamers with me as QB if team stays healthy. Once Lance is ready, SF will have chance to win 3-4 SBs in next 5 years if Lance turns out like Wilson. I think that's who he reminds me of.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Den already went Teddy

If Pats do take Jimmy, It means SF went with MAC because hes more ready day one than Lance?

That means its more than likely Lance and Fields as QB 4/5. Given that Den went after Bridgewater. The Bears only really need to concern themselves with WFT. . In reality, the Bears probably wouldnt have to move up to land a QB if they were okay with letting one of the 2 fall to them. They could possibly have both sitting at 20 if WFT addresses other needs and are Fine With Fitz and Taylor Heinicke this year

But Pace would Pace and jump WFT and every other team not interested. wasting extra draft capital to guarantee his choice. Then in reality, Pace picks the wrong guy and the 5th that drops to WFT becomes a star if they take him.

Jumping WFT to say 16-18 to bypass WFT wouldnt be bad. But Pace would jump to like 7-10

Anyway, hope NE gets Jimmy and you QB table pounders will have a really good shot.

so if a QB is falling u do not think some team will trade up above the Bears (like Steelers or Saints or even the Bucs?)..... u understand everyone knows the Bears need a young QB in this draft right??? So they are not going to let someone they want fall to the Bears to 20....