All these free agent QB's!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

This article is about Rivers but they point out all the free agent passers that are going to be available.

Considering the current cap situation and the current quarterback situation who, if anyone, would you go for?

I know we've had a bunch of Mitchell threads but let's talk about the embarrassment of riches that's going to be available in a few months instead.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rivers looked dunzo this season. His arm is shot.

I think the ideal QB for Nagy is going to be Cam, but his health is terrifying. He looked like shit this past season, but maybe he got the surgeries and rest he needed when he was shut down.

My guess is Pace doesn't want to sign a vet like Dalton/Cam/Brady/Rivers because he isn't ready to give up on Dear Sweet Mitchell. I could see a Mariota or Keenum signing as a back up QB.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't understand why pay for a backup like a Keenum or Dalton for 8-9 million, than go for a cheap QB in the draft. Gordon, Hurts, or Eason have more upside than a vet. Minshew this year shows it can be done. Put more money on O-line, OLB, TE or anything that can make the team better.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Rivers looked dunzo this season. His arm is shot.

I think the ideal QB for Nagy is going to be Cam, but his health is terrifying. He looked like shit this past season, but maybe he got the surgeries and rest he needed when he was shut down.

My guess is Pace doesn't want to sign a vet like Dalton/Cam/Brady/Rivers because he isn't ready to give up on Dear Sweet Mitchell. I could see a Mariota or Keenum signing as a back up QB.
Please GOD, no Cam.....no Cam.....NO CAM......

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Please GOD, no Cam.....no Cam.....NO CAM......

Yeah, I'm with you - he's done. For a running QB, its the miles that matter, not the years.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why pay for a backup like a Keenum or Dalton for 8-9 million, than go for a cheap QB in the draft. Gordon, Hurts, or Eason have more upside than a vet. Minshew this year shows it can be done. Put more money on O-line, OLB, TE or anything that can make the team better.
What? The best part of Minshew was that has a performance was completely unexpected. He was a 6th rounder. If you are saying 'why not just put all our eggs in one basket and hope the 6th rounder will work out at the most important position in football?', then your plan is just bad.

As much as Minshew did show it can be done there are countless rookie QBs that don't pan out. We only remember the ones that work, but there are far more QBs that fail.