All time (How did that player last that long?)

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I'm guilty of it too, just like everyone else is. We are all experts when the draft comes around. But I was just thinking about the statement "There is no way that player lasts all the way to (whatever pick). Who can you remember during g the draft process that went WAY later than they were supposed to?
No one could have foreseen Brady turning I to what he did I the NFL. That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm looking for Leonard Williams dropping to #6.
Laremy Tunsil to mid first (that's still hilarious btw), maybe even DK Metcalf in the 2nd, etc.

Aaron Rodgers falling doesn't count, cause everyone was saying that if he wasn't picked early, he could slide. The others I mentioned were (aside from Metcalf) top 3 picks at worst.

Can you think of some other (cant-miss at this spot) players that fell more than anyone anticipated?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm guilty of it too, just like everyone else is. We are all experts when the draft comes around. But I was just thinking about the statement "There is no way that player lasts all the way to (whatever pick). Who can you remember during g the draft process that went WAY later than they were supposed to?
No one could have foreseen Brady turning I to what he did I the NFL. That's not what I'm talking about.
Laremy Tunsil to mid first (that's still hilarious btw), maybe even DK Metcalf in the 2nd, etc.

Aaron Rodgers falling doesn't count, cause everyone was saying that if he wasn't picked early, he could slide. The others I mentioned were (aside from Metcalf) top 3 picks at worst.

Can you think of some other (cant-miss at this spot) players that fell more than anyone anticipated?
Bo Jackson in the 7th round - people were afraid that he would again choose baseball over playing for the Bucs(though there was a reason why he refused to play for the Bucs), but most teams were much better than the bucs and he should have gone in the 2nd even if the teams were afraid.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There is so little we know about players. Sure, you guys want to see them run around in their underpants at the combine, but the mental state of the game and those interviews are what makes players drop.

I think about it a little different, like how far would bear players have dropped before someone else chose them.

Trubisky, Floyd, White, McClellan, Shaheen, Smith.

I could see Trubisky fooling them in meetings, Floyd and White were one trick ponys in college, McClellan might have been a decent middle linebacker replacement, Shaheen playing against boys in Division II, and I doubt Roquan passed 20 of the mental health interviews other teams might have had him in.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Bo Jackson in the 7th round - people were afraid that he would again choose baseball over playing for the Bucs(though there was a reason why he refused to play for the Bucs), but most teams were much better than the bucs and he should have gone in the 2nd even if the teams were afraid.
I thought about him too, but he was drafted first round the year before

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Randy Moss at #21

There was character concerns that were overrated and overblown. NFL teams become contagious when a couple of uneven reports start coming out about a player. This happens every year.

His immense talent was obvious coming out of college.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I thought about him too, but he was drafted first round the year before
No, he was drafted #1 overall which is even more impressive for a RB.

Yet, he lasted until the 7th round, not because he didn't want to play football but because he refused to play for Tampa (he had a real beef against Tampa that underhandedly got his college eligibility taken from him on purpose).

The other teams should have known about this and should have drafted him WAY before the 7th round.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I forgot about the offensive lineman for Dallas who was wrongly accused of murder the day of the draft. He might have been a late 1st rounder but went undrafted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers, Watson, Moss and Sapp as already mentioned.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Dan Marino

2nd to last pick. Marino and Rodgers are prolly the most notorious slides. Tony Eason got picked before him and he was labeled frail before the draft.

Bears had 2 picks in the 1st round and & passed (Covert & Gault). They just had picked McMahon the year before.

I don't know if that would happen again. A team with two 1sts skipping on a highly rated QB. I was just reading about this with Tua and the Dolphins having three 1st round picks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
2nd to last pick. Marino and Rodgers are prolly the most notorious slides. Tony Eason got picked before him and he was labeled frail before the draft.

Bears had 2 picks in the 1st round and & passed (Covert & Gault). They just had picked McMahon the year before.

I don't know if that would happen again. A team with two 1sts skipping on a highly rated QB. I was just reading about this with Tua and the Dolphins having three 1st round picks.

The Bears passed on Jim Kelly once in that draft and Marino twice.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Well here's my memory of Tunsil ?

1586654341560.jpeg

1586654403928.jpeg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears passed on Jim Kelly once in that draft and Marino twice.
And could have imagined the reaction of this fan base when Kelly would have chosen the USFL over the Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
Reuben Foster

And then you realized why he lasted that long 2 years later.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Trubisky. I’m still shocked that he was picked 2nd overall when he really should have been picked first

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still think Tunsil released the bong footage because he didnt want to go to a specific team he knew would take him in the top 3.