Allen Lazard FA Target for Bears?

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Of the FA wide receivers, I would not argue against Bears acquiring GB Packer receiver Allen Lazard as a possession receiver for the Bears. He is a big body with descent speed and has proven to catch in critical times.

Thoughts?

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
bears WR room is starting to get pretty full...

Claypool, Mooney, Velus, EQ....arguably the bears best option for another receiver will be a 2nd rd rookie

msadows

Liked Posts:
No. I’m good. Out of the fa bunch I think the best value would be Paris Campbell.

Don’t think it’s smart to pay Lazard 10-15m when you are about to have to pay Mooney or claypool or both in a year

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would rather draft one with our 2nd 1st round pick that we get from a trade. :cool:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of the FA wide receivers, I would not argue against Bears acquiring GB Packer receiver Allen Lazard as a possession receiver for the Bears. He is a big body with descent speed and has proven to catch in critical times.

Thoughts?

Depends on the deal.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still all in on throwing a 4th or 5th to the Cardinals for Hopkins. The Cards save a lot of money if someone gives them a pick for Hopkins instead of cutting him. Even in a year that was a shit show in Arizona, Hopkins still had 67 catches and 700 yards in half a season. Maybe not part of the distant future but he would immediately be a legitimate #1 for the next 2 years without using a lot of draft capitol. I would still like to see the Bears take a WR in the 1st rd with hopefully part of the draft capitol they get from trading down. When Mooney and Claypool are your 3rd & 4th WR you will have a legitimate receiving corp.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
No. I’m good. Out of the fa bunch I think the best value would be Paris Campbell.

Don’t think it’s smart to pay Lazard 10-15m when you are about to have to pay Mooney or claypool or both in a year
Campbell is an interesting name. He is so fucking fast and has the potential to be an elite weapon, but he's always hurt.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, tired of third rate wr’s, didn’t this year give you enough headaches??
For real. I've had my fill of middling WRs and the WR is already full of them. Bears need to stop fucking around with these WR2/3 types and figure out a way to acquire a bonafide WR1.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We have three receivers that conceivably have some long term prospect for the team: Mooney, Claypool, VJJ.

Then there is ESB, who just got an extension that isnt hard to move on from, and Harry who is a former first round project but also easy to move on from.

Personally, I would give Harry another year here and draft a rookie to compete with ESB and VJJ for the snaps where a WR sweep is a threat. Aside from Lazard being graceless in victory when he has played us (which counts for joining this team), he would be redundant with guys that are already on the team.

Right now, if you cant make GBs roster at WR with the long-term questions that remain for that team and years of connection built up with the starting QB, I dont see what point there is to give him a tryout with someone who... just did the same thing (ESB)

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Thoughts?

He's a blue-collar type, works hard and is not afraid to block. A definite asset in the running game and helps move the sticks.

What he can't do is stretch the field. Not a game-changer, or a guy that strikes fear into opposition cornerbacks. DC's dont have to game=plan for him.

The Bears already have a similar body-type in EQ, although his eagerness to throw a block is not at the same level as Lazard's...I think the Bears might be better off pursuing a speed guy rather than yet another possession receiver.

My two cents.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I agree Lazard is decent but not much different or better than ESB and I do like Campbell.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
bears WR room is starting to get pretty full...

Claypool, Mooney, Velus, EQ....arguably the bears best option for another receiver will be a 2nd rd rookie
This is a joke, correct? Like you aren't considering that EQ and VJ are viable 3rd and 4th WR options, right?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I agree Lazard is decent but not much different or better than ESB
You mean the Lazard that has as many yards this season as ESB has in whole career? Lazard may not be great but EQ is a complete career backup that was forced into action and played like a backup. The guy does absolutely nothing.