Allen Robinson: When it's time to battle, I'm the first one at the doeee!!!

Montucky

Liked Posts:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Extend, not tag. Thanks for reading though. Name one player he's extended that has upside as a game changer.
what does this mean? because he's extended players that went on to probowls

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
There's really no reason to lock this guy up to the kind of money Kenny Golladay got from the Giants (for reference, I doubt Golladay will be worth that money either). It was a good signing for his age twenty-five through twenty-eight years, the smart move is to just leave it at that and let somebody else fork over almost twenty million dollars a year to endure his decline.
You literally said just the other day that you were okay with the bears letting go of all of their veteran stars on defence and therefore I'm literally unsurprisingly not shocked in the least that you are okay with the number one wide-receiver for the Bears being gone in your mind and being okay with it because it seems that you believe it's best for the team to only have cheap players with very little experience and somehow that is a way to compete for championships in your mind and in my mind it is a good thing you literally have zero to do with the actural football operations for the bears!!!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No I didn't.

We have no idea if cutlers development was stunted because he had trash at oline and WR during his early years here.

I'd like to not repeat that mistake with fields.
I think it was truly telling that Josh McDaniels as a first time HC wanted to get rid of a young QB on a rookie contract after he made a pro-bowl. I think it's real easy to just blame his lack of growth on the Bears but when the time came and they gave him the pieces, he did nothing with them.

There's no rule that QBs can't develop later in their careers. Just look at the flaws Cutler had. That's not because they didn't immediately surround him with talent. Talent doesn't keep someone from throwing 4 ints to one player and then with the benefit of hindsight, still be dumb enough to say you'd do it all over again. Dumb player. Worse leader.

To be fair, i do agree that i want to see Fields surrounded with talent. But i wont say that's where they failed with Cutler. I think Fields will give you more with less than any Chicago QBs of Bears past ever had. Thats what great players do and i think he'll be one.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is reason enough.

His success is key. He needs a #1 WR. What Arob wants is how much #1 WR's cost.

If you don't regain AROB then you need to find a #1 elsewhere. Zero way you can pull a cutler move on Fields. Load his offensive talent up so he has the best chance to succeed.
Gr8. Now that you've posted this, the bears will trade away Arob after this season and roll with Mooney as their #1....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Another thing to consider is the possibility Cole Kmet develops to fill that niche as a physical receiving option, which would partially render Allen Robinson II redundant. Bears will get a look at him and Darnell Mooney's sophomore progression before they need to make any big decision's with Robinson II.

After Anthony Miller and possibly Robinson II walk I'm pretty sure Ryan Pace or whoever is GM of the Bears will have wide receiver as by far the number one position to address in the 2022 off-season.

The move to tag Arob is great considering the circumstances. I like kmet too but anything can happen. Mooney could regress, kmet could end up not working out(to me, not likely).

I think it was truly telling that Josh McDaniels as a first time HC wanted to get rid of a young QB on a rookie contract after he made a pro-bowl. I think it's real easy to just blame his lack of growth on the Bears but when the time came and they gave him the pieces, he did nothing with them.

There's no rule that QBs can't develop later in their careers. Just look at the flaws Cutler had. That's not because they didn't immediately surround him with talent. Talent doesn't keep someone from throwing 4 ints to one player and then with the benefit of hindsight, still be dumb enough to say you'd do it all over again. Dumb player. Worse leader.

To be fair, i do agree that i want to see Fields surrounded with talent. But i wont say that's where they failed with Cutler. I think Fields will give you more with less than any Chicago QBs of Bears past ever had. Thats what great players do and i think he'll be one.

I agree cutler is very meh. He probably wouldn't work out even if he had alshon/marshall from the start like you said.

My point really was that they did give cutler trash at the start. That obviously doesn't help a QB. I'd like fields to have the least obstacles possible. Makes life easy when you have a guy you know you can count on to get open on 3rd down.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

When I think of surrounding Justin Fields with talent I think about first putting the best offensive line they can in front him, then putting in players with elite speed who can make the of his talents in the receiving game. The latter might not require investing in the best talent, just the right talent. That (to me at least) means the draft and lower-end free agents might be the way to address the receiver position in the mid-term.

I think you're right here, there's no use "forcing" Justin Fields to happen. Just give him the conditions for success and see what happens.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The point flew over your head.

When we traded for cutler and he started his development here he had no one.

Kind of like how fields would have no one if we got rid of Arob.
Cutler was who he was by the time the Bears got him, he didn't have a winners mentality. Hence, why he was the same QB he was with Marshall as he was with Hester as his #1. And why he didn't elevate the Vanderbilt program, etc.

IF Fields is a true winning QB, having a real #1 will mean little. I really don't view Hill as a #1 WR in KC. I feel like having adequate protection is more important.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Montucky

Liked Posts:
From the time Justin Fields starts taking snaps as the week-in-week-out starter it would not surprise me at all if Darnell Mooney significantly outproduces Allen Robinson II in the passing game. I wouldn't even rule out Anthony Miller doing so as well. With Dalton its a different story, though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When I think of surrounding Justin Fields with talent I think about first putting the best offensive line they can in front him, then putting in players with elite speed who can make the of his talents in the receiving game. The latter might not require investing in the best talent, just the right talent. That (to me at least) means the draft and lower-end free agents might be the way to address the receiver position in the mid-term.

I think you're right here, there's no use "forcing" Justin Fields to happen. Just give him the conditions for success and see what happens.
IMO the biggest question is Nagy and also Jenkins at LT. I don't think they have the most talented skill position group but i think they have enough to where you can't point at them and blame them for a QB not getting enough done. But thats just how it looks right now. Who knows how these guys look a few months from now. We've seen WRs open plenty of the past couple of years but no triggerman.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
IMO the biggest question is Nagy and also Jenkins at LT. I don't think they have the most talented skill position group but i think they have enough to where you can't point at them and blame them for a QB not getting enough done. But thats just how it looks right now. Who knows how these guys look a few months from now. We've seen WRs open plenty of the past couple of years but no triggerman.
I too am very wary of putting Teven Jenkins at left tackle. I know the Bears ultimately traded up to get him, but if he had real left tackle chops I don't think he would've fallen to the early-second round. But hey, maybe he just snuck through. After the Bears made that deal it kicked off a run on tackles that would've left the Bears with almost nothing to pick from had they held pat.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
From the time Justin Fields starts taking snaps as the week-in-week-out starter it would not surprise me at all if Darnell Mooney significantly outproduces Allen Robinson II in the passing game. I wouldn't even rule out Anthony Miller doing so as well. With Dalton its a different story, though.
FFS.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is 100 percent agreeable with me but while that is logical and objective why is he saying he is at the door of battle when battles are literally not really fought inside the inside of building but on a field rather and like football, it's played on a field so what is the door about and also why did he miss-spell it "doeee" shaking my head!
giphy.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its about profile. Justin Fields likes throwing to open receivers in stride, or at least he did at Ohio State. The kind of out routes and contested catch stuff Robinson II made his hay on over these last three seasons aren't going to be as compatible with Fields' strengths.

Meanwhile Darnell Mooney is almost exactly the type of player who Fields will be noticing downfield. Anthony Miller too if he can keep his emotions in check and stay focused. Doesn't necessarily make them better the Allen Robinson II, but it can make them more productive.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It would be such a Bears organization move if they somehow get two 1,000+ yard receivers (Arob and maybe Mooney) and then let Arob go. Why have two 1,000 yard receivers when you can have just one, right?

Also, Arob is more than just a possession receiver and they are going to need/want his size and strengths. IMO, you can't just have all small speed guys, you need a mix to be able to take advantage of the various defensive fronts.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It would be such a Bears organization move if they somehow get two 1,000+ yard receivers (Arob and maybe Mooney) and then let Arob go. Why have two 1,000 yard receivers when you can have just one, right?
Its a salary cap league. These number one receivers get paid an amount of money that is all too often disproportionate with their impact on the field. Ask the Browns how they feel about paying Odell Beckham Jr. these past couple of years.

Ideally you would like to keep all your good players around forever, but that's not how it works. Sometimes you gotta wave good bye because the resources are better spent elsewhere. The Bears certainly aren't so far below the cap that they can afford an Allen Robinson II contract to not work out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its about profile. Justin Fields likes throwing to open receivers in stride, or at least he did at Ohio State. The kind of out routes and contested catch stuff Robinson II made his hay on over these last three seasons aren't going to be as compatible with Fields' strengths.

Meanwhile Darnell Mooney is almost exactly the type of player who Fields will be noticing downfield. Anthony Miller too if he can keep his emotions in check and stay focused. Doesn't necessarily make them better the Allen Robinson II, but it can make them more productive.
Da Fuk are you talking about ? Fields top 2 targets were 6'1"+, 4.5-4.6+ guys. He didn't have a guy like Mooney on the team and unless he prefers throwing to the wrong spot Miller will be no where near enough to drop his passes.

Profile....I imagine the profile Fields is looking for is best WR and that isn't Miller or Mooney.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Da Fuk are you talking about ? Fields top 2 targets were 6'1"+, 4.5-4.6+ guys. He didn't have a guy like Mooney on the team and unless he prefers throwing to the wrong spot Miller will be no where near enough to drop his passes.

Profile....I imagine the profile Fields is looking for is best WR and that isn't Miller or Mooney.
You do know the athleticism of Big Ten defensive backs is significantly inferior to the pros right? Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson were dusting people left and right. 4.5 counts for a lot more in college than it does in the pros.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Also, Jameson Williams is a certified burner so I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.