Allen Robinson: When it's time to battle, I'm the first one at the doeee!!!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
what does this mean? because he's extended players that went on to probowls
What is says, Kyle Fuller? in 7 years how many players has he extended that are considered game changers? Mack trade/extension? Hicks. Of those extended, how many are his draft picks? Cody?

Defense he has done pretty well but I seriously cannot think of one offensive player he's drafted or even signed in free agency and then extended, in 7 years. Bobbie Massie? Was he extended? OH Leno.. there's one. Cody is the only one that was drafted by Pace and extended, right?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Da Fuk are you talking about ? Fields top 2 targets were 6'1"+, 4.5-4.6+ guys. He didn't have a guy like Mooney on the team and unless he prefers throwing to the wrong spot Miller will be no where near enough to drop his passes.

Profile....I imagine the profile Fields is looking for is best WR and that isn't Miller or Mooney.

I'm a huge Miller fanboi and think Mooney is great but I'd think Fields is going to prefer a pro in the build of Arob over those two but apparently you can just send anyone on a go route if you have an OL now and your rookie QB will thrive just fine. Just pick up a bunch of fast guys because you seen Fields throw some bombs and hit some dudes in stride, don't need to pay for route running or elite contested catch ability smh.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What is says, Kyle Fuller? in 7 years how many players has he extended that are considered game changers? Mack trade/extension? Hicks. Of those extended, how many are his draft picks? Cody?

Defense he has done pretty well but I seriously cannot think of one offensive player he's drafted or even signed in free agency and then extended, in 7 years. Bobbie Massie? Was he extended? OH Leno.. there's one. Cody is the only one that was drafted by Pace, right?
Charles Leno Jr. was a Phil Emery pick. Tarik Cohen is a player Pace drafted and then extended (then he tore his knee up, so it goes).

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Just pick up a bunch of fast guys because you seen Fields throw some bombs and hit some dudes in stride, don't need to pay for route running or elite contested catch ability smh.
Wow, even HeHateMe gets it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Charles Leno Jr. was a Phil Emery pick. Tarik Cohen is a player Pace drafted and then extended (then he tore his knee up, so it goes).
I know, OK I'll give you a reach with Cohen.. so three guys in 7 years. My point is you have a pro bowl caliber WR1 and you guys are like "LeTs jUsT gO dRaFt OnE"

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know, OK I'll give you a reach with Cohen.. so three guys in 7 years. My point is you have a pro bowl caliber WR1 and you guys are like "LeTs jUsT gO dRaFt OnE"
You have a guy who a Pro Bowl number one wide receiver right now. That's the crucial point here. At some point he's going to decline and I'd rather not the Bears be on a twenty million dollar hook when that time comes along. Bears got to enjoy Allen Robinson II through the prime of his twenties, shame they wasted it with Mitchell Trubisky. But that's not a cause to go shackling themselves to a corpse paying for past production.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Chicago Sun-Times' Jason Lieser reports Bears WR Allen Robinson plans to report to minicamp on Tuesday.​

Robinson didn't report to OTAs the past two weeks despite signing his $18 million franchise tag, bringing into question whether he'd hold out for the mandatory portion of Phase 3 workouts, too. Lieser reports otherwise as Robinson is expected to participate Tuesday-Thursday with the rest of the team before breaking away for a month prior to training camp. There's no denying Robinson, 28 in August, is disgruntled at the organization's lack of commitment in him long-term, but this development is still terrific news for his outlook from Justin Fields, the best quarterback the former will have ever played with the moment Andy Dalton is benched.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Was Patterson extended after an initial 1 year contract? That was a mistake but I think that's right lol

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I'm not understanding this did he miss-spell the word "door" or is this a intentional sort of spelling that endears him to certain people versus those who acturally spell things correctly as much as possible with purpose to avoid communicating confusion in their messaging? Are there clues inside the video linked inside this tweet as well?

battling doeeeeees

2alsheimer00048821dsc4661_0.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have a guy who a Pro Bowl number one wide receiver right now. That's the crucial point here. At some point he's going to decline and I'd rather not the Bears be on a twenty million dollar hook when that time comes along. Bears got to enjoy Allen Robinson II through the prime of his twenties, shame they wasted it with Mitchell Trubisky. But that's not a cause to go shackling themselves to a corpse paying for past production.
He's going on 28. He missed a year with ACL and the next year healing (yes I get he played but was not 100%) this IS his prime.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Defense he has done pretty well but I seriously cannot think of one offensive player he's drafted or even signed in free agency and then extended, in 7 years. Bobbie Massie? Was he extended? OH Leno.. there's one. Cody is the only one that was drafted by Pace and extended, right?
The Bear are like many NFL teams....the Bears have been favored on the defensive side of the ball and weak on the offensive side...
Pace has extended some game changers

Pace's main crime is not picking the right QB...if he selects Mahomes we are talking about enshrining Pace in the Bears HoF.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Allen Robinson is 27 and you are concerned about his decline. I don't even care if we try to replace him with cheaper options, but his decline is the least of my concerns.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I too am very wary of putting Teven Jenkins at left tackle. I know the Bears ultimately traded up to get him, but if he had real left tackle chops I don't think he would've fallen to the early-second round. But hey, maybe he just snuck through. After the Bears made that deal it kicked off a run on tackles that would've left the Bears with almost nothing to pick from had they held pat.
Unlike many here, i wont pretend to know how to evaluate lineman. But i do find it alarming when most scouts and people who cover the draft don't view him as a LT. Like you said, a real LT wouldn't fall that far. It doesn't feel like real LTs have that same random draft fall like other positions.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He's going on 28. He missed a year with ACL and the next year healing (yes I get he played but was not 100%) this IS his prime.
Right, and he's under team control for it. I'm willing to sacrifice his age twenty-nine season to be spent elsewhere if it means the Bears don't run the risk of having to pay him through miserable production in his thirties, which we should all admit is a distinct possibility.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Right, and he's under team control for it. I'm willing to sacrifice his age twenty-nine season to be spent elsewhere if it means the Bears don't run the risk of having to pay him through miserable production in his thirties, which we should all admit is a distinct possibility.

They could tag him again

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unlike many here, i wont pretend to know how to evaluate lineman. But i do find it alarming when most scouts and people who cover the draft don't view him as a LT. Like you said, a real LT wouldn't fall that far. It doesn't feel like real LTs have that same random draft fall like other positions.
Especially considering his draft profile and scouting report. If this were Sam Cosmi I'd be a little more receptive to the idea of left tackle since that's basically the type of prospect Sam Cosmi is. But Teven Jenkins isn't really supposed to be a boom/bust guy, and I feel like by forcing him to play left tackle they've turned him into one.

But if it works out that's your guy for the next ten years, so fuck it why not give it a try.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see them try just to see the reaction.

well if they dont want the assumed declining years of a massive contract, its the way to go.