Allen Robinson: When it's time to battle, I'm the first one at the doeee!!!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
well if they dont want the assumed declining years of a massive contract, its the way to go.
The only way he's signing the tender is if he has a season so bad or so injury-ridden that you wouldn't want to offer him the tag anyways. If he could do it all over I doubt he would've signed it this year.

I'm fine just letting him walk. Tag-and-trade isn't realistic next year when he's a year older.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The only way he's signing the tender is if he has a season so bad or so injury-ridden that you wouldn't want to offer him the tag anyways. If he could do it all over I doubt he would've signed it this year.

I'm fine just letting him walk. Tag-and-trade isn't realistic next year when he's a year older.

Too many variables to just letting him walk.

If Moonwalker takes a step up, plus Cole etc etc, okay you can let him walk and probably sign a cheaper wr in free agency with some upside. perhaps look for another in rd 3 or 4 next year too.

IF not, you probably tag the man again if a deal isnt worked out. Maybe they target a different 1 in FA, but you cant leave Fields without a true 1 while hes developing. If Fields was franchise level, then okay, let him develop a wr... until then, dont impede his growth..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, and he's under team control for it. I'm willing to sacrifice his age twenty-nine season to be spent elsewhere if it means the Bears don't run the risk of having to pay him through miserable production in his thirties, which we should all admit is a distinct possibility.
And you’re replacing his production, with who? You’re willing to g hedge bets on who after Mooney? The market next season isn’t exactly enticing.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And you’re replacing his production, with who? You’re willing to g hedge bets on who after Mooney? The market next season isn’t exactly enticing.
Draft and develop. Guys come out of nowhere all the time in the NFL, if at this time last year anyone would've described Darnell Mooney the same way they do today they'd have been laughed at. And if all else fails the Bears have a second round pick next year and recent history has been pretty kind to receivers drafted in the second round.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing if they did let him walk and couldn't get Godwin, they'd go with someone like Gallup and draft a wr in rd 2. Try to have a really good group moreso than a high end guy

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing if they did let him walk and couldn't get Godwin, they'd go with someone like Gallup and draft a wr in rd 2. Try to have a really good group moreso than a high end guy

I like Gallup. Would be cheaper than Arob, but not cheap.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but needs at cb , safety, ILB and end when Hicks leaves.
Draft and develop. Guys come out of nowhere all the time in the NFL, if at this time last year anyone would've described Darnell Mooney the same way they do today they'd have been laughed at. And if all else fails the Bears have a second round pick next year and recent history has been pretty kind to receivers drafted in the second round.
Right. The bears must not know where this pipeline is, who is the last bears receiver worth a shit drafted in rd 2, Alshon lol? This is what I’m talking about.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Right. The bears must not know where this pipeline is, who is the last bears receiver worth a shit drafted in rd 2, Alshon lol? This is what I’m talking about.

Yeah needs at CB and OLB would be my target in rd 2 next year. Unless Desai can sprinkle fairy dust on Quinn, but as is, F him. However, who knows what will be on the board in rd 2. WR may be BPA and a need, depending on how things shake out.

If Im spending money in FA on Defense, Im taking honey badger and filling that Safety need.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller goes to a franchise that doesn't specialize in psychological torture for wide receivers and he'd have put together a nice little NFL career for himself by now. But either way, yes there is risk in draft picks. Just like there is risk in signing Allen Robinson to get paid twenty-something million dollars in his thirties. Personally I'd rather risk the draft pick and keep the financial flexibility for a truly elite talent down the road.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Yeah they've got a lot of issues SS and ILB you can probably fill with 1 year stop gap players that are good enough pretty cheap in FA. They need to address CB1 in some fashion. Hicks previous level of production will be hard to replace, but they can likely get a rotational player fairly cheap in FA. OLB needs to be addressed and it'd nice to have another TE and do more work on the OL

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah they've got a lot of issues SS and ILB you can probably fill with 1 year stop gap players that are good enough pretty cheap in FA. They need to address CB1 in some fashion. Hicks previous level of production will be hard to replace, but they can likely get a rotational player fairly cheap in FA. OLB needs to be addressed and it'd nice to have another TE and do more work on the OL
I think they are betting on Jaylon Johnson taking that next step to become a top flight cornerback this year. Strong safety and inside linebacker can be addressed with later round picks and/or bargain bin free agents, not worried about that at all.

The big one I think is edge rusher. Bears just do not generate pressure like they used to.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think they are betting on Jaylon Johnson taking that next step to become a top flight cornerback this year. Strong safety and inside linebacker can be addressed with later round picks and/or bargain bin free agents, not worried about that at all.

The big one I think is edge rusher. Bears just do not generate pressure like they used to.
I dont trust JJ to be a CB1. I like him fine and think he'll be pretty good, but I'd like a cb1 that takes a wr1 out of the game. I don't think he'll develop into that personally

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Extend, not tag. Thanks for reading though. Name one player he's extended that has upside as a game changer.
Fuller
Goldman
Hicks
Jackson

Our offense sucks so that really isn’t an option yet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont trust JJ to be a CB1. I like him fine and think he'll be pretty good, but I'd like a cb1 that takes a wr1 out of the game. I don't think he'll develop into that personally
It’s a big jump for him and a lot to ask.

I think he can 100% can, but it is a big jump from a good rookie year and a trip to IR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would offer Robinson the extension that Keenan Allen just signed

4 years 80 million/50 guranteed

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do understand it, thanks.

He could be battling DBs in OTAs with his two new QBs but he isn't. The only starter on offense to not be there. No one is upset, i'm just pointing out that he isn't that first one at the doeee. This is the point. You can't point at Robinson and say he's the first one in and last one out when he's literally not showing up when other people are. That's his choice and its fine. Questionable, but fine. But its dumb timing for that tweet and if you want to relate games to battles, then maybe his talk about battle shouldn't include video of him training on his own and instead videos of him dominating during real games. Blame him for the bad analogy, not me.

You are chosing to redefine his use of the term in a way he obviously did not intend. ARob doesnt know you. He doesnt use words or analogies in a way that suits your narrative. He uses words or analogies based on his understanding.

It is quite obvious his use of the term battle was not meant to reference OTAs so you are being disingenuous interpreting it that way.

The video of him training again was to show he is preparing for battle. It was not to suggest the battle was already here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wonder if he can somehow catch up to all the guys that didn't abandon their battle mates at OTA's. Hopefully, he can get on the same page and at least be an secondary or tertiary option for Fields by midseason.
My understanding is ARob was disheartened by the fact Anytime misconstrued his battle reference and as an act of good faith decided to report.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Well baby I've been here before
I've seen this room, and I've walked this floor
I used to, live alone be-fore I knew ya

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You are chosing to redefine his use of the term in a way he obviously did not intend. ARob doesnt know you. He doesnt use words or analogies in a way that suits your narrative. He uses words or analogies based on his understanding.

It is quite obvious his use of the term battle was not meant to reference OTAs so you are being disingenuous interpreting it that way.

The video of him training again was to show he is preparing for battle. It was not to suggest the battle was already here.
God, you're boring.

I'm redefining his use of a term and he uses words or analogies based on his understandings. Ok. Se lets just ignore the language that we all have agreed to use. Sounds like critical race theory professors in 2021, redefining words for their own purpose.

Also, if these are words based on his understanding, then why are you here trying to tell me what he means by it all? Do you know Allen Robinson? How do you know what he means? How do you understand what someone means when they're using their own interpretation of words and analogies?

How about we just stick to the original point of the thread, that the guy isn't the first at the doeee. Thanks.