hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The Hammer trade wasn't bad. Hammer has alot of miles on him and Murphy is the better player currently and could be even better if they let him play a semblance of his actual game here.

That might be the only even up trade Blowman has made in the dump years.
At the time it was a knee jerk reaction to a failed post season. But I agree with you, Hammer didn’t have much left, and if he was retained by the Hawks, we would all most likely be throwing our hands up in the air criticizing Bowman for signing a player with zero treads left in his tires.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hammer trade wasn't bad. Hammer has alot of miles on him and Murphy is the better player currently and could be even better if they let him play a semblance of his actual game here.

That might be the only even up trade Blowman has made in the dump years.
Hammer is still one of the best defensive D-men in the league when healthy but he has been gettin' dinged up after blocking a million shots. I like Murph too,younger,cheaper and tougher but he seems to have left the last part in AZ.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks are getting the 17/18 Zadorov who averaged almost 20 minutes a game and led the league with 278 hits and most concussions given, the Hawks won the trade, hands down. He was a legit second pairing guy who trucked everyone coming home into the zone and was a game changer in a sense you had to know when he was on the ice.

In open ice, Zadorov is a scary guy. In close quarters, he's a pylon. He doesn't play the cycle well and has tunnel vision looking for the big hit. His game is all about hitting. He routinely gets outta place looking to crush somebody and more then regularly is in a corner when the other team scores in front of the net.

But, in 17/18, his positives outweighed his negatives. His perfect partner would be Boqvist if Boqvist can develop into the guy who can move the puck once Zadorov knocks a puck carrier into the second row.

The Av's play a more possession type of game, they didn't need him. It just makes me wonder what type of system the Hawks are gonna implement this year with the type of players they brought in and if the dump and chase is actually gonna be brought back.

Because one thing is sure, the run and gun pond hockey strong style isn't gonna bring alot of wins

Not so sure this trade panned out like you planned.

Your #calledit history is severely lacking.

Maybe spend more time actually watching hockey than making up fake rummors about Toews' health status.

Bust

Liked Posts:
This whole thread is full of Ooooops posts from the usual doom and gloom posters!

??????

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What kind of fuckin' idiot spikes the football at the 40 yard line?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
This whole thread is full of Ooooops posts from the usual doom and gloom posters!

??????

Yep, sad state of this board. Lots of old hockey boomers that don't appreciate the evolution of the game. Wonder which prospect they will choose to hate next while their heroes of yesteryear continue to hang them up/die off.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a single one of you 'I told you so' fucks predicted a good season and that's a fact!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yep, sad state of this board. Lots of old hockey boomers that don't appreciate the evolution of the game. Wonder which prospect they will choose to hate next while their heroes of yesteryear continue to hang them up/die off.

Yep. Team wins 3 cups and these doom and gloom guys think it's automatic.

Look at the most recent cup winners. St. Louis Blues one and done. Washington Capitals one and done. The most talented roster in the NHL thanks to the expansion draft rules, Vegas Golden Knights, zero cups.

We won't even get into comparing the Blackhawks vs the rest of the pro teams in Chicago, heh

?????

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. Team wins 3 cups and these doom and gloom guys think it's automatic.

Look at the most recent cup winners. St. Louis Blues one and done. Washington Capitals one and done. The most talented roster in the NHL thanks to the expansion draft rules, Vegas Golden Knights, zero cups.

We won't even get into comparing the Blackhawks vs the rest of the pro teams in Chicago, heh

?????

But lets focus and complain on a 20 year old dman that was thrust onto the big club because of injuries to Seabrook and De Haan and cry about any little thing he does wrong while still contributing more offensively than any dman on the team... pretty crazy!