American Football>>Any sport in the world

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Late night n got in an arguement with some guys about what the greatest sport is. I said no doubt in my mind American football is the most intense euphoric crazy sport in the world. I had the usual bandwagon hockey fabs bitching that hockey is the best (95% of hawks fans r on their phone over half the game), soccer fans lol( bc its Popular) and a rugby fan( bc its tough).

I honestly laughed at everyone. Hockey fans are fad fans, did anyone even give a crap abot the blackhawks 10 yrs ago? One of my friends did n to this day I say he's the only real fan I know. Soccer? They chant n wave flags half the game bc they.are bored n need to stay.occupied.

There is not one sport(maybe ping pong) where something can happen so swiftly to change the dynamic of the game. Football is a game od chess, which is one of the many reasons I love it. Such a great game.

Go bears. Thoughts? Opinions? Disagreements?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the US its football for sure. The rest of the world is futbol, or soccer for the layperson.

I love both but only love watching football. I could play soccer for an entire day but can only stand to watch about 35 minutes unless it's a really intense match.

What are you defining as best? I saw you laughed at soccer because it's popular. Well, it's popular because so many people in the world love it and think it's the best sport in the world.

Last edited:

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
I enjoy watching all kinds of sports: Football, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Ping Pong, Darts (I do not like Baseball and Hockey though)

The difference is: Football is the only sport where I´m highly emotional (probably way too much) and can easily turn into freak out mode. I´m pretty calm in all other sports unless I placed a bet. (in that case even watching ballet could turn into a nerve killer :D)

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the thread title is hilarious. "AMERICAN football > any sport in the WORLD."

Clearly that's not the case. We play the universal game (soccer), and no one else plays american football.

Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, even rugby are played all over the world. American football may be > any sport in America (in our eyes), but saying it is > any sport in the world is just silly.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I believe it is the greatest sport in the world.
BUT, since there are only 32 teams, and since the game is so brutal that there are only 16 games per year, I can see why it does not translate well around the world.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This argument(discussion) is always goofy and there is no "right" answer. Hockey, Soccer(futbol) and American football all can make a great case. It's just silly to argue with people that have their own preference.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thoughts? Opinions? Disagreements?

It's all subjective. Personally I love both football games (American football and what the rest of the world calls football) more than any other sports. I can't put one above the other, they're both awesome to me. I can't stand baseball but I'm not going to tell a baseball fanatic that their sport sucks, because obviously it doesn't since it's giving it's hardcore fans just as much excitement and joy as football and soccer give me.

I'm unsurprised that you see it as something objective though, desperado. If your arguments to your friends were anything close to as inane as your arguments on here, I'd be surprised if they didn't tie you up to a street light and drive away.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Don't forget basketball...the sport has exploded globally since the 90s, much of which is because of Jordan. (Cue the "That's a pussy sport" false narrative)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What is this, your diary?

Mocking other sports makes you sound insecure and immature.

People like what they like. What difference should it make to you?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Late night n got in an arguement with some guys about what the greatest sport is. I said no doubt in my mind American football is the most intense euphoric crazy sport in the world. I had the usual bandwagon hockey fabs bitching that hockey is the best (95% of hawks fans r on their phone over half the game), soccer fans lol( bc its Popular) and a rugby fan( bc its tough).

I honestly laughed at everyone. Hockey fans are fad fans, did anyone even give a crap abot the blackhawks 10 yrs ago? One of my friends did n to this day I say he's the only real fan I know. Soccer? They chant n wave flags half the game bc they.are bored n need to stay.occupied.

There is not one sport(maybe ping pong) where something can happen so swiftly to change the dynamic of the game. Football is a game od chess, which is one of the many reasons I love it. Such a great game.

Go bears. Thoughts? Opinions? Disagreements?

I love football. It is my favorite sport. I loathe soccer, at least watching. However, if we're talking world, it's gotta be soccer. Anyone who denies it is proving why other countries think America is a bunch of self-centered elitists.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's all subjective. Personally I love both football games (American football and what the rest of the world calls football) more than any other sports. I can't put one above the other, they're both awesome to me. I can't stand baseball but I'm not going to tell a baseball fanatic that their sport sucks, because obviously it doesn't since it's giving it's hardcore fans just as much excitement and joy as football and soccer give me.

I'm unsurprised that you see it as something objective though, desperado. If your arguments to your friends were anything close to as inane as your arguments on here, I'd be surprised if they didn't tie you up to a street light and drive away.

LMAO, sometimes I feel I'm the only one that loves baseball. I have a more difficult time keeping up with it like I used to, but baseball is my second favorite sport, and used to be my first until I discovered football.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that you made this a thread shows that you are pretty insecure about this. I love football, but I love soccer just as much. I like college bball too. I don't care that much about the NBA, but I get as emotionally invested in Illinois basketball as I do the Chicago Bears. Same with my soccer teams. I don't really like baseball, but won't bash the ones who still like it. I honestly would rather watch and play golf than be involved with baseball. I would like to see the Cubs win a world series though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Rice is the most popular food in the world. That doesn't make it the best food in the world.

Except he contends american football is the most "intense, crazy, euphoric" sport in the world. With all the soccer hooligans and riots that break out at soccer games, I'd have to disagree. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
'Cricket is for losers!'

BearDownUnder

Liked Posts:
I play rugby and the difference between rugby and american football is football each position is really specific. In rugby you play offense and defense and you also need a lot more aerobic fitness because the game doesnt stop for 40 seconds between each play. American football you need more explosive speed and power rather than aerobic fitness. The debate about which is tougher is a stupid one, American football you can hit players without the ball which is illegal in rugby and so is blocking. Some hits in American football would also be classed as illegal in rugby such as shoulder charges. In rugby you must wrap your arms when you tackle and you cant tackle above the neck. Obviously rugby uses minimal pading and no helmets

p.s I wouldnt mind some rugby players teaching the Bears defense how to tackle, whenever I watch NFL I always comment on how bad tacklers are in the NFL

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you guys better stop giving desperado shit about this, he may end up being right.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I play rugby and the difference between rugby and american football is football each position is really specific. In rugby you play offense and defense and you also need a lot more aerobic fitness because the game doesnt stop for 40 seconds between each play. American football you need more explosive speed and power rather than aerobic fitness. The debate about which is tougher is a stupid one, American football you can hit players without the ball which is illegal in rugby and so is blocking. Some hits in American football would also be classed as illegal in rugby such as shoulder charges. In rugby you must wrap your arms when you tackle and you cant tackle above the neck. Obviously rugby uses minimal pading and no helmets

p.s I wouldnt mind some rugby players teaching the Bears defense how to tackle, whenever I watch NFL I always comment on how bad tacklers are in the NFL

I think it has more to do with the downsize of full contact practices nowadays.