analytics-experts-have-big-concerns-with-bears-pass-protection

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
My knee jerk reaction always used to be blocking people is for pussies… but honestly, some people on this board really should do it for mental health reasons.

Anyways…. I didn’t realize camp was only 10 days away! This summer has flown by so far for me. Looking forward to this camp way more than any in a long time.
Yes. Camp can't get here soon enough so there can be football talk instead of stupid bickering over nothing

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on if he thinks Fields is a franchise QB or not. If Fields was drafted #2 and the Bears made the same trade for Wilson, i would bitch about it because i don't believe in Wilson. Justin Fields was literally the only player they could have drafted to keep me from being 100% negative on this team. There are always positives but do those even matter when they don't add up to anything meaningful? It's about winning. Real winning. Bears haven't done it in a really long time.
Not that I have a dog in this fight but he was on record pre-draft as having Fields either as his 1st or 2nd QB in the entire draft and to top it off was also on record saying he’d be happy with Jenkins at 20.

Now he’s discouraged (to say the least) at the price it took to acquire two of his favorite prospects. Either trade in a vacuum were fair when weighing the price others have payed to make similar moves. It’s the accumulation of Pace’s spending of draft capitol and the moving TJ to LT that’s got him bummed.

However, had we missed out on Fields and kept Leno to play TJ at RT he’d probably be bummed about that as well. Or if Pace stands pat he may have had Darrisaw and Trask/Mond and next years 1st and he’d still more than likely be bummed about that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have no idea how this oline is going to perform. Everyone should have concerns. Unless you have a proven oline that performed well last season and brought back a majority of its players of course you should be concerned.

There are too many "writers and analysts" that state the obvious and people high five and congratulate themselves for pretend insight.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My knee jerk reaction always used to be blocking people is for pussies… but honestly, some people on this board really should do it for mental health reasons.

Anyways…. I didn’t realize camp was only 10 days away! This summer has flown by so far for me. Looking forward to this camp way more than any in a long time.
I think of it like this: Some people are trying to piss you off, if for no reason than to get their kicks and jollies at you being pissed off, and since you're not in person, there's no recourse. It's that old adage about never wrestling a pig in the mud; you'll just get dirty and the pigs like it. So I don't hesitate with the block button.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not that I have a dog in this fight but he was on record pre-draft as having Fields either as his 1st or 2nd QB in the entire draft and to top it off was also on record saying he’d be happy with Jenkins at 20.

Now he’s discouraged (to say the least) at the price it took to acquire two of his favorite prospects. Either trade in a vacuum were fair when weighing the price others have payed to make similar moves. It’s the accumulation of Pace’s spending of draft capitol and the moving TJ to LT that’s got him bummed.

However, had we missed out on Fields and kept Leno to play TJ at RT he’d probably be bummed about that as well. Or if Pace stands pat he may have had Darrisaw and Trask/Mond and next years 1st and he’d still more than likely be bummed about that.
You can like players and still be upset at what it cost to get them or what the teams plan is moving forward with them. I guess it depends on if you value picks more than that individual player. ESPN thinks the Bears gave up a lot for Fields. PFF thinks they got a steal at that price.

I actually agree with him on the Jenkins pessimism. I liked him as a prospect but them putting him at LT is a big question mark. I've said im no expert on OL play but when the consensus seems to be that he isn't an LT, it's concerning, especially when its from these offensive coaches who have a lot to prove this season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that’s not living in the future, that’s making a sarcastic comment.

Ohhh what game are we playing?
Nice save. A "sarcastic comment".

We're playing the game called you say something stupid and get called out for it and then argue in circles for hours instead of just admitting it was a dumb comment". Terrible game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes. Camp can't get here soon enough so there can be football talk instead of stupid bickering over nothing
Until they win a Super Bowl, there is going to be arguing and a lot of it. Camp never changed that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nice save. A "sarcastic comment".

We're playing the game called you say something stupid and get called out for it and then argue in circles for hours instead of just admitting it was a dumb comment". Terrible game.
Ok……..

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Until they win a Super Bowl, there is going to be arguing and a lot of it. Camp never changed that.
But I'll at least have real news to read about things happening on the field. Instead of exactly this thread. This thread makes me not want to check this board until next week. People arguing over whether someone is too pessimistic or not. Who gives a shit. Agree or disagree and move on

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have no idea how this oline is going to perform. Everyone should have concerns. Unless you have a proven oline that performed well last season and brought back a majority of its players of course you should be concerned.

There are too many "writers and analysts" that state the obvious and people high five and congratulate themselves for pretend insight.
I suspect we all have concerns. A lot revolves around TJ but the musical chairs of last year should be over. Even with injuries, current starters shouldn't be changing positions... outside of TJ. I think he can handle it at least as well as Leno in overall play but fingers crossed.

Last year Castillo thought he could make Ifedi a VG G and he just never acclimated inside and that's putting it kindly. That he had to move outside and Whitehair move over was a blessing in disguise. Daniels back, Whithair and Ifedi at their best spots and a stronger Mustifer who looks natural and smart at center gives me some optimism but both Ts are far from slam dunks. Ifedi has experience there and looked good at RT but it was a short stint and we have not seen TJ play in this league.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
How can someone "ruin happiness" on a message board? It isn't serious. It's for the lulz. If another poster bothers you that much put them on ignore and enjoy the rest of your day.
i assume the same way we do it for halftime when we are excited for an upcoming season. it sure seems to throw him for a mix.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It means nothing to this team but that wasn't his point. He's been on this board 7 years. The Bears have won absolutely nothing during those 7 years. A poster stating that he would be negative if his favorite team won all of their games and a Super Bowl, is based on absolutely nothing. How does someone come to this conclusion when we have no evidence to suggest it? Not to mention common sense tells us that a Bears fan who spends his free time talking about the Bears would be pretty damn happy if they did nothing but win games and a championship.

If the Bears win a couple playoff games and he acts negative about it, then you have something to go on. But nothing that we've watched the past decade has suggested that to be the case. They're a loser organization. They will be one until they aren't one. This isn't living in the past. This is simply calling something for what it is because our history is apart of us.

So again, it's not about the Bears history, it's about halftimes history in reaction to the Bears winning(something they dont do) and losing(something they do all the time).
this has literally nothing to do with me, like at all, i don’t comment on the Bears going undefeated and winning the SB, that was polish sausage

my whole interaction with half time started with me asking him why he feels the need to “balance out BS” if it’s really BS

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I won't be happy if they go undefeated and win the Super Bowl. Doesn't put any money in my pocket. Fuck em.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Holy crap what a fucking cesspool this thread has turned into. Just block the people you don't like.
The same people who say only thin skinned posters block people are the same ones who constantly complain about the posters in every thread… ?

CubandBear

Liked Posts:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I usually just look at just Page 1 of any thread because the probability that the rest is filled with posters commenting on each other is > 50%
I used to enjoy the camaraderie and news this forum brought.
The last couple of years it seems that we have lost this positive aspect and people just get on here to squabble

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I usually just look at just Page 1 of any thread because the probability that the rest is filled with posters commenting on each other is > 50%
I used to enjoy the camaraderie and news this forum brought.
The last couple of years it seems that we have lost this positive aspect and people just get on here to squabble
100%

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suspect we all have concerns. A lot revolves around TJ but the musical chairs of last year should be over. Even with injuries, current starters shouldn't be changing positions... outside of TJ. I think he can handle it at least as well as Leno in overall play but fingers crossed.

Last year Castillo thought he could make Ifedi a VG G and he just never acclimated inside and that's putting it kindly. That he had to move outside and Whitehair move over was a blessing in disguise. Daniels back, Whithair and Ifedi at their best spots and a stronger Mustifer who looks natural and smart at center gives me some optimism but both Ts are far from slam dunks. Ifedi has experience there and looked good at RT but it was a short stint and we have not seen TJ play in this league.
The big concerns have to be the tackle position. The Bears were subpar at best and bad at times last year. There is no guarantee they will be better. The left tackle position has to be a major concern.

It could very well turn out to be an absolute disaster and totally sink this teams shot at an offense.

There is just no way to know how this is going to turn out. The Bears are basically rolling the dice that a draft choice is going to handle the most important position on this line at this point.