Analytics

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Never believed in this math telling a manager what he should do, Just look at our Sox and now the Tampa Bay team. Snell is pitching like a madman gives up a second hit and he's gone. What about knowing your personal in making those moves? Even us amateurs wouldn't make a move like that. Just hope the Sox don't hire any new hocus pocus manager like them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if that is intentionally targeted at La Russa, lol,

I agree about the world series. To me the Hendricks pull was just as bad, but with Snell you also had better optics and situation down 3-2, high velocity pitcher getting strike outs...

Analytics? Mookie was 0-2 with two strike-outs TODAY...thats all you should see at that point. 9 strike-outs with 70 pitches...dude is going 7 minimum, and you should try to push 110-115 pitches!!?? What the fuck, I had the underdog so I was so pissed off. There bullpen has not warranted that trust either...I just couldn't wrap my mind around why a second hit single would trigger such a move, when a staff ace has the game in their hands and is rolling with good stuff. Thats the thing...good stuff. How does a baseball guy not know that? Snell is washed out from a game 7 no matter what. There is no reason for that.

At the pinnacle of the game...I mean that moment crowned a champion. Just can't happen. But even though La Russa started this bullpen dance shit, I never took him to even be a baseball moron like Madden proved to be.

Like he gets it, both baseball and the power of analystics, and when to trust his gut and baseball instincts. Thats what made him a great one, and why Madden got lucky. The Rays might have just given away a World Series, La Russa always clawed you tooth and nail for everything. He never gave in, used every detail to his advantage.

He's a great manager.