Anthony Adams advice for bears offense

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

“Just throw away half of the playbook,” Adams said, literally. “You look at an offensive players playbook, and that thing weighs 50 pounds. Get it down to 25 pounds. Get it to something where, the offensive line, they love mauling people. Give them an offense where they can maul somebody, where they can double team the nose, double team the three technique, on up to the linebacker. Run some powers, get back to the nitty gritty, put a fullback in there and go ‘I’ formation. Go goal line on the 20 yard line and make sure we are going to run the ball. We’re going to run power, we’re going to run trap, counter.

“All the bread and butter. Get back to the smash mouth, snot in your nose football. Get back to the basics. Then, everything else will open up. Once you establish that run game, teams got to respect it. They have to. Then that’s going to open up the play action.”

“The offense is sputtering,” he said. “Sometimes we move the ball well when we absolutely need to, but sometimes we go three and out. We haven’t been able to run the ball as effectively as we normally would, which kind of allows teams to peel their ears back and just go ‘I know the Bears aren’t going to run on me and if they do run, they’re going to try and run with Cordarrelle Patterson and it’s not going to work. We’ve seen that a billion times. Teams are making us one dimensional. The fact that we’re not going down the field with that, because we can’t, we’re not getting the protection that we need to. A lot of teams are peeling their ears back and trying to rush the passer to get to our quarterback.”

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pssh, what an idiot. Nagy wasn't brought here to run I-formation.

Apparently, he was brought here to have the worst offense in the league. Running the I, a staple of football, is beneath the visor.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally Everyone: ...The easiest proven way to beat the Green Bay Packers for the last 3 years is with a ball controlling run game and getting after Rodgers when he drops back. The GB defense is built and designed to go after the QB.
Nagy: .... So I’ve devised this new order to call the same pass plays that I normally call, that will totally work this time against the Packers’ D.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Literally Everyone: ...The easiest proven way to beat the Green Bay Packers for the last 3 years is with a ball controlling run game and getting after Rodgers when he drops back. The GB defense is built and designed to go after the QB.
Nagy: .... So I’ve devised this new order to call the same pass plays that I normally call, that will totally work this time against the Packers’ D.
The first game of Nagy's career was him doing exactly what you suggest in the first half then totally abandoning it and going off the rails in the second half to Be You-land. Wound up being perfectly emblematic of the Matt Nagy-era Bears.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
The first game of Nagy's career was him doing exactly what you suggest in the first half then totally abandoning it and going off the rails in the second half to Be You-land. Wound up being perfectly emblematic of the Matt Nagy-era Bears.
Before this week of games bears were actually first in the league in pass attempts. I've always hated how pass happy Nagy has been no matter what the score is. Also since the bears line sucks let's do long developing passing plays trick plays or run 5 wide. Let's not simply the offense for our back up o lineman. Freaking genius.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
RB has a good run? Send him straight to the bench. Wish he was already fired but I don't think the Mccaskeys have ever fired a head coach mid season have they?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wtf is adams thinking....the BHVWGHC ran the ball with mitch under center the first 2.5 games .....that opened things up for the pass for the rest of the season

Get a grip Spice!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao at relying on Charles Leno to maul someone.
Not trying to be mean, but he did a good job when it was more power type game with Howard....all this zone stunt, pull shit isn't working for any of them

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just throw away the entire playbook. And the shitbird that owns the playbook with it. E A S Y

mecha

Liked Posts:
RB has a good run? Send him straight to the bench. Wish he was already fired but I don't think the Mccaskeys have ever fired a head coach mid season have they?

RBs are so under utilized in this offense they don't even need spellbacks. it's not like they're sitting out downs to rest... no, the BHVHSDGKSGKSHSHETOWUET is like "lol, run plays"

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the offense blows again
I would fire nagy instantly
Idk why hes still here anyway

As much as it pains me to say it, I honestly hope we get embarrassed by Green Bay. I mean, we all have to know that this season is a lost cause. The only way to have a chance to salvage shit going forward is to be rid of Nagy. Nagy is not the answer. Everyone knows it. :(

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Honestly, you saw a lot of what he was describing in the first half of the Game against the Vikes, and then the just stopped doing it. They got stuffed on a couple of plays with CP and Nall, and immediately panicked and went to the pitch plays and WR screens.

CP is not a RB (even though he admittedly had a very good game if you include his KO return a couple of decent runs and an important 3rd down catch) , and Miller actually showed a little burst, not sure about the rookie yet not enough snaps for him.

Nagy since day one has outsmarted himself by going back to the things that are not working and abandoning the run no matter the situation. Even when the run game is working the first sign of a slow down, he pulls the plug and makes himself one dimensional.

Someone else brought it up also on another thread that the RPO puts the linemen in no mans land. They can not really fire off the ball because if they get too far down field they are penalized, and they can't pass protect, because if they give up space then the RB gets tackled in the backfield..... Our Guys don't have enough talent to be guessing what technique they should be using on any given play.

Make it a simple option, go to the line with either a running or passing play, and if it is changed, do it before the ball is snapped and let everyone know, crowd noise is not an issue to communicate.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Honestly, you saw a lot of what he was describing in the first half of the Game against the Vikes, and then the just stopped doing it. They got stuffed on a couple of plays with CP and Nall, and immediately panicked and went to the pitch plays and WR screens.

CP is not a RB (even though he admittedly had a very good game if you include his KO return a couple of decent runs and an important 3rd down catch) , and Miller actually showed a little burst, not sure about the rookie yet not enough snaps for him.

Nagy since day one has outsmarted himself by going back to the things that are not working and abandoning the run no matter the situation. Even when the run game is working the first sign of a slow down, he pulls the plug and makes himself one dimensional.

Someone else brought it up also on another thread that the RPO puts the linemen in no mans land. They can not really fire off the ball because if they get too far down field they are penalized, and they can't pass protect, because if they give up space then the RB gets tackled in the backfield..... Our Guys don't have enough talent to be guessing what technique they should be using on any given play.

Make it a simple option, go to the line with either a running or passing play, and if it is changed, do it before the ball is snapped and let everyone know, crowd noise is not an issue to communicate.

Completely baffling that they went away from more traditional runs in the 2nd half. The run game was actually solid in the first half. They were having success. Actually a lot of success moving the ball. Would have looked even better if Foles capitalized on what was given to him. Hitting graham in the end zone or seeing Mooney flash over the middle in the red zone in the 1st qtr comes to mind. But as usual, the bears offense shot themselves in the foot, and completely went away from what was working. The bears not only have to defeat the opposing defense, that would be too simple. They also have to beat themselves just to make things fun. Nagy should have been fired last season. If I knew he was in over his head, how the fuck did pace not see this?