Anthony Miller traded soon?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
His value is probably a 6th rounder, just because his salary is pretty low because last year of rookie deal.

With 1.2 million saved cutting him I think the Bears should keep him if they don't get a trade offer. He worth that as a backup that knows the system.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I do think the Bears should try and get Orlando Brown. Brown would be a major upgrade. If they can somehow land him, that would probably be one of the better off season moved throughout the entire NFL.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
And how would they pay for Brown who only wants to be a LT for the money?

Bears have no cap space at all

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
And how would they pay for Brown who only wants to be a LT for the money?

Bears have no cap space at all

First off, of course he wants to play LT for the money; homeboy's not dumb. They make more money for the same job. Last time I checked, that's how capitalism works.

Second, Pace is pretty good with creative accounting and massaging the cap.

Now, if they move Leno after signing him, that makes life even easier.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
A few points:

1 - If the Ravens were to trade Brown they would probably go to the highest bidder. He's a 24 year old guy with some excellent LT tape out there. Many teams will be interested, so maybe thinking the Duane Brown or the Laremy Tunsil trades, so I'd say it's at least a 2nd +.

2 - If he wants 'LT money' what he's really saying is 'highest paid OL money'. He's going to want to be paid over $20M/season.

3 - Ravens haven't said they want to trade him and they have all the leverage. Remember, in November their all pro tackle, Ronnie Stanley, fractured and dislocated ankle. There's a good chance the team looks at $3,600,430 base salary and think it's fairly cheap insurance just in case Staley isn't ready to play or has a setback.

In short, Brown, who isn't available, would be expensive in both draft picks and cap space.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I posted a thread about trading ARob for Brown, why it makes sense for both teams, etc. Miller for Brown and a future pick? No-brainer. Try to trade Leno to clear up space. Then Pace has more flexibility at 20. WR, CB, etc.

Personally, if they land Brown and Jenkins is there at 20? The Bears would have something I have not seen in many years. Legit bookends on the OL. Would love it.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i think Bears take 2 WRs in this draft...one early or mid, one in 6th

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll be lucky to get a can of Dinty Moore Stew for Miller. They should throw in Wims for free.

mecha

Liked Posts:
was WR really that much of a blemish for the team? Robinson and Mooney were pretty reliable, and Miller had his flashes throughout. TE even they got decent production from Graham and Kmet. all this with Trubisky starting out very inaccurate and Foles not having the arm strength to make all the necessary throws. I'm at kind of a loss for how that unit could be so overall poor. that mixed in with Montgomery getting good production too.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I hope our guy Miller calls Nagy out on his way out.
dumb-and-dumber-movie-poster-28225-1.jpg

mitchell's buddy did about year ago, btw..
IMG_4084-e1601300224164.jpg

Last edited: