Anthony Miller traded to Texans

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s riley ridley time
Sarcasm, obviously.

I was a proponent of ridley but I can’t see a way he makes this roster
Miller was a sunk cost. Getting anything back for him—as with Adam Shaheen last year—is a positive at this point.

GMs are going to make mistakes. It’s a good thing when they move on from them and don’t keep waiting too long for a miss to pan out.

Seriously. Miller had talent, he’s also a nutcase.

A lot of times in the nfl players don’t succeed because of what’s above their shoulders. That’s a lot lot harder to predict than their actual physical talent.

I don’t blame pace for swinging at Miller. Most of this board loved the pick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't recall what he did in the Patriots game?
On a punt return, he was in coverage and left his lane to jump on a pile for a penalty while the returner took the lane he was in to make a great return. One of the dumbest plays I've ever seen. He had other fuckups as well but that one stood out. I think it was the Patriots but he veered left to just jump on a pile of blockers for a piling on penalty while the returner ran around the mess and right up his lane. Can't fix dumb.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Read the first 3 sentences in post #8. Talk about being VERY, VERY WRONG. :jonesy:
Kind of hilarious, as he was one of the biggest Mitch haters last year to once say this: 'Forget the question marks about Trubisky. I have no doubt he's mentally tough and a true leader. He might not end up being an elite QB, but he'll be the greatest Bears QB of all time. Mark my words, he'll have the trajectory to be the greatest Bears QB all time in a couple of years, and a lot of fans will turn on him because we haven't won a Super Bowl yet - you can count on that in this town. How quickly they forget when we had QBs like Orton and Grossman. Trubisky is the real deal.'

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't know why this franchise can't find/keep decent WRs. Not a fan of jettisoning experienced WRs the year you draft a rookie QB, but it must've been a good reason.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why this franchise can't find/keep decent WRs. Not a fan of jettisoning experienced WRs the year you draft a rookie QB, but it must've been a good reason.
I'd say the main reason was he sucked but thats just my opinion
He really wasn't that good so why not move on and see what the new guys bring

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There's not much choice.

We've got so many unknowns (those always work out) that a vet who wasn't good enough to get on the field is going to have to contribute.

I guess the Ridley question will get answered. If you cannot contribute on this squad, you don't belong in the NFL.
Miller was a “known”, who ran wrong routes, didn’t know the playbook, couldn’t control his emotions, dropped passes.

Unknowns aren’t automatically worse simply because you don’t know them.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This just strikes me as George made a mandate that he needed to go and they waited for the best deal they could get. Yeah they save 1.2 on the cap but not sure how much that really helps.

strikes me more as thing coming from whats his face the WR coach that was already talking shit about Miller in the press. Pure speculation, but would guess he (and nagy) finally concluded that dude is just uncoachable

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be clear, Miller was a poor man's Earl Bennett. Less consistency. Less detail oriented.

I also would not at all be surprised if the bears grab someone's TC cut and one of the bottom of the roster guys does't make it to the team. I hear Miami could be in for a WR cut? Maybe Al Wilson shakes lose? Pace/Nagy wanted him a few years back.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I'd say the main reason was he sucked but thats just my opinion
He really wasn't that good so why not move on and see what the new guys bring

Fuck WVU and Kevin White.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Terrible take. Faulty logic.

If my lawn mower stops working and I replace it with one that works, I am getting rid of it at its lowest value. But if I keep it for that reason alone, its value won’t go up and my lawn will look like shit until I ultimately make the same move.

Once a player needs to go they need to go. You don’t improve the situation by holding onto them longer and trading too late.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
To be clear, Miller was a poor man's Earl Bennett. Less consistency. Less detail oriented.

I also would not at all be surprised if the bears grab someone's TC cut and one of the bottom of the roster guys does't make it to the team. I hear Miami could be in for a WR cut? Maybe Al Wilson shakes lose? Pace/Nagy wanted him a few years back.

But if you needed a first down??? Earllll

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sarcasm, obviously.

I was a proponent of ridley but I can’t see a way he makes this roster

Seriously. Miller had talent, he’s also a nutcase.

A lot of times in the nfl players don’t succeed because of what’s above their shoulders. That’s a lot lot harder to predict than their actual physical talent.

I don’t blame pace for swinging at Miller. Most of this board loved the pick
My brother was a sportswriter who covered Cardinals’ training camp years ago in AZ.

He recalls a vet telling him, look at the players physically. Among position groups, 90% look alike.

The difference is above the neck.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You simultaneously pat yourself on the back for “knowing “ Miller would not be good, while criticizing the move because he’s no longer here.
Yeah, I can be right simultaneously about the player and the current state of the roster - pretty amazing. But that's what I bring.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So did @SlickWilly

This is when he initially started to get irate with me because my comp for Anthony Miller(production wise) before he ever lined up in an NFL game was Earl Bennett...and Willy went with Steve Smith - ouch.

Just another example of me being right, and SlickWilly being so very, very wrong.
Your comp for anything Bears is always gonna be average or bad cause that's just who you are even though i think E.Bennett was definitely better than average.