Anthony Miller traded to Texans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really a smart take on your part.

The talent was obviously there and he flashed it more than once.

The problem is he was a head case and sometimes that just is something you don't know until you get a guy in your building.

I never claimed he didnt have talent. I claimed his talent was never as good as Pace or Bears fans claimed.

The problem was not just that he was a headcase. He had a rep outta college as a good route runner with great leaping ability. It turned out he wasnt as he routinely fucked up routes and he rarely used that junping ability.

Take that away and he actually isnt all that fast so his talent level wasnt all that great.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Miller is a guy fans have always valued a lot more than what he actually brought to the table.

He might end up being an OK receiver for the Texans, but guys, I think he pretty clearly showed he’s nothing special.

He never took that step forward. He never really progressed.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Mike Garafolo- "The #Bears are trading WR Anthony Miller to the #Texans, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Long rumored to be dealt, the former second-round pick gets a fresh start."
You mean the Bears get a fresh start.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we in that phase of offseason where pretty straightforward events get turned into big ol controversies

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller is a guy fans have always valued a lot more than what he actually brought to the table.

He might end up being an OK receiver for the Texans, but guys, I think he pretty clearly showed he’s nothing special.

He never took that step forward. He never really progressed.

He may do better with Watson and then Bears fans will bitch and moan as if he blossomed rather than his numbers being inflated because of Watson.

Just like Bears fans were on Floyd's nuts when Donald, Ramsey and Russel Wilson inflated his stats.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He may do better with Watson and then Bears fans will bitch and moan as if he blossomed rather than his numbers being inflated because of Watson.

Just like Bears fans were on Floyd's nuts when Donald, Ramsey and Russel Wilson inflated his stats.
Watson will never play with Miller

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller was frustrating because he'd flash, and then do something stupid.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like actually run his routes correctly?
Like punch a guy, get ejected, etc. , affect the outcome of the game in a negative way. He never ascended to the player I thought he was. It's a shame. I liked him.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like actually run his routes correctly?
Miller was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft (pick 51 overall) out of Memphis. Many experts loved Miller as a WR prospect. Matt Miller for Bleacher Report compared him to Brandin Cooks. A SB Nation draft profile said he was a 1st round talent. Lance Zierlein gave him a 6.20 draft grade and a 3rd round projection. All the draft evaluations were very similar. They praised Miller's competitiveness and work ethic. He was a former walk-on and the coaches said he was a hard worker. Experts were concerned about dropped passes and a foot injury. At his pro day, Miller had a 6.65 sec 3 cone (substantially better than Atwell, even though Miller was nearly 50 pounds heavier), had a 39'' vert jump (half a foot better than Atwell) and ran 4.48 sec in the 40. He was 5'11'' tall and 201 pounds.

Miller has struggled his first 3 years in the NFL. One of the plays cited by the press as being emblematic of his problems happened against the Rams in 2019. Miller doesn't run the route precisely and when Trubisky throws the pass, the ball bounces off of Miller's hands, resulting in an INT for Troy Hill. A couple of plays later, Jared Goff throws a deep pass to Cooper Kupp for a 50 yard gain, setting up a Todd Gurley TD plunge from the one yard line. The Rams go up 10-0 and eventually win the game 17-7.

Both Matt Nagy and Mike Furrey (the WR coach, who is a former Rams player) have been openly critical of Miller's work ethic and professionalism. The Bears coaches said that when Miller was a rookie, they would hold their breath, just hoping that Miller would go to the right place in his route. They had concerns with his big ego, how he lacked attention to detail in his route running, struggled to grasp the playbook and didn't prepare properly.

Furrey said, "[Miller] was allowed to get away with a lot of stuff [in college] and his statistics were phenomenal, but that stuff just doesn't work in the pros." Explaining why Miller hadn't gotten more playing time, Furrey said, "The reason why [he's not on the field] is because you can't trust him." The other Bears WRs once jokingly voted Miller the WR most likely to be late to practice.

Despite the coaches telling the media that Miller had improved since his rookie year and turned over a new leaf, things didn't improve in either of his 2nd or 3rd seasons. Recently, the Bears put Miller on the trading block, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in him from other teams. So much for Miller being the next Brandin Cooks. All of the draft profiles praising Miller for his work ethic appear to have been off.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson will never play with Miller
Sure he will, Watson will play this year, bank on it. NFL has chosen to let the legal system run it's course, and the first hearing for that isn't until 2022. Watson will report to training camp on time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Like punch a guy, get ejected, etc. , affect the outcome of the game in a negative way. He never ascended to the player I thought he was. It's a shame. I liked him.
Of course you like a guy who commits battery. Pro-violence, anti-police. How many Starbucks have you burnt down this week?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Sure he will, Watson will play this year, bank on it. NFL has chosen to let the legal system run it's course, and the first hearing for that isn't until 2022. Watson will report to training camp on time.
If he can play I think they'll just trade him, but I guess both might decide playing and letting the legal system play out then getting max value after might be the best decision. The two sides are clearly done with each other though. If he's still there, it's an even more obvious last season with the team than Rodgers

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never claimed he didnt have talent. I claimed his talent was never as good as Pace or Bears fans claimed.

The problem was not just that he was a headcase. He had a rep outta college as a good route runner with great leaping ability. It turned out he wasnt as he routinely fucked up routes and he rarely used that junping ability.

Take that away and he actually isnt all that fast so his talent level wasnt all that great.
His hand positions suck for a possession guy, leaves his feet instead of running through catches etc. Huge disappointment on many levels.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Now that Miller is gone who is going to take over the one handed ball slap that seemed to work so well?