AntMill on the block

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But I'll smile when the day finally comes when the water recedes and people are forced to see that this all starts and ends with Nagy's ineptitude. It was always about him not being able to do the fucking job.
Been there since the end of 2019 brother..

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller looked like a real wide receiver his rookie year too. Let him languish for two more years in Chicago and see how he's doing (my guess: not well).
Looked pretty much identical his entire career outside of getting a handful of TDs his rookie year. He's dumb and has a shit attitude. Kind of like you.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There is zero fucking reason to cut Anthony Miller. You let "Be You." run rampant in that locker room and then punish the symptom instead of the disease? He's cheap and he's better than all but two receivers on the roster. Cutting him to make Matt Nagy feel better is the height of delusion.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears failed this brilliant player

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Miller gonna C walk for some other team. Sad day when I look to see what's craccin wit my team and I see them set trippin

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I had (and still have) hope for Miller. He is clearly talented, I think his on-field issues are related to some problem focusing.

Get him with a coach that can help mold the mental side of the game, and I bet you see him put together a decent career. Nagy probably isn't the guy to do it.

Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller isn't a thug. He's more literate than two-thirds of the people posting on this website

You get into a fight on the football field you're a thug...end of.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I had (and still have) hope for Miller. He is clearly talented, I think his on-field issues are related to some problem focusing.
His on field issues are related to it being a form of mental torture having to participate in the Bears offense with Matt Nagy, no offensive line and the unholy Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles merry-go-round of pain. If Anthony Miller really were this person off the field it would've manifested itself by now, but all we really know about Miller is that he can write at a college level and plays the drums. Seems like a pretty normal guy, imo.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
They are literally trying to get draft picks...

I was responding more to the Emma suggestion that him being released is likely if they don't find any takers.

And I'm assuming we won't get the 2nd rounder back that we used on him (and, I believe, traded more capital to move up in order to get him).

I understand the why. But if it was that bad shouldn't he be gone already? Why get rid of him now unless he's a total, day-to-day horrible teammate to be around? We can certainly use him. With all of these QB scenarios being dreamed up we need all hands on deck.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is zero fucking reason to cut Anthony Miller. You let "Be You." run rampant in that locker room and then punish the symptom instead of the disease? He's cheap and he's better than all but two receivers on the roster. Cutting him to make Matt Nagy feel better is the height of delusion.

Miller fucked up. It was on him. Pretty sure violent retaliation is not part of what the Bears are taught. The truth is, Miller is expendable with the glut of receivers on the market and he will cost more than he is worth next year. They may just have to release him.

There may be more to all this than what we see as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is stupid and I guarantee you it comes from George and not Pace. The guy is in a contract year and most likely to have his best season. He’s cheap depth if nothing else. You won’t get “value” for him because everyone knows George wants him gone. Bears will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th and likely he’s just released. Dumb move. Dumb owner.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Miller fucked up. It was on him. Pretty sure violent retaliation is not part of what the Bears are taught. The truth is, Miller is expendable with the glut of receivers on the market and he will cost more than he is worth next year. They may just have to release him.

There may be more to all this than what we see as well.
Isn't he in his contract year? why do we care what he costs next year? Why would they have to release him? he's literally on his rookie contract, no?