Any audiophiles here?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have the stands yet and have the Duos set too high up on a countertop (for now) but HOLY SHIT!
I've barely had any listening time in and low to low mid volume level so far but the imaging is fan fucking tastic!!! The speakers disappear and sound comes from everywhere. Vocals sound really centered. Instruments and effects sound like where they should be.
I need to spend more time with them but work is just giving away gravy $$$ overtime all u can eat so I'm taking it to pay for this hot shit audio setup.
Raaawwwrrr!!!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My car has the "premium" factory stereo.
Premium or not, most factory car stereos are shit.
I don't really give much of a shit about how good music sounds in this car. I've put decent Infinity mid grade systems into my cars before but now I'd rather listen to the engine and the turbo when I make them sing.
But I put some music on for some reason the other day after a couple hours of listening to new Duo setup and holy shit! My car stereo really sounds like shit after that.
Briefly considered speaker upgrade, but taking doors apart and such isn't as easy as it was years ago. And fuck it. I have a heavenly system to listen to at home and my car can get me there really fast.
I spent my big turbo upgrade $ on a stereo already.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My car has the "premium" factory stereo.
Premium or not, most factory car stereos are shit.
I don't really give much of a shit about how good music sounds in this car. I've put decent Infinity mid grade systems into my cars before but now I'd rather listen to the engine and the turbo when I make them sing.
But I put some music on for some reason the other day after a couple hours of listening to new Duo setup and holy shit! My car stereo really sounds like shit after that.
Briefly considered speaker upgrade, but taking doors apart and such isn't as easy as it was years ago. And fuck it. I have a heavenly system to listen to at home and my car can get me there really fast.
I spent my big turbo upgrade $ on a stereo already.

I used to go all out with Kenwood Excelon, but my current vehicle came with like 8 Bose speakers. You're right about taking shit apart to replace speakers, not to mention replacing the radios in cars now is a bitch because of the CPU connected to them so I just left the shit alone. Then you got to look into replacing the amp to power the shit, it's a real bitch. Hell, even in my 04 monte it was becoming a pain in the ass. Shit isn't as easy to replace as it was in my 89 Cavalier lmao.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I waited for my Crutchfield points and got my stands on "scratch and dent" deal again.
Speakers are now bolted down on sweet stands.
I have lots of work to do to setup proper listening setup but it's pretty goddamn awesome how it's setup in "ok for now" setup.
Raaawwwrrr!
Maggie Raptor smoking all my good shit and listening to me stereo while I'm at work paying for it.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone using Roon?
I'm liking it a lot.

Rawr!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I forgot to mention something about my new duos...

BASS!!!
Makes my Martin Logan bookshelves + SVS subwoofer system sound muddy.
Sub will hit lower notes but not a whole lot lower.
The electronics in the duos make the difference I think.
It's all just so tight and precise.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Roon more and more as I use it.
Easy to get into rabbit hole with detailed artist info and such as I listen.
Such as, how the hell did I not know that it was Roy Harper on vocals on Pink Floyd - "Have a Cigar"?
Raaawwwrrr!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I like Roon more and more as I use it.
Easy to get into rabbit hole with detailed artist info and such as I listen.
Such as, how the hell did I not know that it was Roy Harper on vocals on Pink Floyd - "Have a Cigar"?
Raaawwwrrr!!!

Should've asked me. I would've told you that Roy Harper was on vocals. There is a version out there too of the demos they did. Waters and Gilmour both took a shot and didn't like the sound. Roy fucking nailed it.

I'cve been dying to grab the Schitt bifrost to upgrade my dac, follwed by the Beyerdynamic DT1990s, but spending that cash at this current time would be really unwise. I listened to those 1990s when I was at Sweetwater and they blew me the fuck away. And that was in whatever half assed setup they had it connected to. I want to hear them through my dedicated headphone setup through by Bottlehead crack. Especially with the new tubes that sent my Senns to new heights. Worth every penny.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Should've asked me. I would've told you that Roy Harper was on vocals. There is a version out there too of the demos they did. Waters and Gilmour both took a shot and didn't like the sound. Roy fucking nailed it.

I'cve been dying to grab the Schitt bifrost to upgrade my dac, follwed by the Beyerdynamic DT1990s, but spending that cash at this current time would be really unwise. I listened to those 1990s when I was at Sweetwater and they blew me the fuck away. And that was in whatever half assed setup they had it connected to. I want to hear them through my dedicated headphone setup through by Bottlehead crack. Especially with the new tubes that sent my Senns to new heights. Worth every penny.
Actually, Waters wanted to do it (of course), but the band vetoed him. It was Gilmour's idea to hire Harper, much to Waters' chagrin. Seemingly, it was one of the few times Waters relinquished control and compromised over something since Dark Side. Might have been the last as well. I'm not complaining -- I'm a big Waters fan -- but he was in complete control-freak mode at this point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So, my dumbass washed my bluetooth drop move earbuds and now the left one doesn't work anymore which seriously inhibits my workouts. I ended up going with the Sennheiser Momentum true wireless 2's and holy fuck did they blow the numove's out of the water.

I half wonder if I washed the others subconsciously since I had my eye on these Senny's but decided not to purchase because the others worked fine. Then I wash em two days later lol. Can't wait to workout with these and see if the buds stay in, which is what was annoying me with the Numove's whenever I worked up a sweat. Fucked up thing was I just ordered new ear tips to test to see if that helped lmao. But yeah, initial test totally lives up to the Sennheiser name and pretty impressive for wireless.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had some Sennheiser wired earbuds but I lost them somewhere in the city. Hopefully I lost them at the show and another Dream Theater fan got them.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I had some Sennheiser wired earbuds but I lost them somewhere in the city. Hopefully I lost them at the show and another Dream Theater got them.
I've never been disappointed in a Sennheiser product, ever. They're always worth the money. I've only listened to these for about an hour, but the sound quality is ridiculous for bluetooth. The app is kind of weak though. Especially the equalizer. Wish I could customize the sound far better for the price.

But they look sleek (which I honestly couldn't give two shits about but it's always a plus), and they sound fucking amazing. Hopefully they stand up to my workouts, which was a huge gripe for my previous earbuds. I had to constantly adjust them.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I do love the fact that I can customize the touch controls on the earbuds though. I used to hate on my last ones when I'd have to adjust the piece during a workout and would accidentally pause the music. I was able to make these so the first touch elicits no response.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The volume buttons on my new phone work with Roon rather than me having to open the app.
That's super rawr rawr!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
got tired of wired headsets and thought id give newer wireless another chance.... bought some cheap mpow h19 ipo. they are okay for the price.. def better than the first two whatevers i bought over the years and resold..