Any beer leaguers here?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Watching playoff hockey really reminded me how much I love this game! I grew up playing hockey all my life but stopped once I got to college. I was wondering if anybody here plays in a beer league and how you like it? Also congrats to the Hawks! Hopefully my Kings will be back in a few years to reignite the play off rivalry!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching playoff hockey really reminded me how much I love this game! I grew up playing hockey all my life but stopped once I got to college. I was wondering if anybody here plays in a beer league and how you like it? Also congrats to the Hawks! Hopefully my Kings will be back in a few years to reignite the play off rivalry!
I plan on doing beer league or pick up games this year. I installed around a 330 sq ft synthetic ice rink in my basement for my boys and myself. Will say watching my boys work on their skills is fun to watch

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No beer leagues down my way, and at my age, no, not getting the skates and pads back on, all though I was a pretty good goalie. I talked to a guy about it 20 years ago, but the closest ice rink is 1 hour drive, one way, away. They had a league needed goalies, but I wasn't into the drive and the games were late (some games started at 11pm) because of rink rental times. Too bad, there is no greater adrenaline rush in my experience in all the sports I've played and I've played most of them than being a hockey goalie. And it is my favorite live spectator sport. Dad has season tickets to the Blackhawks, so I grew up watching Makita, Hull, Espisito play...

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Played a few years ago, for the first time in 20 years. Man, the legs just werent there. Amazing how quick they burn out when you only skate once a week

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have a few buddies who beer league it at the Orland Ice Arena.