Any bicyclists here?

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone bicycle for fun or for sport? I am looking into getting back into it. I used to have a Cannondale mountain bike in the the late 90's. I put a lot of money into it - carbon fiber everything.

I am undecided on whether or not to get into mountain biking again, road cycling, or cyclocross. Any bike suggestions or arguments for any of these styles of cycling?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like mountain biking / singletrack. Although it's been quite awhile since I've gotten out and done it. Riding on the road seems incredibly boring to me.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Ortho Doc is 65 and he likes to ride 25 mi per day. Crazy and he looks around 50.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like mountain biking / singletrack. Although it's been quite awhile since I've gotten out and done it. Riding on the road seems incredibly boring to me.

I live in the Adirondack mountains in upstate NY, so mountain biking seems the most logical. Any preference on bike?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ahhh, nice. I bet there is some great riding up there. I live in FL, so things are pretty flat...but there are some pretty good trails an hr and a half away or so:

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/santos.html

Nothing like upstate NY I'm sure, but for FL it's pretty damn good! I have a Specialized Rockhopper. I like it a lot. I would hit up a few bike shops and see if they would let you ride a little and see what you like (Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, Giant, whatever).