Any chance to steal a starting RT during cut downs or a late training camp trade?

greg23

Liked Posts:
He should have done more this offseason… but he was hamstrung by his 2020 shit contracts.

In 2022 it has to be a priority again.

I'll say it again....for the 3rd year in a row

This line needs a Ritchie Incognito type on the line.....a big ass kicking mfker dickhead.

Maybe Borom and the guy with the back will turn into that but they need to mitigate the meek silent personalities on the line.

As for Mustipher....he's looked awful thus far. Opening night vs Donald....yikes.....if he needs to be replaced at some point this year I hope they go to Daniels 1st to see if he can cut it at his natural spot before having to make a f/a decision on him next year. Him being the guy at C opens up f/a possibilities at guard next year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll say it again....for the 3rd year in a row

This line needs a Ritchie Incognito type on the line.....a big ass kicking mfker dickhead.

Maybe Borom and the guy with the back will turn into that but they need to mitigate the meek silent personalities on the line.

As for Mustipher....he's looked awful thus far. Opening night vs Donald....yikes.....if he needs to be replaced at some point this year I hope they go to Daniels 1st to see if he can cut it at his natural spot before having to make a f/a decision on him next year. Him being the guy at C opens up f/a possibilities at guard next year
Closest we have is Eiselen. I've been touting him though he'll probably make the PS again. I'd keep him over Bars.

As for the OP, best we'll do is get a project that won't help right away that some team is trying to sneak through. Our problem is that we don't have the cap for a salary cut nor the roster space for that project though where there's a will... I doubt we see a cut better than Wilkinson that we could afford.

Ifedi should be OK enough once he gets his legs back. We don't know how ready he actually is. He actually graded out well last year and play better at T than G. His biggest issue over the years has been penalties and had only 5 last year. By comparison, Leno Tunsil and Nelson had 7.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I was hoping for Creed Humphrey in the 2nd. I’m not Monday morning quarterbacking, because I loved the Jenkins pick, but that was obviously before the back issues got worse.

This team needs a mean and technically sound C, if Mustipher doesn’t develop, which is what Humphrey appears to be. Oh well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You'll be on board with me in a few weeks...lol.

I would 100% taking a losing season, Ala the chargers, and have fields play like Herbert did last year.

No reason to nitpick a bad squad. It's a lot more exciting for me to at least find positives.

He should have done more this offseason… but he was hamstrung by his 2020 shit contracts.

In 2022 it has to be a priority again.

I agree he should do more, but it’s hard when you have limited picks and cap space. I got zero issue with what he did this year.

last year, neglecting the oline was a joke, however. Still, the hope was that 2019 was an anomaly for Leno. That did not happen. Sometimes you get burned by bad contracts, shit, it even happened to the best executive that chicago has ever seen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was hoping for Creed Humphrey in the 2nd. I’m not Monday morning quarterbacking, because I loved the Jenkins pick, but that was obviously before the back issues got worse.

This team needs a mean and technically sound C, if Mustipher doesn’t develop, which is what Humphrey appears to be. Oh well.

I think everyone loved the Jenkins pick. If he ends up redshirting and plays a long career no one will care that he missed this year.

Still, not good for a linemen to have back surgery before taking an nfl snap. I have however heard sports therapists and spinal surgeons say that it may be a pinched nerve between the discs that didn’t heal on its own, which wouldn’t be a severe surgery/issue.

Buberwin

Liked Posts:
Tyrell Crosby, Carson Green, and Derwin Gray are 3 guys they could look at

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think everyone loved the Jenkins pick. If he ends up redshirting and plays a long career no one will care that he missed this year.

Still, not good for a linemen to have back surgery before taking an nfl snap. I have however heard sports therapists and spinal surgeons say that it may be a pinched nerve between the discs that didn’t heal on its own, which wouldn’t be a severe surgery/issue.

Everyone did love the Jenkins pick at the time but I don’t think any of us knew he had previous back issues. Drafting any player with back issues in rnd 2, especially a position in the trenches is not wise. And to trade up to do so was flat out GM malpractice. Could’ve took a shot at drafting 2 healthy oline prospects instead. Heck Pace found Larry Borom in the 5th rnd. So there was definitely other solid healthy prospects to be found from rnd 2 through 5.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Closest we have is Eiselen. I've been touting him though he'll probably make the PS again. I'd keep him over Bars.

As for the OP, best we'll do is get a project that won't help right away that some team is trying to sneak through. Our problem is that we don't have the cap for a salary cut nor the roster space for that project though where there's a will... I doubt we see a cut better than Wilkinson that we could afford.

Ifedi should be OK enough once he gets his legs back. We don't know how ready he actually is. He actually graded out well last year and play better at T than G. His biggest issue over the years has been penalties and had only 5 last year. By comparison, Leno Tunsil and Nelson had 7.
Dieter is a future starter on this OL once he gains more experience.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
yea man I wish pace fixed every single problem we have and was the perfect GM.

I can’t be mad at him for the oline situation this year. Least he tried.there weren’t many options.

signing Leno and Massie to extensions was a bad move in hindsight but pretty much the entire board didn’t mind the signings at the time. Those guys ended up peaking the moment they got paid. There was no reason to keep them here…

honestly I think peters is going to be an upgrade to Leno, in the pass game at least. He looked like he had quick feet last night. The major question is does he stay healthy, cause if he does I think he can hold down that spot for the year which would be huge
Wasn't Peters' injury last year a toe injury?

I feel that he has a better chance of coming back than if it were a back or knee injury at his age.

If someone has gone through his toe injury before, enlighten us about the time needed to get better, etc.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think Pace's decision to go with Ifedi at $5M over Morgan Moses at <$4M will prove to be a "WTF were you thinking?!?" moment in hindsight.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Once Peters gets injured and Borom comes in at LT then never looks back and Teven Jenkens comes back finally healthy but LT is taken, he'll take his natural position at RT and our line will be suddenly be incredible.
This is what I like to see.