Any interest at all in Marvin Lewis for HC for Bears?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People keep seeing me say that i want a team that will make the playoffs regularly. Marvin Lewis did that in Cincy. If i remember correctly, he also never won a playoff game, which is pretty alarming after all of those years. Unfortunately for him, Palmer got injured as he was looking like he'd be at the top of that tier 2 list under Brady and Manning. What could have been.

This is a coaching move that wouldn't excite me but i also wouldn't hate.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Not big on retreads. The NFL moves fast now, absolutely lightning speeds. Re-treads have seen increasingly little success in recent years.

If you aren't ahead of game schematically, you are in big trouble. Gruden is maybe the only guy who kept up with the trends and is holding his own.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not big on retreads. The NFL moves fast now, absolutely lightning speeds. Re-treads have seen increasingly little success in recent years.

If you aren't ahead of game schematically, you are in big trouble. Gruden is maybe the only guy who kept up with the trends and is holding his own.
Gruden
Andy Reid
Belicheck
Ron Rivera is gonna do it
John Fox(with Denver)

These coaches bounce all around until they quit unless they are terrible and weird like trestman and even he landed in bmore. The point is it happens and continues to happen.

That said? I personally don't want MArvin Lewis

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear the names thrown around...and you know we're going to hire a pile of shit we've never heard of...lol.

And ppl here will start repping the new hc hard like they know something about him.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Bears should interview everyone.
Ya know, this is not a bad idea. When you need something, but don’t know which one to get, the more you look and research, the more educated you get. Maybe the mccaskeys could actually learn something.......naaahh

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Any interest at all in Marvin Lewis for HC for Bears?

Why not ?

He won a SB with the Ravens. And Got the Bengals in playoffs4x. Before Lewis, the Bengals were irrelevant.

Oh, I know he didn't win but he didn't have a Qb. Go look at the playoff numbers for Palmer & Dalton b4 anyone tries to cape for either of them.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like if this is the Best we can do for an HC, can he groom young talent anywhere? IF SO... bring him in for the rebuilding process. IF NOT... fuck this topic.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
No. To Lewis. Let's include Bill O'Brien or Jim Caldwell....but I'm not a fan of retreads. Like Fox was.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This will not be a Bears hire....it will be the hire of whoever is GM. Bears will hire the GM....that's what worries me. Since the 80's.....Pace, Emery, Angelo, Hatley, Wanny, Graves and Tobin. Not exactly a "who's who" of dynasty builders.