Any of you into fishing?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If so, where do you fish, for what, etc?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have never once caught a fish, it's unbelievably hard.
Not really. It's mostly about knowing their patterns. If they are eating, and you throw the right bait in front of them, presented in the correct way, you will catch fish. Of course everyone has days where you get skunked... But it's not that hard.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
One of the perks of my line of work. I go every other month. Either head out from Cocoa or Fort Lauderdale. Mostly shooting for Mahi.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the perks of my line of work. I go every other month. Either head out from Cocoa or Fort Lauderdale. Mostly shooting for Mahi.
Nice. What kind of work do you do?

I've never been offshore. I do a lot of inshore stuff off my yak. Red fish, snook, sea trout, etc. Mostly around NSB.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Spent a few weeks out of the year fishing the Delaware right around Dildine Island almost every summer of my life. Primarily smallmouth, but also striped bass, and there are also a few deep holes where some walleye hang out nearby. Also have done some up in the boundary waters (pike and musky).

I try to fish anytime I'm somewhere new: some catfish in South Africa; trolling in the Caribbean; trout in Austria; and any random stop I make in the US that has ample water. I really want to go after some of the big ones in the US eventually. Sturgeon, alligator gar, that type of stuff.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Spent a few weeks out of the year fishing the Delaware right around Dildine Island almost every summer of my life. Primarily smallmouth, but also striped bass, and there are also a few deep holes where some walleye hang out nearby. Also have done some up in the boundary waters (pike and musky).

I try to fish anytime I'm somewhere new: some catfish in South Africa; trolling in the Caribbean; trout in Austria; and any random stop I make in the US that has ample water. I really want to go after some of the big ones in the US eventually. Sturgeon, alligator gar, that type of stuff.
I don't do a lot of freshwater, but I've been thinking about getting into bass fishing lately. There are some pretty good spots really close to me for largemouth. Don't know what I'm doing with that at all though, so need to do some research.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I just moved to the South Carolina coast, and am hoping to get into fishing (also hunting for bivalves). Any tips for a noob looking to get into it? I'm mostly interested in catching fish to eat, salt or freshwater.

AussieBear

i use to drink a lot n smoke a lot of da refer under the guise of fishing if that counts.. as a freeman, i refused to get a fishing license.. nor did i catch anything other than buzzes and fuckd ups. i think we were fishing for trout in da river n bass in da lake..

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Nice. What kind of work do you do?

I've never been offshore. I do a lot of inshore stuff off my yak. Red fish, snook, sea trout, etc. Mostly around NSB.

That’s cool, man. Love redfish.

I have a machine/fab shop. Specializing in one off parts for big boats.

I never really went offshore till I moved to Florida. Grew up bass fishing.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just moved to the South Carolina coast, and am hoping to get into fishing (also hunting for bivalves). Any tips for a noob looking to get into it? I'm mostly interested in catching fish to eat, salt or freshwater.
I don't know a lot about species specific stuff for South Carolina. But I would imagine the inshore salt game is pretty good there. If you want to eat them, saltwater is the way to go in my opinion. Live bait is probably your best bet starting out. Shrimp, mullet, etc. I'll poke around some of the other forums I'm a member of and see what I can dig up for your region. Where are you at in South Carolina?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't know a lot about species specific stuff for South Carolina. But I would imagine the inshore salt game is pretty good there. If you want to eat them, saltwater is the way to go in my opinion. Live bait is probably your best bet starting out. Shrimp, mullet, etc. I'll poke around some of the other forums I'm a member of and see what I can dig up for your region. Where are you at in South Carolina?

Thanks. Near Myrtle Beach.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s cool, man. Love redfish.

I have a machine/fab shop. Specializing in one off parts for big boats.

I never really went offshore till I moved to Florida. Grew up bass fishing.
Bass fishing tips? You used to live in Orlando right? Did you end up moving down south?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fishing is one of those things that I’d love to get into, but have no idea where to start.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fishing is one of those things that I’d love to get into, but have no idea where to start.
If you're in the Chicago area I'm probably of little help. But there is tons of great YouTube content out there. Get a decent rod and reel, learn how to tie a few basic knots, and do as much research as you can around the habits of the species in your area. Then just get out and learn from experience. I just got into it a year or so ago, and I love it.