Any of you into fishing?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fished for years and years as a young man unfortunately life and work just seemed ta drive out the time i reserved for the hobby
I do recommend it though its a good time
I look forward ta picking it back up when i retire i plan on buying a boat and making the wife wear bikinis and call me captain

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats the biggest fish you fellas ever caught? And lets not lie for me it was a 18lb channel cat in the ohio river
Tons of nice sized trout and a few good bass here and there back in the day

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
whats the biggest fish you fellas ever caught? And lets not lie for me it was a 18lb channel cat in the ohio river
A bull red around 40" or so.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Caught a laker salmon once that was pretty good size, but we didn't measure or weigh it, we just ate the mfer.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I've caught several 42"+ muskie and several sharks 100#+ when we used to go to the
Keys every year.
The one that haunts my though was a 17' hammerhead. It was the same size as the boat and even the guide was hyped up when it moved towards us. It took my bait twice and I set the hook, but he got away both times. Their dorsal sticks up really high out of the water on a hammerhead and it was quite a sight watching him close in on the chum and blood trail we left behind the boat.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reviving this thread so I can stop talking about kayaking in the Trump thread. I almost got skunked today, minus a few small mangrove snapper and saltwater cats.

So I did what I said in the other thread, found an island in the mangroves, pulled up, drank some beer and casually fished. One of my buddies I hadn't seen in awhile showed up, so it was great just hanging out and catching up on the water.

@botfly10 , you said you loved that shit so here you go. There was a nice cut to the right of here that dropped off into deeper water. Tide was outgoing, so this bend should have held some decent fish, but I guess it just wasn't my day...

NVrXVVA.jpg

aw shit

love them mangrove islets

I don't fish tho, just go to look at birds

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
aw shit

love them mangrove islets

I don't fish tho, just go to look at birds
Lots of egrets, pelicans, herons and osprey out there. Watching osprey dive bomb to catch fish is something to see for sure. I see the occasional bald eagle, but none this weekend. Just around my neighborhood we've got this giant hawk that is always flying around. Also a group of 4 foot tall sand cranes that strut around like they own the place. Florida is pretty awesome as far as birds go.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
36 pound King Salmon pulled out of Lake Michigan near Macinac Island.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Lots of egrets, pelicans, herons and osprey out there. Watching osprey dive bomb to catch fish is something to see for sure. I see the occasional bald eagle, but none this weekend. Just around my neighborhood we've got this giant hawk that is always flying around. Also a group of 4 foot tall sand cranes that strut around like they own the place. Florida is pretty awesome as far as birds go.

I hear those blue herons are delicious.... The ribeye of the sky supposedly....

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just got this for a Christmas present from one of the companies I work with:

So. Stoked.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Animated Lure

Because my wife is silly, I saw that she and our boys bought me a couple of these for Xmas. It appears they "move" for about 5-7 seconds then stop. Takes a couple of hours to charge then it's good for a long time. I can't wait to try these! I hope the hooks are strong!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
While leaving the Thomas Jefferson Memorial I saw a Bald Eagle dive bomb into the Tidal Basin and take a fish, first time I've ever seen one. Shit was unreal. Felt patriotic asf