Any of you into fishing?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I was just out here today:

https://youtu.be/ucIRFr0bX-4

Beautiful.
Caught this the other weekend
6a52feda0019d1b53fb60612fb3b320a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did u fresh boil the crab u caught in that pic too?

I dont see a crab.

Also FYI, if you boil a crab it's not fresh it's literally cooked (boiled)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont see a crab.

Also FYI, if you boil a crab it's not fresh it's literally cooked (boiled)

U obviously grew up in the midwest and don't understand crabbing culture/terninology.

Why don't u stick to things u actually know about like eating unmarbled raw meat.

Thanks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just bought a sweet new fishing cart. Not only for fishing, but also for just general beach use. I just test loaded it and it easily fit 2 large coolers, 3 beach chairs, an umbrella, sand spikes, 8 rod holders (a few of which will be used for the bait basket / cutting board and my sand flea rake), and my tackle box. Although not fully loaded with ice, beer, bait, fish, food, etc the thing weighs next to nothing. Stoked. I think I'm gonna head out to the surf early Saturday morning. Hopefully catch a nice sunrise and some dinner. At which point I'll update the "what are you eating" thread with some legit fish cooking.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just bought a sweet new fishing cart. Not only for fishing, but also for just general beach use. I just test loaded it and it easily fit 2 large coolers, 3 beach chairs, an umbrella, sand spikes, 8 rod holders (a few of which will be used for the bait basket / cutting board and my sand flea rake), and my tackle box. Although not fully loaded with ice, beer, bait, fish, food, etc the thing weighs next to nothing. Stoked. I think I'm gonna head out to the surf early Saturday morning. Hopefully catch a nice sunrise and some dinner. At which point I'll update the "what are you eating" thread with some legit fish cooking.

Oh man, I can relate to the sand flea rake. I've done that before in Vero Beach with a guy that sold them. The 5 gallons buckets get heavy after a while.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Use to love it as a kid, it’s a great past time. I have done find memories fishing as a kid. It feels like it’s a relic of a hobby in these busy connected times.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
We go fishing on Lake Michigan once every 1-2 years out of Leland, MI. In the past we used to catch mostly Salmon, but for the last 3-4 years it seems like its all Lake trout.

Here's what we caught on the last trip in September, 2 big trouts, 1 pathetic little Salmon, and 2 Cisco's which I've never seen before this year (wasn't a fan).

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Didn't get the chance to go as much as I wanted too this past year. But I'm hoping to get out in the next few weeks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So I took my shiny new beach cart out on its maiden voyage yesterday morning. Oh my God, that thing is an absolute dream. I had it loaded with so much gear, and there was practically zero resistance dragging it across the sand. I was a little apprehensive dropping $300 on a cart, but worth every penny.

I think surf fishing might be my new thing. Sit there, drink some beer, and take in the beautiful view. When the water warms up take some swimming breaks and fuck around in the waves. There were a few people swimming yesterday, probably Canadians or some shit. Way too cold for me right now, although I did wade in a few times to cast a little further. Gonna pick up a new surf rod and reel soon so I can have 3 out.

Caught a handful of whiting that were keeper size. Filleted them, seasoned with some Tony C's, and pan fried in some butter and lemon juice. Also got one pompano, but too small to keep. Beautiful fish though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My new 12' surf rod and reel arrived today. And I am sad. Going to spool it up and stare at it sitting in the corner of my office until my spot is open again. Timing sucks, because the pompano run is starting soon, if it hasn't already.

The best kayak launch spots close to good fishing areas are also closed, so inshore salt is screwed as well.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Found an open beach to surf fish this am, plenty of social distancing for those of you who may want to pile on. No one was within 100 feet of me.

Bite sucked, only a few small whiting, and a saltwater cat, but it was good to get out of the house.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't get out anywhere near as much as I'd like to these days. But I mostly bass fish with the occasional rockfish outing. There is a bridge here between MD and VA that underneath it has some decent shore rockfishing. Mostly though, our shores produce croakers(hard heads)
We do crab all the time though and Snakehead is very popular here. They go out at night and shine a lamp on the surface of the water and when the snakehead rise, they shoot it with a cross-bow. I have personally never been but I have watched them from my inlaws pier many times.
I would love to catch a tuna and a shark.
I used to go in the outer banks when we vacationed there. Those were some good outings.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Reviving this thread so I can stop talking about kayaking in the Trump thread. I almost got skunked today, minus a few small mangrove snapper and saltwater cats.

So I did what I said in the other thread, found an island in the mangroves, pulled up, drank some beer and casually fished. One of my buddies I hadn't seen in awhile showed up, so it was great just hanging out and catching up on the water.

@botfly10 , you said you loved that shit so here you go. There was a nice cut to the right of here that dropped off into deeper water. Tide was outgoing, so this bend should have held some decent fish, but I guess it just wasn't my day...

NVrXVVA.jpg