Any Positives coming into season?

skochers75

Liked Posts:
Wondering how you see it. Its hard to be positive after blowing this team up in the off season. But do any of you see any positives other than the sarcastic positives?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We’re in a rebuild that should have started the year we lucked into the number 3 pick. The fact we’re finally here is a positive. Won’t be much to watch other than more trades and offseason stuff for next couple years. But once the young talent starts to make it on the roster it will be fun to see how things develop

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Toews wants out.

Now we just need Vancouver to be good enough to think about playoffs early and bad enough to need his face off help and defense.

I think that’s the best place for him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wondering how you see it. Its hard to be positive after blowing this team up in the off season. But do any of you see any positives other than the sarcastic positives?
Pretty tough to answer at this point because it all depends on which prospect(s) can impress the most. That's really the only positive with this team next season.

I guess I'm most excited about Luke Richardson and what he can do with this team over the next couple seasons. So that's a positive I guess, but I'm not expecting results in the immediate future.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where are we at?

Reichel-Toews-Johnson
Dach2-Athanass-Kane
Domi-Kursshev-Lafferty
Raddysh-Entwhistke-Sikura

Jones-Allan
Murphy-Stillman
McCabe-vlasic

Regula

Mzerack

I can see quite a few youth getting near to filling the holes. Gotta figure several move up here and we are a trade or two away from respectable.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like on paper we are a joke. But functionally guys actually have roles to play that match themselves and there is no longer a midget on every line and in every D pairing.

I have a feeling Bowman was a total jack-ass and hell bent on impossible visions.

Colliton too.

I get the sense we have begun doing things right and even a step in that direction may look better on ice quicker than we are thinking.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Positives this season will be rare other than watching some of the young guys from previous drafts or acquisitions develop. New GM, new coaches, and a new director of scouting are hopefully all positives. Obviously, the post-Bowman era will take years to take hold but simply going into the post-Boman era alone is positive.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Positives this season will be rare other than watching some of the young guys from previous drafts or acquisitions develop. New GM, new coaches, and a new director of scouting are hopefully all positives. Obviously, the post-Bowman era will take years to take hold but simply going into the post-Boman era alone is positive.
The end of the Bowman era IS a positive but the guy in charge was the '2017 Liquor executive of the year' only five short years ago who expressed total confidence in SB before the scandal broke and even some support in the presser announcing the results of the investigation. Is there ANY doubt that Stan Bowman would still be Pres of Hockey Opps/GM sans scandal?

All the new people deserve their shot and I wish em all well,I just woulda been a lot more confident with an experienced Pres of Hockey Opps but as it is,the young,inexperienced,former SB assistant,1st time GM "will answer directly to me" says 'Prince Daniel '.
I DO like the hire of 1st time HC Richardson,he seems like a good hockey guy and bringing Maciver back was a good move too to be objective.
I just wonder who'll hold more sway in major decisions going forward.........Danny,Jamie and the baseball guy or the hockey people.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When they trade Kane later in the year that should bring a hefty haul.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m positive I’ll be watching a few other teams more this year. Also positive that I think this plan won’t be a success in the plan to draft Bedard. I think we pick 2-4.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m positive I’ll be watching a few other teams more this year. Also positive that I think this plan won’t be a success in the plan to draft Bedard. I think we pick 2-4.
The draft lotto giveth and taketh away. After all we were 5th worst when we won the lotto and got Kane.

But I think the team as-constructed is worse than the product displayed on-ice in the 2nd have of the 2018 season, and they were 3rd worst on that timeframe.

Even if we don't blag Bedard, the first couple of picks are supposed to be just that good. I think that the 'hawks are at least taking the right rebuild actions at this point, rather than wasting careers and miring themselves in Mediocrityville like the Beancounter was doing. We might miss like the build-up to 1992, but at least the steps taken seem to be right.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The draft lotto giveth and taketh away. After all we were 5th worst when we won the lotto and got Kane.

But I think the team as-constructed is worse than the product displayed on-ice in the 2nd have of the 2018 season, and they were 3rd worst on that timeframe.

Even if we don't blag Bedard, the first couple of picks are supposed to be just that good. I think that the 'hawks are at least taking the right rebuild actions at this point, rather than wasting careers and miring themselves in Mediocrityville like the Beancounter was doing. We might miss like the build-up to 1992, but at least the steps taken seem to be right.
Yep, rebuilding by the draft is anything but absolute....but it is the only way to roll without ending up in salary cap hell. Just got to hope these guys can recognize talent when they see it. Wouldn't hurt to be a little lucky as well.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Positive?

Next year at this time this team will have one of the top three prospects in all of hockey, hopefully the first in Bedard.

The Icehogs will have a stacked young defensive corps. All big, tough players and then the Smurf in Mitchell. Somebody said if you took Mitchell off the hogs defense the average height is 6’2? That’s a positive.

The Hawks broadcasts will be so bad it will be good. Cringe TV when the team is cringe just seems perfect.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One more positive:

With the signing of Jack Johnson, all of our youth will have firsthand knowledge about what happens when you trust your finances to a couple piece'o'shit leeches.