Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm worried sick over here. What if Poles is building this Bears roster for nothing?

Elberflust sucked last year. Like most total yards against sucked. He runs a antiquated tanper 2 defense that fucking sucks. Frazier seems to be the only one with any sort of success out of the scheme.

So Poles and Elderflumbst switch personnel( yeah yeah yeah, it's base defense and doesnt really mean a total change) and the team literally gets worse.

If Elmerfuddst gets fired, the new coach is gonna want his guys. I'm worried to death over here thinking Poles fucked up the coaching hire. And now the Bears are scrambling building a team around a guy who's fucking terrible.

About the only thing Elvisnubst has done was bring HITS and discipline. So the team gives up the least amount of penalty yards in the entire league whilst simultaneously giving up the most total yards in the game?

And all this whilst the greatest qb im Justin Black Jesus Fields is on the team. Are they pissing in the Fields? Wasting his best years?

So now, no doubt, Eldermugst went to Poles and said "Hey look Poles, I'm a defense guy, ya gotta get me defensive players or I can't succeed" So Poles gets him "his guys" and the D gets back to "OK"

But the flashy trade here(DJ Moore) and there(Claypool) isn't enough.

I sure hope these players completely buy into whatever philosophy Elvishnuts is preaching in Chicago.

I'm not sold that Eberphloos is the guy who is going to bring this all together for a championship.

Anyone else staying up long nights and worrying themselves ill?

FTO please.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm worried sick over here. What if Poles is building this Bears roster for nothing?

Elberflust sucked last year. Like most total yards against sucked. He runs a antiquated tanper 2 defense that fucking sucks. Frazier seems to be the only one with any sort of success out of the scheme.

So Poles and Elderflumbst switch personnel( yeah yeah yeah, it's base defense and doesnt really mean a total change) and the team literally gets worse.

If Elmerfuddst gets fired, the new coach is gonna want his guys. I'm worried to death over here thinking Poles fucked up the coaching hire. And now the Bears are scrambling building a team around a guy who's fucking terrible.

About the only thing Elvisnubst has done was bring HITS and discipline. So the team gives up the least amount of penalty yards in the entire league whilst simultaneously giving up the most total yards in the game?

And all this whilst the greatest qb im Justin Black Jesus Fields is on the team. Are they pissing in the Fields? Wasting his best years?

So now, no doubt, Eldermugst went to Poles and said "Hey look Poles, I'm a defense guy, ya gotta get me defensive players or I can't succeed" So Poles gets him "his guys" and the D gets back to "OK"

But the flashy trade here(DJ Moore) and there(Claypool) isn't enough.

I sure hope these players completely buy into whatever philosophy Elvishnuts is preaching in Chicago.

I'm not sold that Eberphloos is the guy who is going to bring this all together for a championship.

Anyone else staying up long nights and worrying themselves ill?

FTO please.
NO EXCUSES, ARE WE CLEAR?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If that went down it’s an @Anytime23 called it

Welp it could end up that way. All @Anytime23 seems to do is #call it.

The Bears brought in a defensive guy that literally made the defense worse. And before that,they brought in a offensive guy that literally made the offense worse.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yes that is a concern of mine as well. Eberflus is likely the worst coach in the NFL right now but no point of really worrying about it. Seems for the first time in a long time Bears are having a good offseason so I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Welp it could end up that way. All @Anytime23 seems to do is #call it.

The Bears brought in a defensive guy that literally made the defense worse. And before that,they brought in a offensive guy that literally made the offense worse.
Just so we’re clear we probably have to give this a 4 year run before it’s called a failure. It’s big time progress for Chicago cause the previous goal post was a 7 year rebuild.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We should try and trade back up to #1 with Carolina. We got nothing but dogshit from them in that trade. Nothing but dogshit in FA, and nothing coming now that FA is basically over. And the draft? Forget it. We already lost there. There's gonna be no one to draft because everyone is going to be taken by the time we pick. Completely picked over.

I just can't anymore with this team. As soon as Poles was hired, I wrote him off. And now I see why. Don't even get me started on "Coach" Everfloss...

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
My admitted lack of faith in Eberflus is why I don't care if they take a defensive player that doesn't fit perfectly in his 'scheme' but is otherwise talented enough to still do well in it. Just get the most talented player you can and have Eberflus adjust his 'system' enough to fit those players strengths while hopefully still hiding their weaknesses.

I see a guy like Witherspoon and see a talented cornerback. I don't know how well he fits Eberflus's scheme. I don't care either. I think he's got the skills to potentially be a shut down type corner. So if he's there 9, draft him and coach him up enough to make it work.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
We should try and trade back up to #1 with Carolina. We got nothing but dogshit from them in that trade. Nothing but dogshit in FA, and nothing coming now that FA is basically over. And the draft? Forget it. We already lost there. There's gonna be no one to draft because everyone is going to be taken by the time we pick. Completely picked over.

I just can't anymore with this team. As soon as Poles was hired, I wrote him off. And now I see why. Don't even get me started on "Coach" Everfloss...

Look, Venice wasn't built in a day. But it sure would be nice if the defensive coach hired could get the team back to at least "middle of the pack" in defense in one offseason. So far the guy is a polar opposite of Nagy but same in the sense that what they were hired to do is seemingly getting worse.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Look, Venice wasn't built in a day. But it sure would be nice if the defensive coach hired could get the team back to at least "middle of the pack" in defense in one offseason. So far the guy is a polar opposite of Nagy but same in the sense that what they were hired to do is seemingly getting worse.
Nagy never lost 14 games in a season. Maybe the biggest mistake the Bears ever made was letting him go. He was probably WELL on his way to making the Bears a perennial winner. Nagy and Pace had a vision, and we interrupted it and fired them both. Huge mistakes. Nagy and Pace had the league right where they wanted em. The 7 year rebuild was real.

Warbird199

Liked Posts:
Bears are always behind current NFL trends. When they try and play catchup to the league, they end up failing and end up content with safe mediocrity. Eberflus is the next in line in this mediocrity with doubling down on a Lovie style defense. I would prefer a defense that is attacking rather than one that sits there to get picked apart.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy never lost 14 games in a season. Maybe the biggest mistake the Bears ever made was letting him go. He was probably WELL on his way to making the Bears a perennial winner. Nagy and Pace had a vision, and we interrupted it and fired them both. Huge mistakes. Nagy and Pace had the league right where they wanted em. The 7 year rebuild was real.

Hey, I would rather still have Lovie Smith.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Nah...
What's the worst that can happen?
Been there done that

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nah...
What's the worst that can happen?
Been there done that

If we're talking worse defense, then nothing worse can happen. The team was dead last. So things are def. looking up or at least the same!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm not at all worried about defense. We're not going back to the 60s or even the 80s rules. Yes the defense needs a lot of work but that is not my worry. Being focused on defense instead of keeping our QB alive, which translates into starting the next rookie off with an offense even if this one isn't the one is my worry.

The way I see it our defense allows other teams to move because other teams have offense. Our offense allows other teams to make us lead the league in sacks because we spend too much worrying about other teams having an offense. Instead of trying to match them with our offense we try to go against the rules and match their offense with a defense.
Penalty, roughing, penalty PI. No flag for holding because the NFL doesn't want 3-0 games any more. They want basketball scores, that's what excites fans and sells advertising.

Let the other team run down and score, we run down and match it and then if either side gets lucky the defense will get a stop and the score won't be matched. That is what the NFL wants and has set the rules and ref's flags to cause. We're trying to go back in time and it won't be allowed.

I'm trying not to go overboard early into FA but I have a feeling by midseason next year if I'm watching any NFL it's not going to be the Bears any more. I'm not seeing anything changing. Same old shit different year. Bears aren't even trying to make it look like they're trying to win.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm not at all worried about defense. We're not going back to the 60s or even the 80s rules. Yes the defense needs a lot of work but that is not my worry. Being focused on defense instead of keeping our QB alive, which translates into starting the next rookie off with an offense even if this one isn't the one is my worry.

The way I see it our defense allows other teams to move because other teams have offense. Our offense allows other teams to make us lead the league in sacks because we spend too much worrying about other teams having an offense. Instead of trying to match them with our offense we try to go against the rules and match their offense with a defense.
Penalty, roughing, penalty PI. No flag for holding because the NFL doesn't want 3-0 games any more. They want basketball scores, that's what excites fans and sells advertising.

Let the other team run down and score, we run down and match it and then if either side gets lucky the defense will get a stop and the score won't be matched. That is what the NFL wants and has set the rules and ref's flags to cause. We're trying to go back in time and it won't be allowed.

I'm trying not to go overboard early into FA but I have a feeling by midseason next year if I'm watching any NFL it's not going to be the Bears any more. I'm not seeing anything changing. Same old shit different year. Bears aren't even trying to make it look like they're trying to win.

Someone forgot about the way they thrilled the nation with their T formation.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I started writing a thing about Ditka and how no one wants to work hard anymore. And I just can't even do it. I can't keep the bit going. Respect to @MDB111™ for keeping it going, though.