Anybody Else Worried? @Myk is!!!!

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Worried no. I like what they are doing. Be smart and spend wise. We are better then last year and still have a draft coming.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
so its worry time because a 1st time hc came in and didnt win right away with a makeshift offense and defense after a scheme change?
so keys to eberflus's defense or really any tampa 2 type scheme...front four pressure, led by a 3tech, a LB core that can run cover and tackle and an opportunistic secondary that is strong in zone coverage.
front four pressure - justin jones was a nice experiment but clearly not the answer and still the bears have no 3tech answer, maybe walker...still need better edge rushers as well and a better NT so i expect poles to sign robinson or ford to be a NT, as for edge, someone like yannick, clark if the price is right...
LB core - added edmunds and edwards, should be good there moving forward
Secondary - added brisker and gordon from last draft and they certainly flashed...johnson is meh, doesnt cause TO's and is better suited to a press man scheme but whatever...vildor i'm not a fan of and cant wait to see him replaced...

If the defense doesnt improve significantly this year i would be worried about eberflus and by extension if alan williams is the right guy to coordinate the D...

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
so its worry time because a 1st time hc came in and didnt win right away with a makeshift offense and defense after a scheme change?
so keys to eberflus's defense or really any tampa 2 type scheme...front four pressure, led by a 3tech, a LB core that can run cover and tackle and an opportunistic secondary that is strong in zone coverage.
front four pressure - justin jones was a nice experiment but clearly not the answer and still the bears have no 3tech answer, maybe walker...still need better edge rushers as well and a better NT so i expect poles to sign robinson or ford to be a NT, as for edge, someone like yannick, clark if the price is right...
LB core - added edmunds and edwards, should be good there moving forward
Secondary - added brisker and gordon from last draft and they certainly flashed...johnson is meh, doesnt cause TO's and is better suited to a press man scheme but whatever...vildor i'm not a fan of and cant wait to see him replaced...

If the defense doesnt improve significantly this year i would be worried about eberflus and by extension if alan williams is the right guy to coordinate the D...
This is a total rebuild, not sure what you are complaining about....

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Don't take this the wrong way, but you have no understanding of the game or the league. Before Belichick, the Patriots were a mess, before Favre the Packers were a mess, the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl for 28 years. Teams can not be good all the time. every team, and I mean every team goes through years of being bad. This is the Bears time. the Bears went through 20 years after their last NFL championship to get to the '85 Bears then were a top notch team for a decade. From the early 1990s to 2005 they were mostly sorry. Then some life with Lovie including the Super Bowl and a really fun defense,. then the dark times began, it is actually hard to even type the name Trestman. A little light with Nagy and now a complete frame off restoration. I am excited to see how it all works out. That is what being a fan for a team is, understanding the team, rooting for them and enjoying the process. If you need to have a current winner to root for, be prepared to change teams often...

But Patriots got Bellichek. Packers try to get tools for their QBs to win. Cowboys try to win.
I can't say the same for the Bears who get Cutler and then try every way they can to cheap out on WRs and oline for 3 years before getting Marshall to get record receptions and yards. Imagine if they had actually tried to win 3 years earlier instead of telling us a DB is our new WR1 and get Cutler's head beat in. We saw the same thing with Trubisky which bled into Fields and at least so far we are seeing the same thing repeat through Field's career here. We finally get him a WR for his 3rd year but have yet to make any moves to keep him from getting his head beat in. Once again fans like you will blame the players not the team.
My choice is if they don't do something to protect Fields this year I'm done if what little they've done doesn't work out quickly into the season. I don't care if Fields is the guy or not, WRs and oline need to be in place for the next QB. There is no excuse to not have them.

I wouldn't mind the Bears losing but they don't try to win until it's too little too late. Fans like you don't demand it. All the Bears do is try to sell fans on some history of defense that Papa Bear didn't do. He did try to have offensive talent. They've taken a few things he did and turned half the story into the whole team.

You do realize a decade is 10 years and you just said they were mostly sorry before your decade claim was up, right? They fell apart right after '85, I guess they couldn't handle the success (I would guess Ditka was more of a problem than the reason and Bears couldn't recover from losing Ryan who was the reason judging from their post Bears history). I'm sure Ditka was a big part of their problem even in '85, his ego clashed with the ego of talented players so we couldn't have them for long.

Trestman is a perfect example. Drag your feet pinching pennies so the big talent is gone and grab what is left. It's the same thing we've already done with oline this year.

Bite me with your change teams often BS. Obviously I've been a Bears fan for a very long time. I just can't stomach watching them ruin QBs now that they've figured out they need QB talent but are slow on the uptake figuring out it takes more than one player on offense.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
But Patriots got Bellichek. Packers try to get tools for their QBs to win. Cowboys try to win.
I can't say the same for the Bears who get Cutler and then try every way they can to cheap out on WRs and oline for 3 years before getting Marshall to get record receptions and yards. Imagine if they had actually tried to win 3 years earlier instead of telling us a DB is our new WR1 and get Cutler's head beat in. We saw the same thing with Trubisky which bled into Fields and at least so far we are seeing the same thing repeat through Field's career here. We finally get him a WR for his 3rd year but have yet to make any moves to keep him from getting his head beat in. Once again fans like you will blame the players not the team.
My choice is if they don't do something to protect Fields this year I'm done if what little they've done doesn't work out quickly into the season. I don't care if Fields is the guy or not, WRs and oline need to be in place for the next QB. There is no excuse to not have them.

I wouldn't mind the Bears losing but they don't try to win until it's too little too late. Fans like you don't demand it. All the Bears do is try to sell fans on some history of defense that Papa Bear didn't do. He did try to have offensive talent. They've taken a few things he did and turned half the story into the whole team.

You do realize a decade is 10 years and you just said they were mostly sorry before your decade claim was up, right? They fell apart right after '85, I guess they couldn't handle the success (I would guess Ditka was more of a problem than the reason and Bears couldn't recover from losing Ryan who was the reason judging from their post Bears history). I'm sure Ditka was a big part of their problem even in '85, his ego clashed with the ego of talented players so we couldn't have them for long.

Trestman is a perfect example. Drag your feet pinching pennies so the big talent is gone and grab what is left. It's the same thing we've already done with oline this year.

Bite me with your change teams often BS. Obviously I've been a Bears fan for a very long time. I just can't stomach watching them ruin QBs now that they've figured out they need QB talent but are slow on the uptake figuring out it takes more than one player on offense.
I was right, you really don't understand the NFL or the Bears. The Bears are not cheap, their payroll is right at league max (except last year, when the shedding of contracts began), they have been incompetent, but not cheap. They are trying to win, they just haven't been very good at it since Lovie left. I suggest you get yourself another team now, because we are still a couple of season away from being relevant...I refuse to bite you.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean, the overwhelming likelihood is that Poles and Eberflus will fail spectacularly, and all the people acting like they can do no wrong will pretend they knew from Day 1 that Polberflus couldn’t cut it.

Just historically and statistically, that’s incredibly likely.

That said, the fact of the matter is, at some point all these moves will have to bear fruit on the field. If they do, awesome, we can see it building toward something real. If they don’t, those in charge will rightfully be held to account.

I’m content to wait and see, while giving my honest opinion move-by-move rather than make a declarative statement one way or the other.

Reactions: Myk

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I mean, the overwhelming likelihood is that Poles and Eberflus will fail spectacularly, and all the people acting like they can do no wrong will pretend they knew from Day 1 that Polberflus couldn’t cut it.

Just historically and statistically, that’s incredibly likely.

That said, the fact of the matter is, at some point all these moves will have to bear fruit on the field. If they do, awesome, we can see it building toward something real. If they don’t, those in charge will rightfully be held to account.

I’m content to wait and see, while giving my honest opinion move-by-move rather than make a declarative statement one way or the other.
I appreciate your candor, but you know nothing about the prospects of the current Bears leadership. However, being patient is a virtue, we will all have to wait and see...Have a great day...Go Bears!!!

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Serious question. Have there Bears ever really had a good head coach other that George 23 Skadoo Halas?
Go ahead make fun of George S. Halas, you know take a shot at the Pope while you're at it. Way to stay classy!

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
I'm giving the coaches a pass this year because they were obviously tanking. Next season is make or break for Poles, Eberflus and the whole front office, though.
The coaches, and the players weren't tanking. If they were, I would get rid of them all. Poles is who was tanking, by getting rid of our better players. And FYI, I was behind him in tanking. See what it got us :cool:

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
God, I love this board. Whenever I'm down even just a little this cheers me right up.
Yeah me too. Some of the sarcasm is off the charts. Only issue I have is all the Teenies going back and forth, "you suck, no....you suck, no I don't, you suck....on and on and on..." Just give it up after the first, or second, "you suck" and everybody will be happy.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I was right, you really don't understand the NFL or the Bears. The Bears are not cheap, their payroll is right at league max (except last year, when the shedding of contracts began), they have been incompetent, but not cheap. They are trying to win, they just haven't been very good at it since Lovie left. I suggest you get yourself another team now, because we are still a couple of season away from being relevant...I refuse to bite you.

I understand the NFL and the Bears perfectly. I also understand business which you seem to be clueless about.
Look at the Lions. Did they try until they had a giant stadium that was mostly empty for every game? No. It took fans giving up on the team and not giving them money to get them to start trying and look at how fast they turned it around, even if they are still losers most of the time. At least they're trying and the Bears are not.

Most of the Bears are season tickets that nobody will stop paying for because of Chicago's "wait until next year" mentality. You have the majority of 61,500 people paying them their cut of whatever the season ticket prices are and then that majority legally scalps the tickets so the Bears or Chicago are out nothing if they don't sell out. Empty seats falls on the fans and those people don't want to go to the bottom of the waiting list so they keep on paying.
They don't try because they don't have to try.

Go ahead make fun of George S. Halas, you know take a shot at the Pope while you're at it. Way to stay classy!

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I understand the NFL and the Bears perfectly. I also understand business which you seem to be clueless about.
Look at the Lions. Did they try until they had a giant stadium that was mostly empty for every game? No. It took fans giving up on the team and not giving them money to get them to start trying and look at how fast they turned it around, even if they are still losers most of the time. At least they're trying and the Bears are not.

Most of the Bears are season tickets that nobody will stop paying for because of Chicago's "wait until next year" mentality. You have the majority of 61,500 people paying them their cut of whatever the season ticket prices are and then that majority legally scalps the tickets so the Bears or Chicago are out nothing if they don't sell out. Empty seats falls on the fans and those people don't want to go to the bottom of the waiting list so they keep on paying.
They don't try because they don't have to try.

Does the Pope shit in the woods?
The bigger question is, when he does shit in the woods, does a giant hand reach down from the parting clouds with a roll of toilet paper?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Welp it could end up that way. All @Anytime23 seems to do is #call it.

The Bears brought in a defensive guy that literally made the defense worse. And before that,they brought in a offensive guy that literally made the offense worse.

@Anytime23 When you're right, you're right.